Your New Jersey Devils Regular Season Thread: 2022-2023 Edition

Crisis

7 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Once again, I reiterate, that is more of an issue of how thin our roster is. He plays top six minutes out of necessity, while our bottom six is filled with guys who are fourth liners at best, or perhaps belong in the AHL or Europe.

Which of my comments in this exchange could you possibly misconstrue as saying the problem lies ANYWHERE other than the shoulders of our GM for his inability to add a top-line winger?

5 minutes ago, MB3 said:

Which of my comments in this exchange could you possibly misconstrue as saying the problem lies ANYWHERE other than the shoulders of our GM for his inability to add a top-line winger?

in this exchange? I don’t think any. In your multiple other posts where you talk about how he is not an NHL player that doesn’t belong in the league, etc., all over the place. Am I limited to just discussing what’s in this thread, and I’m supposed to ignore all of the other things that I know you have said about him?

am I only allowed to talk about the things in this thread, because you think that’s the only things I should talk about?

3DFB4E23-8247-40A0-966F-B1E22EFC3E55.gif

Edited by mfitz804

39 minutes ago, MB3 said:

the first thing just isn’t true. in his interview it became obvious he was going to the highest bidder. paraphrasing, but he said “new jersey had the highest offer, they were the team i was likely going to go to, but jarmo called my agent and said “if we can offer X would he consider columbus” and we said yes, so we went there.” the chiclets guys asked him if he took less to go to Columbus, and he flat out said “no”.

fitz drew a line in the sand and assumed/expected gaudreau would take their offer as it was the highest on the table. he assumed wrong, and gaudreau went to Columbus. 

I don’t mind that Fitz drew a line in the sand.  Based on Gaudreau’s prior two seasons (before last year), I don’t think you just keep outbidding and outbidding…sometimes you decide to walk away when you’ve reached your top offer.  Who knows what would’ve happened had he come here, but if he had the same 11 goals as a Devil as he does with the Jackets, would you be happy with that?  

Gaudreau decided to take the highest offer, as is his right, and he’s now kissing at least one of his remaining prime years goodbye as a result, when he could have been playing along one of two terrific young centers, with more young pieces on the way.  Guess leaving a little on the table to have a better chance of winning something was less important to him than making as much as possible.  Again, that’s his right.  But outside of bigger paychecks, sure ain’t paying off for him.

35 minutes ago, MB3 said:

It's not that easy to do when you have no cap space to play with and not that much NHL depth to give you flexibility

2 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I don’t mind that Fitz drew a line in the sand.  Based on Gaudreau’s prior two seasons (before last year), I don’t think you just keep outbidding and outbidding…sometimes you decide to walk away when you’ve reached your top offer.  Who knows what would’ve happened had he come here, but if he had the same 11 goals as a Devil as he does with the Jackets, would you be happy with that?  

Gaudreau decided to take the highest offer, as is his right, and he’s now kissing at least one of his remaining prime years goodbye as a result, when he could have been playing along one of two terrific young centers, with more young pieces on the way.  Guess leaving a little on the table to have a better chance of winning something was less important to him than making as much as possible.  Again, that’s his right.  But outside of bigger paychecks, sure ain’t paying off for him.

Are you asking if I'd be happy with a winger scoring 38 points in 39 games on Jack's wing instead of Eric Haula? Or on Nico's wing instead of Tomas Tatar? 

Because, uh, ya. How bout you? 

2 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

It's not that easy to do when you have no cap space to play with and not that much NHL depth to give you flexibility

If the Devils didn't sign Palat ($6m) or pay this weird corpse of Miles Wood $3.2m they could've easily made it work. 

Or attach a 3rd to Johnsson to move him without paying his cap. Or attach a 3rd to Tatar to move him to any number of bottom-feeder teams.  

17 minutes ago, MB3 said:

engage in any debate with mfitz on njdevs without him being randomly abrasive challenge [impossible]. 

i didn’t even quote you, you weirdo lol 

So I’m only allowed to respond when you quote me? Is that how it’s supposed to work?

How does that reconcile with the fact that you were “engaging in debate with mfitz”? How could it be both that you were engaging in a debate with me but also I’m a weirdo for responding when you didn’t directly quote me? 

You really are king of the fvcking gatekeepers lol. 

11 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

So I’m only allowed to respond when you quote me? Is that how it’s supposed to work?

How does that reconcile with the fact that you were “engaging in debate with mfitz”? How could it be both that you were engaging in a debate with me but also I’m a weirdo for responding when you didn’t directly quote me? 

You really are king of the fvcking gatekeepers lol. 

When did I say you're "not allowed to respond"? Do you need the definition of gatekeeping? SD saying "you can't call yourself a devils fan if you call for the Devils to fire their coach 2 games into the season" is gatekeeping. But that's somehow become the biggest buzzword in the world to you and your totally-not-pay-for-friendship homie. 

I made a general comment and you replied obviously taking it personally by starting your reply mimicking me. That's a weird strategy for someone who has any interest in actually talking about hockey, for once. 

