2022 Training Camp thread

MadDog2020

3 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

- Me, every day since 6th grade lol

Late bloomer

1 hour ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Not going to pretend I tune into Islander games much at all...pretty much never in fact, heh heh.  But last night the Barzal love was just beyond "regular homer" silliness.  It would be like our crew predicting 100 points for Nico one day; I like Nico a lot (especially when he's healthy enough to play), but as a fan, I would instantly think "C'mon guys, WTF are you talking about?  Based on WHAT?"  

I believe he said something like if he scored 80, its not that much further to score 100. I was like wait, what? It's easy to go from 80 to 100 points??

26 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

I think that seals Holtz on the team. Or Geertsen. 

Being cut for Geertsen would be depressing. Feels like a team might take a chance on him. There was that spell with Bratt where he looked promising, but that was clearly all Bratt. 

2 hours ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Yay. 

I like having some physical, win battles kind of big guys, but Mason Geertsen is not it. He's not going to be our Tom Wilson. 

Anyone have news on Brenden Smith? I heard last night a mention of him going down to the dressing room.  Maybe we'll get Bahl/Nemec battling to play next to Marino. 

9 minutes ago, RizzMB30 said:

I like having some physical, win battles kind of big guys, but Mason Geertsen is not it. He's not going to be our Tom Wilson. 

Anyone have news on Brenden Smith? I heard last night a mention of him going down to the dressing room.  Maybe we'll get Bahl/Nemec battling to play next to Marino. 

I believe Smith ended up returning later in the game 

1 hour ago, WaffleFries said:

AJ on waivers

Well one guy on that list is feeling frked…

36 minutes ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

Being cut for Geertsen would be depressing. Feels like a team might take a chance on him. There was that spell with Bratt where he looked promising, but that was clearly all Bratt. 

It was almost 100% due to unsustainable shooting%.  Bratt is obviously good at certain things, but making a guy shoot over twice his career shooting% over a full season?  Was never ever happening.  Johnsson is a guy who simply never generates enough SOG, never has been.  He may get hot for short bursts, but that’s all they’ll ever be…with MUCH longer bursts of invisibility.  Hopefully that’s the end of him here.

1 hour ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

I believe Smith ended up returning later in the game 

He did make it back in time to lay an epic giveaway directly in front of the crease to Raty for a goal. 

Full list of today's moves:

https://www.nhl.com/devils/news/devils-make-roster-moves-friday--news/c-336145754?fbclid=IwAR1BvqqOUt9z2VDsh675waL9kzYb7M35SS1gdFxfqTIxQXqP38CVgXx225I

30 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I think what you meant to say was "we waived our Johnsson". 

We should claim that Frker. 

Nah, stick a frk in that frker.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Aitchmack said:

As much as I like the additions Fitz has made, I'm even happier with the subtractions. No nASS, Recchi, Zacha and Smith and now - No Johnsson (calm yourself mfitz)! Can't wait for the first game.

Also liked that he more or less said “Sorry Kuokkanen, we gave you a contract and a decent look, bye bye!”  

• Like 5