Your New Jersey Devils Regular Season Thread: 2022-2023 Edition

Crisis

58 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

I want this but like wtf would I really do with it since it would be a pain in the ass to drive anywhere and not worry about it and the signatures all over would drive me nuts lol...

Wonder what insurance company would cover it 😉

Nice Dougie.  Only the third defenseman in franchise history to reach 20…Rob Ramage (20) and Barry Beck (22) reached it as Rockies.  

• Like 1

On 4/2/2023 at 10:18 AM, Nicomo said:

Bratt should join this group any day...one goal or assist gets him there.

Dawson has a shot at 30 G and/or 60 points...even if he reaches neither, still a hell of a season for him.  And a fine two-year start to his career.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bonginator11 said:

Wouldn't mind seeing him get a look in the season's final two games, but not sure who would come out for him.  

Hamilton/Siegs/Marino/Graves - no way.  None of them are perfect, but all have strong points and experience, and I wouldn't even try to make a case for any of them deserving to sit for a kid just coming out of college, because it's not there to be made.

Seves/Bahl/Smith - I think Bahl's doing a solid job carving out a niche for himself as a 6th/7th guy, even if he doesn't use his size as much as we'd like; he's played in 38 games this season and has clearly earned more and more games as he's improved and settled in.  Smith is...not good.  It's kinda easy to assume that the guy that probably makes the most sense to take out for Luke would be Seves...but not sure Lindy & Co would be so ballsy.  I'm obviously not a Seves fan and his WTF?! moments still happen often enough that they're impossible to ignore, but the guy has quietly put up 24 points in his last 41 GP and is getting well over 20 minutes ATOI over that stretch.  Can't see the Devils just saying "Have a seat Damon!" right now...he seems to have re-gained their trust as this season has worn on.

Guess maybe we get a couple of 11/7 games, if the Devils really want to get a look at him.  The only other option would be to purposely hold Hamilton out in the season's final game, to avoid him potentially getting hurt before the playoffs.  

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

38 minutes ago, Bonginator11 said:

I have a feeling just having Luke here will give Jack a boost

I totally agree. Wonder what wagers among 2 brothers vs 1 brother will be since Jack and Quinn have been known to bet when they have games against each other. 🤔 

Timo with 8 G and 4 A over his last 13 GP.  Feels like he’s really settling in now.

• Like 5

With 3 games left some records/milestones still in play:

Jack - currently at 95 points. Needs 2 more to break Patty’s franchise record, 5 more for 100

Dougie - currently has 73 points. Needs 6 more to break Stevens record 

Nico - currently at 77 points. Needs 3 more for an 80 point season 

Mercer - currently at 27 goals, 55 points. Needs 3 goals, 5 points for a 30/60 season 

Bratt - currently at 70 points. Needs 4 more for a new career high 

Timo - currently at 65 points. 5 more for his first career 70 point season 

Edited by Nicomo
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Nicomo said:

With 3 games left some records/milestones still in play:

Jack - currently at 95 points. Needs 2 more to break Patty’s franchise record, 5 more for 100

Dougie - currently has 73 points. Needs 6 more to break Stevens record 

Nico - currently at 77 points. Needs 3 more for an 80 point season 

Mercer - currently at 27 goals, 55 points. Needs 3 goals, 5 points for a 30/60 season 

Bratt - currently at 69 points. Needs one more for a 70 point season, 5 more for a new career high 

Timo - currently at 65 points. 5 more for his first career 70 point season 

Bratt reached 70 points during the win against the BJs…he notched an assist.  Now has 31 G and 39 A in 79 GP.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Bratt reached 70 points during the win against the BJs…he notched an assist.  Now has 31 G and 39 A in 79 GP.

Ah ok. I guess the page I was looking at wasn’t updated yet. So 4 more points to best his career high from last season. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pumpkin cutter said:

what do we do with luke? I think we give him a few games. i am not expecting him for the playoffs, but i am ok with being wrong on that. 

I’d give him a game or two and be a fill in for playoffs if he does well.

also, with the outburst last night, we’re the only team other than Boston with +60 goal differential. It’s awesome to be on that side of 0

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, jagknife said:

also, with the outburst last night, we’re the only team other than Boston with +60 goal differential. It’s awesome to be on that side of 0

When the team plays to their potential they’re definitely contenders. Lot of learning curves for the players. I’m excited regardless of the outcome just to see what they do/learn from the playoffs. It’s about time. 

as for whom I’d like to face.  Rags hands down. 

35 minutes ago, pumpkin cutter said:

what do we do with luke? I think we give him a few games. i am not expecting him for the playoffs, but i am ok with being wrong on that. 

33 minutes ago, jagknife said:

Read my post on this from yesterday.  I’m all for getting a look at him but not sure who comes out of the lineup so that he can play.  Probably will have to be an 11/7 kind of situation.  

Other than how much Luke will actually play in these last few games (I doubt he gets in at all vs BOS) I’m curious how they’ll handle the jersey situation? Both of them just go with Hughes and their respective #’s (Luke taking 43?), or J. Hughes & L. Hughes? I’ve seen both in the NHL over the years. 

Edited by Nicomo