Edited by MB3

1 minute ago, MB3 said:

When did I say you're "not allowed to respond"? Do you need the definition of gatekeeping? SD saying "you can't call yourself a devils fan if you call for the Devils to fire their coach 2 games into the season" is gatekeeping. But that's somehow became the biggest buzzword in the world to you and your totally-not-pay-for-friendship homie. 

You being annoyed that I replied to a post when you didn’t quote me (but were talking about exactly what I was talking about) is gatekeeping as far as I’m concerned. I don’t need the definition of gatekeeping, it’s a got a picture of Zacha in Mickey Mouse ears right next to it. 

And out of curiosity, does SD pay me to be his “homie” (I’m a middle aged white man, I’m not sure I have homies), or am I supposed to pay him? I’m just curious because I haven’t gotten any checks. (Mom joke inserted here but removed because the moment wasn’t right for a mom joke). 

5 minutes ago, MB3 said:

I made a general comment and you replied obviously taking it personally by starting your reply mimicking me. That's a weird strategy for someone who has any interest in actually talking about hockey, for once. 

You made a general comment stating something directly on point to something I had said. I honestly didn’t notice that you used the word reiterate, as I was driving at the time and only half read your post. I wasn’t trying to mimick you, we’re just both smart and use big words I guess. 

And I talk about hockey all the time. The d!ck jokes and ur mom are also here for your entertainment, but if you honestly believe that I don’t talk about hockey, you read my posts less than your “homie” who has me blocked. 

7 minutes ago, MB3 said:

When did I say you're "not allowed to respond"? Do you need the definition of gatekeeping? SD saying "you can't call yourself a devils fan if you call for the Devils to fire their coach 2 games into the season" is gatekeeping. But that's somehow become the biggest buzzword in the world to you and your totally-not-pay-for-friendship homie. 

This is actually fascinating lol

First... you're asking someone "When did I say you're "not allowed to respond"?" which i asked you a thousand times when you accuse me of gatekeeping (when im not at all) and you always evade answering it cause well, it never happened lol 

Secondly you literally make sh!t up with that quote that i never actually said as an example of what gatekeeping is lol You're something else. 

#fakenews

1 minute ago, SterioDesign said:

First... you're asking someone "When did I say you're "not allowed to respond"?" which i asked you a thousand times when you accuse me of gatekeeping (when im not at all) and you always evade answering it cause well, it never happened lol 

Secondly you literally make sh!t up with that quote that i never actually said as an example of what gatekeeping is lol You're something else. 

#fakenews

hahaha this feels like trying to convince a hamster he isn't a hamster. Just because you don't understand me doesn't mean it's untrue! Go back to your wheel! 

I'm not making sh!t up. You said something along those lines. I have better things to do (like mfitz mom lmao gottem) than search your history to find examples of you being a weirdo. I took an educated guess. It's like -- I've never actually seen you have dorito-fingers and I've got no way to prove that you've never seen a naked woman who's unrelated to you, it's just an educated guess that's probably pretty spot on. 

5 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

#fakenews

Stop responding, he didn’t quote you, and focus on getting me my payment on time! And I mean American dollars, none of that weird colored maple syrup scented funny money. 

1 minute ago, MB3 said:

I have better things to do (like mfitz mom lmao gottem) 

I agree, my mom definitely has better things to do. 

LMK if it was ok to respond to this because you mentioned me, but didn’t directly quote me. I’m unsure. Like ur mom is about who your dad is. LMAO gottem. 

Edited by mfitz804

Just now, MB3 said:

hahaha this feels like trying to convince a hamster he isn't a hamster. Just because you don't understand me doesn't mean it's untrue! Go back to your wheel! 

I'm not making sh!t up. You said something along those lines. I have better things to do (like mfitz mom lmao gottem) than search your history to find examples of you being a weirdo. I took an educated guess. It's like -- I've never actually seen you have dorito-fingers and I've got no way to prove that you've never seen a naked woman who's unrelated to you, it's just an educated guess that's probably pretty spot on. 

I mean lol Trust me i'm the wall feeling like im talking to a wall.

I honestly must have explained 30+ times (not even exagerating) that me saying that someone calling for a coach to be fired 2 games into the season or something along those lines is "dumb". Which is what i actually said. Is NOT in any shape or form gatekeeping, it's not telling anyone how to feel, its not telling anyone what to do, it does not have any authority on anything, it's just giving my opinion or saying that something is dumb to me. Which you also do routinely so you should know how that works.

Yet, you constantly keep on claiming that i'm telling people how to feel. And every single time that i call you out on it and explained what i just explained AGAIN. You ignore it like a coward, just to start over the next day.

But again, that's what people do when they have no argument to make. They just use some buzzwords to try to discard someone else's opinion

7 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Stop responding, he didn’t quote you, and focus on getting me my payment on time! And I mean American dollars, none of that weird colored maple syrup scented funny money. 

