2022 Training Camp thread

MadDog2020

1 hour ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

I would've liked to see Bahl on the third pairing instead of Smith, but can't argue with that line up. I know some people aren't 100% sold on Holtz (and I'm one of them) but I can't think of anyone who was waived that deserved to be in the team over him.

• Like 1

Remember this days when everybody wait how Fitz will waive Zett and save Geertsen in roster.

I like Devils line uo, especially when Nico will play. I don`t understand when team will replace his body part and make him cyborg finally?

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, vadvlfan said:

IMO, I definitely want McCleod over Boqvist. Brings way more to the table as 4th line center. I don't get the love for Bo.

I take anyone over McLeod. His apparently terrible baggage aside, he adds zero value that cannot be easily replaced. Boqvist on the other hand had better production numbers and looked to be breaking out, development-wise.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, devlman said:

I take anyone over McLeod. His apparently terrible baggage aside, he adds zero value that cannot be easily replaced. Boqvist on the other hand had better production numbers and looked to be breaking out, development-wise.

He is good at faceoffs, so just above zero value. 

20 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

I take McLeod just because of the faceoffs. The only reason Boqvist hangs around is because every year he seems to string 10 or so games together that make him look like he might put it together.

I am not convinced either guy will ever be more than they are right now. That said, there were a couple young centers on the most recent waiver list that I might take a chance on.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nicomo said:

Neither one have shown much (I’m personally higher on Boqvist) so give me the guy who isn’t a rapist. 

Without Nico, he is the only one that can win a faceoff. If you rate his play so bad, then name someone who can win more faceoffs. There's a reason he's being kept around and it's what he brings in winning faceoffs and doing it on the PK. 

Ruff is saying that Mercer and Hughes are taking extra time after practice to get better, but it be nice to get some results there before we ship Mcleod anywhere. 

Boquist isn't really a fourth liner.

Edited by RizzMB30

27 minutes ago, RizzMB30 said:

Without Nico, he is the only one that can win a faceoff. If you rate his play so bad, then name someone who can win more faceoffs. There's a reason he's being kept around and it's what he brings in winning faceoffs and doing it on the PK. 

Ruff is saying that Mercer and Hughes are taking extra time after practice to get better, but it be nice to get some results there before we ship Mcleod anywhere. 

Idc enough about faceoffs to employ a 1st round bust with the off the ice baggage that he has. His face off prowess has made virtually no difference the last few years. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, RizzMB30 said:

Erik Haula

Edited by devlman
  • Like 2

McLeod better do something other than win faceoffs or he's not going to have a job for very long. He's been more of a liability than an asset for the time he's been here, and now there's stiffer competition to crack the starting 12 forwards. It's too bad he sucks at checking ... being a good defender would go well with being a good faceoff man. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Jerrydevil said:

McLeod better do something other than win faceoffs or he's not going to have a job for very long. He's been more of a liability than an asset for the time he's been here, and now there's stiffer competition to crack the starting 12 forwards. It's too bad he sucks at checking ... being a good defender would go well with being a good faceoff man. 

As the talent pool gets better, some guys are simply going to drop out of the picture.  I think it's only a matter of time as far as McLeod falling out of relevance here...seems like he's topped out.  

I'm very curious what their plans for Mercer are when Nico is healthy. If the plan is for him to be on the 3rd line regardless, I would love for them to keep him at center and move Haula down to be the 4C in McLeod's spot. Hughes-Hischier-Mercer-Haula is some pretty unreal center depth and I would be perfectly happy with the wings around those guys.

EDIT: Something like this looks really good to me

Palat - Hughes - Holtz
Tatar - Hischier - Bratt
Sharangovich - Mercer - Zetterlund
Wood - Haula - Bastian

Edited by CommonDreads

53 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

We've been saying this for at least the last 2 years, maybe 3, and yet.... here he is... Again.

To be fair, two years ago he did show some promise (more than we thought we could ever expect, anyway).  He was going to get last year, at the very least.  And can't discount the "former first rounder factor".  Guys like that tend to get a longer look.

Nemec over Bahl, Holtz is in, no Geertsen. Interesting. 

1 minute ago, MB3 said:

Shocking to see Nemec make the team out of camp. Thought he was handedly  outplayed by Bahl. Wonder if Nemec gets his requisite 9 games and we see bahl the rest of the year? 

Could be. 

I am especially interested in who will lose their spot if Nico comes back. 

Yes I said “if”, because who the fvck knows.