2022 Training Camp thread

MadDog2020

17 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Nico is really beginning to piss me off with his fragility.

Seriously, think the over/under going forward for games played by Nico in any given season is 55.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

One fvcking preseason game and he’s already got a fvcking soft tissue injury. fvck outta here. Ridiculous.

I like Nico a lot, always have, but injury-prone primary core pieces are frustrating as hell…you can never count on them.  Gotta be able to actually PLAY.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Cramps my ass. Just go with the standard UBI or LBI and don’t insult our intelligence. 

Seriously, either this was incompetence from the medical staff or buffoonery from the front office trying to cover up an injury for…a competitive advantage in a preseason game or selling two more season tickets before the truth comes out?! Neither one makes us look great, and yeah I love Nico but if we have to go through this sh!t again with Nico and Jack then I don’t know how you can ever build a sustainable winner around two guys who miss 25-30 games a year?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

Seriously, either this was incompetence from the medical staff or buffoonery from the front office trying to cover up an injury for…a competitive advantage in a preseason game or selling two more season tickets before the truth comes out?! Neither one makes us look great, and yeah I love Nico but if we have to go through this sh!t again with Nico and Jack then I don’t know how you can ever build a sustainable winner around two guys who miss 25-30 games a year?

To be 100% fair to Nico, covid time, the broken leg, and the Subban slapper to the face are all kind of freak injuries or unavoidable to some degree. I don't know what to make of this one period injury already but you can't say that the time he's missed in the last couple years has all been due to "fragility".

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

To be 100% fair to Nico, covid time, the broken leg, and the Subban slapper to the face are all kind of freak injuries or unavoidable to some degree. I don't know what to make of this one period injury already but you can't say that the time he's missed in the last couple years has all been due to "fragility".

1 minute ago, MB3 said:

you’re telling me the guy who can’t stay healthy got injured again? well I NEVER

#Juxtaposition

1 hour ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Call it whatever you want, dude is injury prone. Injuries find him. It’s annoying. The best ability is availability.

as luck would have it guys like Geersten don't move fast enough or are close enough to the play to get hurt, only risk is getting their face caved in or breaking a hand on somebody else's bucket.  If this guy is sniffing the roster and not playing in Utica we all lose this season.

1 hour ago, MadDog2020 said:

Call it whatever you want, dude is injury prone. Injuries find him. It’s annoying. The best ability is availability.

I am definitely not saying it isn't annoying or that he hasn't been injury prone. Just not sure who to direct it at other than the universe. A lot of sh!t luck involved.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NJDevils1214 said:

It’s just always something with those two, just like the frigging LA Chargers of the NHL…great young talent that everyone goes gaga over but it never translates into actual winning, horrible coaching/management and always sh!t happens to them injury wise or ‘luck’ wise

Edited by NJDevs4978

14 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

I am definitely not saying it isn't annoying or that he hasn't been injury prone. Just not sure who to direct it at other than the universe. A lot of sh!t luck involved.

Certain players are just injury prone. I don’t know why. Nico is definitely one of them though.

Edited by MadDog2020

38 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Certain players are just injury prone. I don’t know why. Nico is definitely one of them though.

Some guys are just cursed.  Given the "goofiness" of some of Nico's injuries, he seems like one of them at times...one of those "Goddamn it's always SOMETHING" players.  

If the Devils can get 140+ games combined out of Jack and Nico most seasons, I think the Devils are on their way to some fine seasons.  If it's more like 120 or less...dammit all.

I have a vision of what Nico's career will be...he'll be good to very good, when 90% or better healthy.  But just when he's on some 30 points in 25 GP kind of run where it's all coming together nicely...bam.  Injury.  10+ games missed.  Then 5 to try to get back to where he was.  Then 15 more terrific games.  Then something else.  So instead of 80 games or so and near a PPG pace, it will be 55-60 games and maybe 40-50 points, with every year ending on a "If he could just avoid..." note.  I hope not.  

Basically, it will be "Man, he really was a good player, he had the talent, if only he could just stay on the damned ice!"  I hope he proves me wrong, because I really like the dude...seems like a good guy and seems to like being a Devil.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Some guys are just cursed.  Given the "goofiness" of some of Nico's injuries, he seems like one of them at times...one of those "Goddamn it's always SOMETHING" players.  

If the Devils can get 140+ games combined out of Jack and Nico most seasons, I think the Devils are on their way to some fine seasons.  If it's more like 120 or less...dammit all.

I have a vision of what Nico's career will be...he'll be good to very good, when 90% or better healthy.  But just when he's on some 30 points in 25 GP kind of run where it's all coming together nicely...bam.  Injury.  10+ games missed.  Then 5 to try to get back to where he was.  Then 15 more terrific games.  Then something else.  So instead of 80 games or so and near a PPG pace, it will be 55-60 games and maybe 40-50 points, with every year ending on a "If he could just avoid..." note.  I hope not.  

Basically, it will be "Man, he really was a good player, he had the talent, if only he could just stay on the damned ice!"  I hope he proves me wrong, because I really like the dude...seems like a good guy and seems to like being a Devil.  

Yeah. For some weird reasons, some guys just can't avoid it.

And that was a big contending point when people were arguing Nico vs Nolan here before the draft. I was 100% against Nolan cause his injury reports was just insane for such a young age. And while sure, one can say it's just badluck. In hindsight, he still got injured a lot once he reached the NHL and now his career may be over already.