Prospects thread 2022-2023

Guadana

12 minutes ago, nessus said:

Scoring leaders at the world juniors so far - this is just insane

GP-G-A-P

3. Jimmy Snuggerud: 6-5-6-11

2. Logan Cooley: 6-6-6-12

1. Connor Bedard: 6-9-14-23

23 points in six fvcking games…. Bedard is making a mockery of this tournament 🤣

Edited by MadDog2020

49 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Luke looked pretty good on this play though. Not too many players are catching Bedard right there. 

The “certified bust” comment was sarcasm.

10 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Obviously. I was taking a poke at Mr Canada up thread there sh!tting on Luke for the turnover on the empty net goal. 

Gotchya

Rewatched the game this morning because I don’t want to work. 

Luke ate a ton of minutes. Asking anyone to do that, especially a young player in the world juniors facing top line players, is a recipe for disaster. 

He wasn’t on the ice for the first FOUR canada goals. He had a really nice play to tie the game at 3, but the goal was called back (first goal called back was horrible, second goal called back was obvious.) 

Yeah, he got his pocket picked in the neutral zone with the net empty but that kind of thing happens and I won’t harp on him.

Excited to see him in the show.

3 minutes ago, MB3 said:

Rewatched the game this morning because I don’t want to work. 

Luke ate a ton of minutes. Asking anyone to do that, especially a young player in the world juniors facing top line players, is a recipe for disaster. 

He wasn’t on the ice for the first FOUR canada goals. He had a really nice play to tie the game at 3, but the goal was called back (first goal called back was horrible, second goal called back was obvious.) 

Yeah, he got his pocket picked in the neutral zone with the net empty but that kind of thing happens and I won’t harp on him.

Excited to see him in the show.

I didn’t watch any of these games, but have read a fair amount about how Luke apparently didn’t look good.

To be clear, I’m not worried about his future here at all.  Just wondering what the issues were exactly re:  this tournament.

7 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I didn’t watch any of these games, but have read a fair amount about how Luke apparently didn’t look good.

To be clear, I’m not worried about his future here at all.  Just wondering what the issues were exactly re:  this tournament.

his coaches named him a top-3 player in the tournament. based on game-score he was the 2nd best US player over the duration of the tournament, too. 

I watched all the US games and I think he looked great.  He definitely had some defensive mishaps but that's something that can be taught and improved on.  He was a monster carrying the puck and I can't wait to see him play with some NHLers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Crisis said:

I watched all the US games and I think he looked great.  He definitely had some defensive mishaps but that's something that can be taught and improved on.  He was a monster carrying the puck and I can't wait to see him play with some NHLers.

That's my take on him so far also. Great offensive defenseman, maybe a little iffy thus far in his own end at times. He's 19, I'm not concerned by that. 

3 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

That's my take on him so far also. Great offensive defenseman, maybe a little iffy thus far in his own end at times. He's 19, I'm not concerned by that. 

I think if you throw him on a line with a guy like Marino or Sieganthaler, you can let him run loose a bit as almost a 4th forward.

8 hours ago, Nicomo said:

Obviously. I was taking a poke at Mr Canada up thread there sh!tting on Luke for the turnover on the empty net goal. 

I didn't call him a bust, didn't say he sucked, i didn't wish we trade him, didn't say he was not NHL ready, that he was shot him into the sun, i didn't say we should have drafted someone else, i literally didn't say anything negative about him. Simply stated that it was a really bad turnover.

Losing the puck at the blue line when you're the last man back with no goalie in an elimination game is a "really really bad turnover", that's just pure fact. 

But of course that's just you doing what you've been doing lately. I sure was "sh!tting on him" lol The pattern continues

Edited by SterioDesign

9 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

I didn't call him a bust, didn't say he sucked, i didn't wish we trade him, didn't say he was not NHL ready, that he was shot him into the sun, i didn't say we should have drafted someone else, i literally didn't say anything negative about him. Simply stated that it was a really bad turnover.

Losing the puck at the blue line when you're the last man back with no goalie in an elimination game is a "really really bad turnover", that's just pure fact. 

But of course that's just you doing what you've been doing lately. I sure was "sh!tting on him" lol The pattern continues

Take it from me, you aren't allowed to mention when a guy named Hughes has a bad turnover lol. 

14 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Take it from me, you aren't allowed to mention when a guy named Hughes has a bad turnover lol. 

I've been championing him for weeks around here. Went to see 6 of his games. Made god knows how many social media posts about him. Wouldn't shut up about him, wouldn't blink when he'd be on the ice, even joined a group of young 15 years old girls who were cheering for him at some point lol, shouted and cheered for him the whole time. Got poked at by everyone in the room when he turned that puck over, got over 20 texts and one facetime call about that play, which i tried to sugarcoat to soooome extent cause i feel the puck jumped.

But I mention that it was a really bad turnover to take and now i'm "sh!tting on the guy" lol But again lol coming from the guy who never clued in that someone bringing up a river of pink slime running under a city may not be serious..... lololol what a clown

Edited by SterioDesign