Your New Jersey Devils Regular Season Thread: 2022-2023 Edition

Crisis

18 minutes ago, Guadana said:

1673446642663.png

When Haula in the ice - 60%+ of goals positive difference. "GuY cAn`T dO nOtHiNg!". May be someone should make dirty work to help other player to score. Even without scoring.

Most of those minutes have come with Hughes, who’s clearly become a “is going to put up some numbers no matter who he’s stuck with” kind of player.  If Haula could EVER finish the chances Jack creates for him, that percentage would be even better.  Take him off Jack’s line and that percentage will drop in time.

19 minutes ago, Guadana said:

1673446642663.png

When Haula in the ice - 60%+ of goals positive difference. "GuY cAn`T dO nOtHiNg!". May be someone should make dirty work to help other player to score. Even without scoring.

lmao what absolute horrendous logic. the 2 “best” haula lines that have a 100% GF are for a whopping total of 4 goals. The line he’s currently on is Hughes’ third best GF% pairing, and you think that points to Haula being a positive contributor?? 

26 minutes ago, MB3 said:

lmao what absolute horrendous logic. the 2 “best” haula lines that have a 100% GF are for a whopping total of 4 goals. The line he’s currently on is Hughes’ third best GF% pairing, and you think that points to Haula being a positive contributor?? 

lmao is the way of thinking that remove Haula from Jack line will make Jack life easier. Why they didn`t do that before? You are sitting there and smart enough to understand that, but they don`t? I'm sure they continue to act like this just to annoy really smart people. 

I think I have eyes to see how Jack`s line is working with and without Haula and how much work Jack should to carry the line by his own.  So yeah, I think Haula is positive contributor for Jack, like Jack is a positive contributor for Haula of course, because he is Jack Hughes. 

And we are talking about goals for only. Shot stat and situation stat could bring much more space for situation, but I don't see the point of loading.

Edited by Guadana

1 minute ago, Guadana said:

lmao is the way of thinking that remove Haula from Jack line will make Jack life easier. Why they didn`t do that before? You are sitting there and smart enough to understand that, but they don`t? I'm sure they continue to act like this just to annoy really smart people. 

I think I have eyes to see how Jack`s line is working with and without Haula and how much work Jack should to carry the line by his own.  So yeah, I think Haula is positive contributor for Jack, like Jack is a positive contributor for Haula of course, because he is Jack Hughes. 

And we are talking about goals for only. Shot stat and situation stat could bring much more space for situation, but I don't see the point of loading.

So you presented a chart to mock all of the people here who think that Haula shouldn't be in the top-6, and in literally 15 minutes have switched your argument to "muh eye test!" and "the chart doesn't even show other things bro". 

You're bad at this. 

16 minutes ago, MB3 said:

So you presented a chart to mock all of the people here who think that Haula shouldn't be in the top-6, and in literally 15 minutes have switched your argument to "muh eye test!" and "the chart doesn't even show other things bro". 

You're bad at this. 

I gave you a chart that confirms the eye test. And explains what is happening. This is literally what statistics exist for.

I have an abstract question for you - how often do you go to a psychologist and what grades did you have in English and logic. Usually people with poorly developed speech and logical/logical way of thinking may well grow into an adequate personality, but they may experience some problems with consistent thinking. You are quite an emotional person, and you often get involved in disputes in which you are not only not well versed enough, but also cannot withstand discussions within the framework. Maybe it hurts your ego. And you have to be able to let go of such things. After all, it costs nothing, but in the end join people together. I noticed that you quite often participate in such obviously unsuccessful discussions for you, without having sufficient grounds for them. I think that a psychologist could help you with this for sure, at least it is part of their work, as far as I have heard.
I`m not tellin you are psycho, please don`t understand me this way, I`m tellin that some strange thing triggers you and you are starting act like you are acting in those conversation. As if this is a personal dispute, and not a conversation on an abstract topic.

Edited by Guadana

1 minute ago, Guadana said:

I gave you a chart that confirms the eye test. And explains what is happening. This is literally what statistics exist for.

You provided a chart that literally does the opposite. The sample size is ridiculously small, but even if we ignore that, your chart says:

1. Haula is best when he's not on Jack's line, and
  2. Hughes best lines are without Haula

You're still bad at this. 

(I'll ignore the weird rant at the end because it sounds like the homeless guy who lives at the corner of US1 near my office when he's shouting nonsense into the air to nobody in particular)

12 minutes ago, MB3 said:

You provided a chart that literally does the opposite. The sample size is ridiculously small, but even if we ignore that, your chart says:

1. Haula is best when he's not on Jack's line, and
  2. Hughes best lines are without Haula

You're still bad at this. 

(I'll ignore the weird rant at the end because it sounds like the homeless guy who lives at the corner of US1 near my office when he's shouting nonsense into the air to nobody in particular)

Sample size is 40 games - that`s all we have, Jack is playing well with Haula. If you want shot\situation stat you can check https://www.naturalstattrick.com/teamreport.php?team=N.J
That will help you to see how lines act. Please don`t fiorget about ice time - lines with a couple of minutes doesn`t bring a lot in full picture. Good luck. Hope, you will start to recognize something and don`t be the guy who is always trying to argue and be the douche of the world like every conversation should end like a rap battle. 
Let's admit that discussion of a homeless crazy and evil rapper with a small ego\dick is not the best picture to watch from the side for other readers. Good luck.

