2022 Training Camp thread

MadDog2020

Looks like the curse of nASS still needs some exorcising…

and yeah that won’t count 

Best game I've seen from Bahl. I've been on team Okhotiuk, but maybe it's Bahl who wins that last spot on defense.

Foote didn't have a great game, but I thought he had some good moments. Mostly, it was his skating that I was most impressed with. Much improved from last season. He'll need to show some more if he wants a roster spot, though.

Bratt was dominant out there. Nico was looking amazing while he was playing too. 

I was pleasantly surprised by Halonen and Vilen. I had low expectations for both, but I thought they looked decent tonight.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, nessus said:

Foote didn't have a great game, but I thought he had some good moments. Mostly, it was his skating that I was most impressed with. Much improved from last season. He'll need to show some more if he wants a roster spot, though.

I had the same observation, he was pushing it quite a bit harder at times during this game, which he didn’t really do last time around. 

I don’t expect he’ll earn a roster spot, but as you said, if he wants to he’ll have to bring his game up another level at least. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MB3 said:

The Devils have never won the first game of the preseason and missed the playoffs in the same year.

and other funny stats i just made up right now 

And on this note...

Devils sweep the SCF in 1995...then win all of their 1995-96 preseason games...then start off the 1995-96 season with four straight wins (including yet another win against the Red Wings)...

And somehow miss the playoffs 🤬

Oh man I was hoping to see Geertsen in tonight...

J-L Cauvin on Twitter: "When you tell your day job you are leaving to  pursue comedy full time https://t.co/S9eQ1gWE9I" / Twitter

Kid Ray Part Deux

But I'm definitely looking forward to seeing the "Untitled" line do its thing.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

59 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Oh man I was hoping to see Geertsen in tonight...

J-L Cauvin on Twitter: "When you tell your day job you are leaving to  pursue comedy full time https://t.co/S9eQ1gWE9I" / Twitter

Kid Ray Part Deux

But I'm definitely looking forward to seeing the "Untitled" line do its thing.

It’s not often you get a Lean on Me reference these days haha. 

I was at the dentist a few weeks ago (in North Florida) and the dental assistant said she’s from Jersey and her husband went to East Side High when Joe Clark was there. She said Joe Clark stopped him and made him sing the school anthem. Kind of random to be a bullsh!t story so I thought it was cool. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

Say what you want about her, but this is always a refreshing sight

I have a feeling Sharangovich is about to become a 3rd liner. I won’t get too excited about Holtz yet but I fully expect Holtz to take his spot on the first line by the end of the year if not start of the season. 

I like Rango but I’ve always felt like Hughes needed someone a little better to put up good numbers. Maybe he’ll make line 2 with Hischier and Bratt. But then Mercer is on the 3rd line? 

I guess this is a good problem to have.

3 minutes ago, Jerzey said:

I have a feeling Sharangovich is about to become a 3rd liner. I won’t get too excited about Holtz yet but I fully expect Holtz to take his spot on the first line by the end of the year if not start of the season. 

I like Rango but I’ve always felt like Hughes needed someone a little better to put up good numbers. Maybe he’ll make line 2 with Hischier and Bratt. But then Mercer is on the 3rd line? 

I guess this is a good problem to have.

Sharangovich has gotten off to slow starts the past two seasons, before heating up in what's essentially been garbage time.  If he wants to stake a spot in the Top 6, he's going to have to show he can do it when the season's not already over.  He finished last season with 20 G and 17 A over his last 50 GP...I need to see that guy in October and November.

• Like 2