Your New Jersey Devils Regular Season Thread: 2022-2023 Edition

Crisis

3 hours ago, Nicomo said:

The ads make that site borderline unusable for me. I wouldn’t go there at all if it wasn’t so much busier than this board is. 

You guys may scoff at this, but if you pay to become a "sponsor" for $1 a month all ads are scrubbed on desktop and mobile.

It's worth it imo 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Devilsfan118 said:

You guys may scoff at this, but if you pay to become a "sponsor" for $1 a month all ads are scrubbed on desktop and mobile.

It's worth it imo 

If the mods didn't have a stick up their ass all the time over there I would consider it but I've had too many run ins with mods getting power happy over there that I'll never support that site financially. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

As much bullsh!t as we sometimes get into on here I'm happy the moderation isn't absolutely ridiculous like over on HF where posts about a stupid chant that's happened at 2 games this season gets deleted and the mod labels it as "garbage" because they agree with that chant. 

That site is such a joke lol

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Holtz in the doghouse and sent to where offense goes to die. Meanwhile Tatar will be free to do whatever it is he does and Wood can take terrible o-zone penalties. 

Does Zetterlund play center as well as right wing? Because I’d much rather see him than McLeod 

Totally makes sense to have Holtz on the 4th line playing 6 mins a game rather than in Utica where he is on the first line, getting PP1 time, and getting 18 minutes a night.  If he isn't playing top 6, he should not be playing in the NHL.  Let him develop in the minors and have Zetterlund play RW on that line.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

That site is such a joke lol

Yeah never felt "right" over there.  Yeah there's bickering here and a lot of times it's the same people bickering but there's still no site that I'd rather come to, to talk Devils hockey.  

• Like 2

Just now, Chuck the Duck said:

Totally makes sense to have Holtz on the 4th line playing 6 mins a game rather than in Utica where he is on the first line, getting PP1 time, and getting 18 minutes a night.  If he isn't playing top 6, he should not be playing in the NHL.  Let him develop in the minors and have Zetterlund play RW on that line.

Idk he kind of tore the AHL up last year (basically a PPG). Im not really sure how much more he’d benefit from another season down there. 

1 minute ago, Chuck the Duck said:

I suspect that's where he's headed (back to Utica).  He's kind of in that rock/hard place moment...he can obviously produce in the AHL, but playing 4th line minutes (especially when he's not a future 4th-liner nor has that kind of skillset) isn't going to do him much good either.

Check out these numbers so far, as far as shot differentials go:

Game 1:  +12

Game 2:  +17

Game 3:  +21

Game 4:  +26 (?!) 

I don't know what it means, but this might be a team record, as far as a shot differential goes over four games.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Check out these numbers so far, as far as shot differentials go:

Game 1:  +12

Game 2:  +17

Game 3:  +21

Game 4:  +26 (?!) 

I don't know what it means, but this might be a team record, as far as a shot differential goes over four games.  

Andrew Brunette effect. 

• Like 3

I know it's crazy talk...  but it's almost like it was a young team with new systems, players and coaches... and that they are gradually learning to play the system better , built chemistry and all that crazy stuff. Basically slowly getting better each games learning from their mistakes.

Its never been seen or heard of before obviously i know but what if that's what's happening and that we're blessed for witnessing it. An absolute historical moment in hockey history :P

• Haha 1

Hope that’s what’s happening.  We’ll see.  Always hopeful.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

I know it's crazy talk...  but it's almost like it was a young team with new systems, players and coaches... and that they are gradually learning to play the system better , built chemistry and all that crazy stuff. Basically slowly getting better each games learning from their mistakes.

Its never been seen or heard of before obviously i know but what if that's what's happening and that we're blessed for witnessing it. An absolute historical moment in hockey history :P

I think they finally tuned out Lindy and listened to Brunette. They seemed way less lost all of a sudden. 

And before I get a 5 paragraph response, I'm mostly joking. I do think the new coaches are helping break down some old bad habits though. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

I think they finally tuned out Lindy and listened to Brunette. They seemed way less lost all of a sudden. 

And before I get a 5 paragraph response, I'm mostly joking. I do think the new coaches are helping break down some old bad habits though. 

Yeah does look like the new assistants are starting to show their worth.  Of course we are still in minuscule sample territory.  Going to the game against the Avs on 10/28…will be interesting to see how the Devils fare against a top team.  Good early measuring-stick kind of matchup.

Just now, Puckbuster said:

I just ordered my tickets for the December 28th game against the Bruins!  I’m so excited!  First row mezzanine center ice!  Great view of the entire ice!

Hanging sat there multiple times, I concur, those are great seats! Enjoy!

• Like 2

Just now, mfitz804 said:

Hanging sat there multiple times, I concur, those are great seats! Enjoy!

Thank you, I will!  I live in mass and it’s worth the trip to the rock.  Tickets to watch them at TD Garden are ridiculous.  It would cost twice as much for comparable seats.  I still have money left over for a new jersey for my daughter, gas, hotel, food for two days when considering the cost for 4 tickets here.

• Like 1