Prospects thread 2022-2023

Guadana

1 minute ago, MB3 said:

Gritsyuk at 28 points in 48 games played so far this year. Is that not.... super disappointing? He had 28 points in 39 games last year. Why the down-tic in scoring? 

He had a very slow start to the season. He seems to have picked it up though. Basically a Sharangovich type of season lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MB3 said:

Gritsyuk at 28 points in 48 games played so far this year. Is that not.... super disappointing? He had 28 points in 39 games last year. Why the down-tic in scoring? 

Gritsyuk has 29 points in 49 games this season as 21yo player. He has very slow start, but now he has 18 points in the last 19 games.
Gritsyuk has 28 points in 39 games previous season as 20yo player.

Marchenko has 28 points in 41 games as 20 yo player.
He has 20 points in 39 games as 21 yo player.

Kuzmenko has 25 points in 45 games as 21 yo player.
He has 15 points in 34 games as 20 yo.

Khusnutdinov has 27 points in 47 games as 20 yo player.

For example guys like Soschnikov and Prokhorkin didn`t built NHL career, so it`s not guarantee.
But it is clearly good result.

Like Maddog said, he)and his team) has very slow start. Now he has 19 points in his last 20 games. And even without that 29 points in 49 games is good result for 21 yo player.

• Like 1

Just now, Nicomo said:

They’re a million times better than anything the big club is currently wearing. 

I can’t get past it, I’m too OCD. 

Funny thing to me is, when we were wearing the heritage jerseys, most people were wishy washy about them, like big deal, I hate the green, etc. 

I bet at least some of those people would love to have the team wearing them right now…

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

Funny thing to me is, when we were wearing the heritage jerseys, most people were wishy washy about them, like big deal, I hate the green, etc. 

I bet at least some of those people would love to have the team wearing them right now…

Those are still my favorite post-2017 Devils jerseys to date. They’re just super clean. 

• Like 1

Other than the crest being set a bit too low and the fact that the Devils couldn’t ever seem to win when they wore them, I definitely liked them.  Way more than the floaties.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Those are still my favorite post-2017 Devils jerseys to date. They’re just super clean. 

2 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Other than the crest being set a bit too low and the fact that the Devils couldn’t ever seem to win when they wore them, I definitely liked them.  Way more than the floaties.  

I definitely do not disagree. But, they used the right green lol. 

This is correct, although if one wanted to swap the last two I wouldn’t argue. 

Yeah, I debated which out of those two to put last, but I actually think the RR 2.0 looks better overall. And fvcking up a black Devils jersey is just unforgivable. I get people don’t like a Devils jersey having blue on it, but the Jersey jerseys are just so damn boring. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Yeah, I debated which out of those two to put last, but I actually think the RR 2.0 looks better overall. And fvcking up a black Devils jersey is just unforgivable. I get people don’t like a Devils jersey having blue on it, but the Jersey jerseys are just so damn boring. 

I don’t like the RR 2.0 just based on the color scheme. I don’t know who thinks those colors go nicely together. They just don’t. 

The Jersey jersey is obviously campy and meme quality, which I usually enjoy, but not when it’s our jerseys, especially after having such a long and consistent history. I’ve always been in favor of having an alternate jersey, and a true alternate, not just our retro/heritage. 

But yeah, so many ways it could have been better, even if we didn’t just take our old jerseys and do a color change. But they kind of blew it. 

The logo does remind me of airbrushed t-shirts on the Seaside Heights boardwalk when I was a kid, so that is pretty Jersey. 

Edited by mfitz804

9 hours ago, Nicomo said:

My Adidas ranking:

Heritage>RR 1.0>white primary>red primarily>RR2.0>Jersey jersey 

For me (best to worst):

Heritage

RR 1.0 - I've said it before but if the Devils had ever decided to make the RR 1.0 the home jerseys and the Heritage the road jerseys, either in red and green or the green swapped out for black, I would've been on board

RR 2.0 - I think more because it feels like with some color swaps (green for yellow and black for blue), it would absolutely top the floaties, which I've never fully warmed up to...I would NEVER want the Devils to wear the RR 2.0s full-time as is of course...but I think the template itself absolutely has potential

White primary

Red primary

Stupid Jersey jerseys...the Devils had a chance to design a REALLY cool black jersey and instead not only made a literal joke, but "created" something that is EXTREMELY derivative of an existing template...and now it feels like they wear them damned near every other game (not true of course, just feels that way).  But apparently as far as Devils fans go, I'm in the minority, as fans are wearing them.

And on that note, with the Devils wearing reds, and whites, and blacks, and RR 2.0s...it does feel like more is more.  At least with the RR 2.0 dates all complete, the Devils will be back to wearing "only" three jerseys.  I welcome such simplicity, I really do.    

34 minutes ago, Crisis said:

For the black jersey, I love the excessive striping, I love the red drop shadow on the numbers, but the front crest is just so goddamn awful.

The problem is it’s double awful. If we were the Red Wings and it said “Detroit”, that would have been single awful. But the word Jersey on a jersey is so stupid and just made them a joke regardless of how ugly they already were. 

1 minute ago, njbuff said:

Only a matter of time before Clarke gets the call.

Surprised Foote got a call up before him.