Jump to content

2022 Training Camp thread


MadDog2020
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, MB3 said:

If only we had a beat writer who made it part of her job to provide the fans with accurate information 😕 

Yup, she was wrong. I bet she was right about the shoes she is wearing today though, so that’s .500. Or .667 if you count the shoes separately. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Yup, she was wrong. I bet she was right about the shoes she is wearing today though, so that’s .500. Or .667 if you count the shoes separately. 

At least she's not using the 50 lbs ago picture.

She has really gotten heavy...that is just SO dangerous.  Not saying everyone has to be model-skinny, but the whole "You're beautiful now matter unhealthy you are" movement has to stop.  Obesity is enough of a problem in the US as it is...now making it seem like it's blindly OK to embrace it (see Lizzo) is not a good thing.  Not saying to ever go out and insult anyone who's battling a weight issue (especially since I'm sure some of those people are really trying to do something about it, but are fighting genetics as well)...just would like to see less "I'm way too heavy and that's great!" out there I guess. 

 

Anyway, I'm guessing Nico is 3-4 weeks out...just a guess. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

At least she's not using the 50 lbs ago picture.

She has really gotten heavy...that is just SO dangerous.  Not saying everyone has to be model-skinny, but the whole "You're beautiful now matter unhealthy you are" movement has to stop.  Obesity is enough of a problem in the US as it is...now making it seem like it's blindly OK to embrace it (see Lizzo) is not a good thing.  Not saying to ever go out and insult anyone who's battling a weight issue (especially since I'm sure some of those people are really trying to do something about it, but are fighting genetics as well)...just would like to see less "I'm way too heavy and that's great!" out there I guess. 

I personally think people need to stop caring about stuff like this. If Lizzo is happy as she is and dying early as a result of it, that's her choice. I suspect, however, like most fat celebrities, she will eventually drop a hundred pounds and then tell everyone how much better she feels and how much happier she is. 

Until then, I am perfectly happing not giving a sh!t about Lizzo, her terrible music, or her poor health. If she isn't giving a sh!t, why should I??

Its all a function of the internet, in my opinion. Too many opportunities for people to say things and then people read them and either agree blindly, or oppose belligerently, when honestly, its nobody's business. 

I'll add to that, the concept of embracing "big is beautiful" is mostly an internet trope, and the majority of people still make fun of fat people or use weight as an insult when they aren't trying to be controversial on the internet. 

And I will add to that, I don't think @Colorado Rockies 1976 was doing any of the above and I clearly went off on a tangent lol. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Ugh I forgot our season opener is on this dog sh!t. I ain't paying for it. fvck em. 

I hate this too.  All of it.  I already have it, but still hate everything that comes with it.  

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's really starting to suck with all these companies getting these games, you literally have to jump through hoops.

I usually had Gamecenter. So i was mostly covered for everything, only a few blackouts every season.

But now in Canada NHL Gamecenter switched or was acquired by Sportsnet. So it's SNNOW. I subscribed to their regular $15 per month package to watch the first pre-season game cause the other $35 package had like all the sports and all but it's not clear what the difference is between the 2. Then when i clicked on the game, it was saying i needed to upgrade my package to watch it. So i upgraded it to the $35 per months package.

Then i realized a week later that i could log in with my tv provider. So to make sure i contacted them through their online chat thing. Asking if i was already good with just my tv provider to get NHL games. And he said yes. So i asked if i should cancel my premium SNNOW subscription since there's no point in paying extra if i dont have to. He said yeah. So i cancelled.

So now when i go to checkout games. I see that there's some that i can and cannot watch, while logged in with my tv provider, it's totally random.

Like for the love of god. Why do they have to fvcking make this so fvcking complicated. I don't care what i have to pay but just be clear 

Edited by SterioDesign
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

It's really starting to suck with all these companies getting these games, you literally have to jump through hoops.

I usually had Gamecenter. So i was mostly covered for everything, only a few blackouts every season.

But now in Canada NHL Gamecenter switched or was acquired by Sportsnet. So it's SNNOW. I subscribed to their regular $15 per month package to watch the first pre-season game cause the other $35 package had like all the sports and all but it's not clear what the difference is between the 2. Then when i clicked on the game, it was saying i needed to upgrade my package to watch it. So i upgraded it to the $35 per months package.

Then i realized a week later that i could log in with my tv provider. So to make sure i contacted them through their online chat thing. Asking if i was already good with just my tv provider to get NHL games. And he said yes. So i asked if i should cancel my premium SNNOW subscription since there's no point in paying extra if i dont have to. He said yeah. So i cancelled.

So now when i go to checkout games. I see that there's some that i can and cannot watch, while logged in with my tv provider, it's totally random.

Like for the love of god. Why do they have to fvcking make this so fvcking complicated. I don't care what i have to pay but just be clear 

That is so unnecessary. Why in earth would a league that is trying to gain viewers and expand it’s footprint make it complicated to watch games? Especially now that so many people are cord cutting  

Think of how many people wouldn’t take the extra steps you did and would just give up and watch something else. 

When I had Center Ice (I’m gonna say 2005-2009ish maybe?) you paid one price and got everything but local games. I don’t know why they messed with it. ( I’m sure the reason involves $$)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I hate this too.  All of it.  I already have it, but still hate everything that comes with it.  

And the yearly ESPN+ subscription is going up to $100 for the year. I only have it for the Devils and NFL Primetime on Sunday nights.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

That is so unnecessary. Why in earth would a league that is trying to gain viewers and expand it’s footprint make it complicated to watch games? Especially now that so many people are cord cutting  

Think of how many people wouldn’t take the extra steps you did and would just give up and watch something else. 

When I had Center Ice (I’m gonna say 2005-2009ish maybe?) you paid one price and got everything but local games. I don’t know why they messed with it. ( I’m sure the reason involves $$)

well that's the thing. 

Like you before i'd pay Center Ice. And i knew i'd have all the games except when the devils would play like... MTL or the Sens. Then it would be blacked out. But then i could watch it locally. It's pretty basic. You get the game unless it's playing on your local channel in your region.

Now it's all over the place. The other night say there was.... 6 games on... i could watch maybe 3-4 of them. Not sure why i couldn't watch the other 2. And they were not playing on my tv channels either. So is it going to be like this all year when i have to figure out everything like... hours before the game? And when i asked buddy in support. He said one package has "less" blackouts or wtv than the other. But he couldnt tell me like..how much less...  

Plus now i dont know if.... i have to re-subscribe if i want all the games... meaning i'd be paying some of the cost twice

Like this is where you select your package.... there's really not enough details image.thumb.png.a32a126e2e5f50de4be92a0cc6796f27.png

Edited by SterioDesign
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.