Edited by Guadana

FWIW Dawson's put up 6 G and 11 A over his last 23 GP, somewhat quietly (with the exception of last night, which was anything but quiet).  Included in that stretch is a 7-game pointless streak, but hopefully he'll start to find more consistency.

BTW over the 23 games, the Devils were 8-1-2 in the games where he had at least one point, and 3-8-1 when he didn't.  So yeah, would be awesome if he finds a way to keep this up.  

23 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

FWIW Dawson's put up 6 G and 11 A over his last 23 GP, somewhat quietly (with the exception of last night, which was anything but quiet).  Included in that stretch is a 7-game pointless streak, but hopefully he'll start to find more consistency.

BTW over the 23 games, the Devils were 8-1-2 in the games where he had at least one point, and 3-8-1 when he didn't.  So yeah, would be awesome if he finds a way to keep this up.  

It`s harder to win without secondary scoring. Especially against stronger("slower") teams, that were faced by the devils in december.

9 minutes ago, Guadana said:

It`s harder to win without secondary scoring. Especially against stronger("slower") teams, that were faced by the devils in december.

Yeah many of us have brought that up.  The Devils sometimes are too reliant on Jack-Nico-Bratt for goals.  Hurts that much more that Sharangovich, Tatar and of course Haula simply don’t find the net enough.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Guadana said:

I have an abstract question for you - how often do you go to a psychologist 

I think we all know that the answer to that is "nowhere near enough". 

1 hour ago, Guadana said:

like every conversation should end like a rap battle. 

Am I wrong or is this a REALLY good idea...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Yeah many of us have brought that up.  The Devils sometimes are too reliant on Jack-Nico-Bratt for goals.  Hurts that much more that Sharangovich, Tatar and of course Haula simply don’t find the net enough.

Should  be great when Mercer will be ready enough to play regular top-6 role, but, like I said, someone should make a dirty work. Sharangovich is very streaky and his 10 goals as bottom player for 40 games is good result. I think when he will be on again, it will help to win games easily. And of course if Devils as organisation wants to win more against better teams, they should find better players for Nico and Jack who can make dirty work and score goals on more consistent basis. I think Mercer has big potential for that(I`m not a fan of his positional play, but I think may be even in his borders he can be good contributor on Nico line, may be he will be better player without the puck with time and will play strong on the Jack`s wing regulary), other than that... Gritsyuk is a scorer, but he is offensive first player, Holtz is a good shooter\passer, but his game without the puck, especially defensive game is bad in the moment of time. Foote isn`t fast enough to play Ruff`s game as top-6 F, Thompson? I think injuries ruined his development. Fitz still has something to work on(and don`t have 'insurance" center), but it`s great to see succesful team. Vegas missed playoff because of injuries of best players last year, Colorado has the same problem this year, I don`t how bad their situation is, may be they will figure it out. 

4 hours ago, Rob_Ottawa said:

Was surprised Fitz didn't grab his son off waivers. That must be really hard to put business first over your own son. I mean, he could have at least played in Utica for us. I guess Florida had first pick over us so maybe he would have taken him.

Florida is significantly below us in the standings, wouldn’t have been shocked if Fitz claimed him, but it never got to us.

that being said, was hoping he wouldn’t just grab his son 

4 hours ago, Rob_Ottawa said:

Was surprised Fitz didn't grab his son off waivers. That must be really hard to put business first over your own son. I mean, he could have at least played in Utica for us. I guess Florida had first pick over us so maybe he would have taken him.

That is kinda messed up, like “Dad, I just lost my job, what am I gonna do?”

”I guess you have to go find another one”, knowing full well he could have provided said job. 

But, good on him for not buckling and realizing his kid kinda sucks at hockey. 

16 hours ago, Guadana said:

I have an abstract question for you - how often do you go to a psychologist and what grades did you have in English and logic. Usually people with poorly developed speech and logical/logical way of thinking may well grow into an adequate personality, but they may experience some problems with consistent thinking. You are quite an emotional person, and you often get involved in disputes in which you are not only not well versed enough, but also cannot withstand discussions within the framework. Maybe it hurts your ego. And you have to be able to let go of such things. After all, it costs nothing, but in the end join people together. I noticed that you quite often participate in such obviously unsuccessful discussions for you, without having sufficient grounds for them. I think that a psychologist could help you with this for sure, at least it is part of their work, as far as I have heard.
I`m not tellin you are psycho, please don`t understand me this way, I`m tellin that some strange thing triggers you and you are starting act like you are acting in those conversation. As if this is a personal dispute, and not a conversation on an abstract topic.

I disagree with you about Haula but i do agree with you about MB3 lol 

• Like 1

Figure everyone could use a chuckle on a dreary day:

Mike McLeod:  41 GP, 4 G, 14 A, 18 Pts

Alexis Lafailiere:  41 GP, 5 G, 13 A, 18 Pts

Kaapo Kakko:  42 GP, 9 G, 9 A, 18 Pts

• Like 5