Hopefully we get a better return on that investment than him who tried to buy protection on here to DM god knows how many times and STILL got banned in the end lol 

15 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

And out of curiosity, does SD pay me to be his “homie” (I’m a middle aged white man, I’m not sure I have homies), or am I supposed to pay him? I’m just curious because I haven’t gotten any checks. (Mom joke inserted here but removed because the moment wasn’t right for a mom joke). 

You made a general comment stating something directly on point to something I had said. I honestly didn’t notice that you used the word reiterate, as I was driving at the time and only half read your post. I wasn’t trying to mimick you, we’re just both smart and use big words I guess. 

And I talk about hockey all the time. The d!ck jokes and ur mom are also here for your entertainment, but if you honestly believe that I don’t talk about hockey, you read my posts less than your “homie” who has me blocked. 

All of a sudden you just started defending him even in his most bizarre, indefensible rabbit holes. Half a dozen other people have commented on it.

I'm not sure if it's because he's paying you in maple syrup or if it's because he reminds you of your entire childhood spent crying in the bathroom because 'everyone else is a bully! it's not me, it's them!' but whatever it is, it's weird. 

happy for u guys tho 

Just now, MB3 said:

All of a sudden you just started defending him even in his most bizarre, indefensible rabbit holes. Half a dozen other people have commented on it.

I'm not sure if it's because he's paying you in maple syrup or if it's because he reminds you of your entire childhood spent crying in the bathroom because 'everyone else is a bully! it's not me, it's them!' but whatever it is, it's weird. 

happy for u guys tho 

Only dude in the world who would be mad about other people being nice to each other lol. 

It’s not even true, I had an extensive disagreement with him on some topic or another very recently. But we talked about the actual topic rather than talking about each others moms, telling each other what we could or could not say, nobody got insulted or called a virgin, nobody’s childhood was talked about, etc. 

Literally the only person who pulls that sh!t here is you, my man. 

6 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

I mean lol Trust me i'm the wall feeling like im talking to a wall.

I honestly must have explained 30+ times (not even exagerating) that me saying that someone calling for a coach to be fired 2 games into the season or something along those lines is "dumb". Which is what i actually said. Is NOT in any shape or form gatekeeping, it's not telling anyone how to feel, its not telling anyone what to do, it does not have any authority on anything, it's just giving my opinion or saying that something is dumb to me. Which you also do routinely so you should know how that works.

Yet, you constantly keep on claiming that i'm telling people how to feel. And every single time that i call you out on it and explained what i just explained AGAIN. You ignore it like a coward, just to start over the next day.

But again, that's what people do when they have no argument to make. They just use some buzzwords to try to discard someone else's opinion

As I think even your own attorney has explained to you, just because you don't understand things doesn't mean people haven't explained them to you. 

My favorite part of this post is that SmoothBrain over here can't even formulate his own thoughts. I say "it's like talking to a hamster!" you reply "it's like talking to a wall!". I say "you just use buzzwords", you say "you just use buzzwords". 

Just now, mfitz804 said:

Literally the only person who pulls that sh!t here is you, my man. 

if you believe that's true it's both sad and frightening. 

6 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Hopefully we get a better return on that investment than him who tried to buy protection on here to DM god knows how many times and STILL got banned in the end lol 

Me donating money to keep my favorite forum alive isn't "buying protection". It's "not being a broke ass little bitch." 

Eager to get more investment tips from a guy who makes logos for a living tho hahahaha. 

2 minutes ago, MB3 said:

I say "it's like talking to a hamster!" you reply "it's like talking to a wall!". 

At the risk of breaking the rules by replying to something that didn’t quote me, it makes a lot more sense to talk to a hamster, which is alive, than to a wall, which is not. I’m not saying a hamster is as responsive as a dog, but still. 

4 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

At the risk of breaking the rules by replying to something that didn’t quote me, it makes a lot more sense to talk to a hamster, which is alive, than to a wall, which is not. I’m not saying a hamster is as responsive as a dog, but still. 

It's more like arguing with my 6 year old nephew about why he can't have a full frozen pizza as a snack at 3pm on a tuesday. You want to say "BECAUSE FVCKING COMMON SENSE, THATS WHY" but then he'll cry and say you didn't explain it well enough. 

5 minutes ago, MB3 said:

As I think even your own attorney has explained to you, just because you don't understand things doesn't mean people haven't explained them to you. 

My favorite part of this post is that SmoothBrain over here can't even formulate his own thoughts. I say "it's like talking to a hamster!" you reply "it's like talking to a wall!". I say "you just use buzzwords", you say "you just use buzzwords". 

How about you actually address what im saying though instead of escaping it once again? You keep accusing me of something yet when i confront you about it you turtle like a coward.

I'll ask straight up again.

Do you understand that there's a huge difference between someone giving his personal opinion saying that a claim or reaction is "dumb". 

Is NOT in any shape or form controlling, limiting or not allowing that person to make that claim. It's simply giving your opinion about it.

It's a simple question man. Do you understand this very basic notion?