Jump to content

2022 Training Camp thread


MadDog2020
 Share

Recommended Posts

Looks like the curse of nASS still needs some exorcising…

and yeah that won’t count 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Best game I've seen from Bahl. I've been on team Okhotiuk, but maybe it's Bahl who wins that last spot on defense.

Foote didn't have a great game, but I thought he had some good moments. Mostly, it was his skating that I was most impressed with. Much improved from last season. He'll need to show some more if he wants a roster spot, though.

Bratt was dominant out there. Nico was looking amazing while he was playing too. 

I was pleasantly surprised by Halonen and Vilen. I had low expectations for both, but I thought they looked decent tonight.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, nessus said:

Foote didn't have a great game, but I thought he had some good moments. Mostly, it was his skating that I was most impressed with. Much improved from last season. He'll need to show some more if he wants a roster spot, though.

I had the same observation, he was pushing it quite a bit harder at times during this game, which he didn’t really do last time around. 

I don’t expect he’ll earn a roster spot, but as you said, if he wants to he’ll have to bring his game up another level at least. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, MB3 said:

The Devils have never won the first game of the preseason and missed the playoffs in the same year.

 

and other funny stats i just made up right now 

And on this note...

Devils sweep the SCF in 1995...then win all of their 1995-96 preseason games...then start off the 1995-96 season with four straight wins (including yet another win against the Red Wings)...

And somehow miss the playoffs 🤬

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We’ll be hearing Spaulding’s first call tonight, along with our first look at Vanecek, Haula, Nemec, Smith, Marino, and the line that shall not be named. 

And I guess the new pa announcer which at this point I’m assuming is the owners using an Alexa held to the microphone. 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Oh man I was hoping to see Geertsen in tonight...

J-L Cauvin on Twitter: "When you tell your day job you are leaving to  pursue comedy full time https://t.co/S9eQ1gWE9I" / Twitter

Kid Ray Part Deux

 

But I'm definitely looking forward to seeing the "Untitled" line do its thing.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Oh man I was hoping to see Geertsen in tonight...

J-L Cauvin on Twitter: "When you tell your day job you are leaving to  pursue comedy full time https://t.co/S9eQ1gWE9I" / Twitter

Kid Ray Part Deux

 

But I'm definitely looking forward to seeing the "Untitled" line do its thing.

It’s not often you get a Lean on Me reference these days haha. 
 

I was at the dentist a few weeks ago (in North Florida) and the dental assistant said she’s from Jersey and her husband went to East Side High when Joe Clark was there. She said Joe Clark stopped him and made him sing the school anthem. Kind of random to be a bullsh!t story so I thought it was cool. 

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

Say what you want about her, but this is always a refreshing sight

 

 

I have a feeling Sharangovich is about to become a 3rd liner. I won’t get too excited about Holtz yet but I fully expect Holtz to take his spot on the first line by the end of the year if not start of the season. 
 

I like Rango but I’ve always felt like Hughes needed someone a little better to put up good numbers. Maybe he’ll make line 2 with Hischier and Bratt. But then Mercer is on the 3rd line? 
 

I guess this is a good problem to have.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Jerzey said:

I have a feeling Sharangovich is about to become a 3rd liner. I won’t get too excited about Holtz yet but I fully expect Holtz to take his spot on the first line by the end of the year if not start of the season. 
 

I like Rango but I’ve always felt like Hughes needed someone a little better to put up good numbers. Maybe he’ll make line 2 with Hischier and Bratt. But then Mercer is on the 3rd line? 
 

I guess this is a good problem to have.

Sharangovich has gotten off to slow starts the past two seasons, before heating up in what's essentially been garbage time.  If he wants to stake a spot in the Top 6, he's going to have to show he can do it when the season's not already over.  He finished last season with 20 G and 17 A over his last 50 GP...I need to see that guy in October and November.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Tonight's my first game back in my own seats since March 10, 2020. Pretty excited for this season simply cause I'll be back at almost all of the games again. 

In terms of the on ice product this past decade of sh!t has taught me to expect absolutely nothing.

Either way, LETS GO DEVILS!!! 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.