2022 Training Camp thread

MadDog2020

1 minute ago, MadDog2020 said:

Neither can I. Legit. Curtis Gabriel just retired, so yeah- no one. 

Well, to his credit, I guess right now he's there to take dopey penalties so the Devils can get some PK practice time in?  I can't think of a single other purpose that he serves.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bonginator11 said:

image.jpeg.a51598ce52630e744918fd9291ed4b35.jpeg

what I would ask Geertsen

Maybe he’s a people person…

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

What a low bar for that to be the winner

Seriously, who the hell finished behind them?!

And even worse, now those dweebuses will be convinced that they got this whole thing right all along.

BUT, like we've noted multiple times...fans ARE buying them.  

1 hour ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Seriously, who the hell finished behind them?!

And even worse, now those dweebuses will be convinced that they got this whole thing right all along.

BUT, like we've noted multiple times...fans ARE buying them.  

Exactly, so from a marketing standpoint, they DID get it right all along. They got people talking about it.

They could've made a green and purple NJD jersey; if people buy them, they did their job. The hat hat was just an absolutely perfect way of capitalizing on the meme the sweater became. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

Exactly, so from a marketing standpoint, they DID get it right all along. They got people talking about it.

They could've made a green and purple NJD jersey; if people buy them, they did their job. The hat hat was just an absolutely perfect way of capitalizing on the meme the sweater became. 

I just wish that they came up with a third that was actually cool, instead of one that somehow wound up becoming a cool joke in spite of itself.  But you are not wrong at all, mission accomplished, they’re selling.  

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I just wish that they came up with a third that was actually cool, instead of one that somehow wound up becoming a cool joke in spite of itself.  But you are not wrong at all, mission accomplished, they’re selling.  

Completely agreed, I wanted just a black version of the classic Devils jersey, just like the one @MB3 mocked up, I'm just speaking objectively 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Puckbuster said:

Does Zetterlund need to clear waivers to start the season in Utica?

I don’t care if he does or if he doesn’t- between how he played during his call-up last season, and what I’ve seen so far this camp, dude deserves to start the season with the big club. He’s earned it. 

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

I don’t care if he does or if he doesn’t- between how he played during his call-up last season, and what I’ve seen so far this camp, dude deserves to start the season with the big club. He’s earned it. 

I’d rather see him busting his butt every shift than watch another year of Tatar and Johnsson 

Edited by Devil Dan 56
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

The mystery continues

Cramps...right

Yikes...that lineup is about as "No thrills" as it gets...

But at least we get to see more of Kid Ray.