2022 Prospects Challenge - Sept 15-19

RunninWithTheDevil

4 minutes ago, devlman said:

Told you guys Holtz is going to be right in the Calder running this year. And yeah yeah I know it’s only the rookie tournament but his skating also looks improved.

Front runner and top 3 in voting were your exact quotes. I’m following lol. 

1 hour ago, devlman said:

Told you guys Holtz is going to be right in the Calder running this year. And yeah yeah I know it’s only the rookie tournament but his skating also looks improved.

Not sure about the skating part, or more specifically the speed. He looks like his legs are cement at full stride.  But he really isn't a bad stick handler and his vision is good. He can be successful with that shot. He needs to find his game.

1 hour ago, devlman said:

I'm all for positivity but you're a weeeeee bit ahead of yourself on this one. I hope you're right though.

EDIT: Also, Halonen and Parent were two guys that stood out to me as having decent games yesterday, especially when compared to Foot and Stillman.

Edited by NJDevils1214

3 hours ago, EdgeControl said:

Not sure about the skating part, or more specifically the speed. He looks like his legs are cement at full stride.  But he really isn't a bad stick handler and his vision is good. He can be successful with that shot. He needs to find his game.

His skating didn’t look like that yesterday…

On 9/17/2022 at 6:26 PM, devlman said:

He doesn't drive the play. I believe he can make impact in pp. Would mean much how good he can in neuteral and in d zone without the puck. And with whom he will play. If he will play with Nico, he should face tough minutes, if he will play with Jack, he will face tough defense, if he will play with Boqvist or Haula, he should play some defensive role and could lost time without good setups. 

I think he should start in nhl and spend some time with better competition. He won't learn to play in nhl if he will not spend time in nhl. But I would slow down expectations. In the last years most of successful Calder finalists were good drivers and/or players capable for two way game at least. 

I think, as he did before, he should spend one year for understanding new level of the game  and after translate it, understand the timings and find open space.

Edited by Guadana
  • Like 1