Your New Jersey Devils Regular Season Thread: 2022-2023 Edition

Crisis

22 minutes ago, EdgeControl said:

sorry, how effective they are vs what you were told  is complete bullsh!t.. it did vey little to stop the spread and the natural immunity built up when having it is higher than the vax. thats NIH fact// go look it up     i dont want DM baning us lol

Again, I think you missed my point. I don’t care about that part. The point is, Bertuzzi and Blackwood and whomever could easily have taken it and been available to their team. “Natural immunity is better” doesn’t play into it at all, because natural immunity wouldn’t have allowed them to play in Canada. The medicine behind it and whether it was correct to require vaccines isn’t the point, the point is they were required, and anyone who didn’t receive it was essentially not fully available for their team. 

At the end of the day, Blackwood had his by the time he needed it, and the whole thing was a non-issue. I don’t think that is the case with Bertuzzi. 

2 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Again, I think you missed my point. I don’t care about that part. The point is, Bertuzzi and Blackwood and whomever could easily have taken it and been available to their team. “Natural immunity is better” doesn’t play into it at all, because natural immunity wouldn’t have allowed them to play in Canada. The medicine behind it and whether it was correct to require vaccines isn’t the point, the point is they were required, and anyone who didn’t receive it was essentially not fully available for their team. 

At the end of the day, Blackwood had his by the time he needed it, and the whole thing was a non-issue. I don’t think that is the case with Bertuzzi. 

yes I did  I was going to post that Im argueing a different topic...  my apology fitz  

Edited by EdgeControl
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:
Haula on Jack's wing is a hill Lindy is going to die on.

Jack:  "I really support Lindy, really wanted him to stay!"

Lindy:  "You're welcome buddy, now let me continue to force something upon you that ain't working, game after game after game!"  

1 minute ago, Bonginator11 said:

I have zero confidence in the 3rd line to do anything positive

Well that makes all of us.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, EdgeControl said:

so dont make a snide response and then back off... but I do apology for bringing it up..  any how dont trust the government ,, either side  theyre both dirty

didn’t get to see my crazy uncle who thinks the electromagnetic field from his microwave causes autism this christmas. really appreciate you filling his shoes for me.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, EdgeControl said:

What do you think the over under is for SOG from that third line tonight? 2.5?

I’d say 4.5.  Doesn’t mean they’ll all be high-quality though. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I’d say 4.5.  Doesn’t mean they’ll all be high-quality though. 

I would take the over, if someone gave me 50 to 1 odds…

1 minute ago, Bonginator11 said:

Pretty much has to happen. 

2 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Just as easily as if it was a date with @MB3’s mom. Lmao gottem. 

hahahah get it bc my mom is a ho 

Just now, devlman said:

Not only scores but in OT. Absolute guarantee.

our 3rd line tonight will do nothing as usual.

i’ll settle for a point tonight 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

You can write it down that he’ll score.

𝓗𝑒'𝓁𝓁 𝓈𝒸𝑜𝓇𝑒!

(That's me attempting to simulate cursive handwriting and sucking mightily at it)

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, EdgeControl said:

MVP player 

“Most Valuable Player Player”. 

I think he is too far down the scoring leader board to actually be considered, plus McDavid could end up with 150 points, but it would be hard to argue anyone is more valuable to their team than Jack is. 

Edited by mfitz804
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

“Most Valuable Player Player”. 

I think he is too far down the scoring leader board to actually be considered, plus McDavid could end up with 150 points, but it would be hard to argue anyone is more valuable to their team than Jack is. 

Yeah, and that’s what WAR really focuses on. Obviously McDavid is the best player, but the Oilers have another All World player in Draisaitl right behind him. And they have 4 guys over a PPG right now. We have one. 

Just now, Nicomo said:

Yeah, and that’s what WAR really focuses on. Obviously McDavid is the best player, but the Oilers have another All World player in Draisaitl right behind him. And they have 4 guys over a PPG right now. We have one. 

How many of those guys are PPG because of McDavid? I mean, the guy has 72 points in 37 games, his linemates obviously benefit greatly from that.