Jump to content

Your New Jersey Devils Regular Season Thread: 2022-2023 Edition


Crisis
 Share

Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, devlman said:

Which is still evidence of a good attitude.

You’re easily fooled if you believe that. He could be a total a$$hole and still say the right things in front of the media. 

Some of you guys buy into what people say too hard. Like all the guys who pointed out when Hall said he likes New Jersey. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

You’re easily fooled if you believe that. He could be a total a$$hole and still say the right things in front of the media. 

Some of you guys buy into what people say too hard. Like all the guys who pointed out when Hall said he likes New Jersey. 

Not everyone is dishonest. Some players might just actually be genuine people and a lot of us take them at their word until there is reason not too. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Devil Dan 56 said:

Not everyone is dishonest. Some players might just actually be genuine people and a lot of us take them at their word until there is reason not too. 

He might be. Or he might not. That’s exactly my point, all you know if he said what he is supposed to say. Trying to make that into “he has such a great attitude” is wishful thinking based upon what that player chose to portray with a camera on him or a microphone in front of his face. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

You’re easily fooled if you believe that. He could be a total a$$hole and still say the right things in front of the media. 

Some of you guys buy into what people say too hard. Like all the guys who pointed out when Hall said he likes New Jersey. 

Whether he means it or not isn’t the point. Just saying it to placate the fans, team, whoever is a good attitude trait. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, devlman said:

Whether he means it or not isn’t the point. Just saying it to placate the fans, team, whoever is a good attitude trait. 

Where is my man @SterioDesign at, I’m gonna do a girlfriend analogy. 

If you tell your girlfriend you only have eyes for her, and then you go to work and plow your co-worker in the restroom every day, is telling your girlfriend that you only have eyes for her a good attitude trait? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

Where is my man @SterioDesign at, I’m gonna do a girlfriend analogy. 

If you tell your girlfriend you only have eyes for her, and then you go to work and plow your co-worker in the restroom every day, is telling your girlfriend that you only have eyes for her a good attitude trait? 

Girlfriend analogies are the telltale sign you've got nothing left lol

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I mean if you are going to believe everything you hear, there isn’t much further to go. 

The problem with your analogy is that the comment in the scenario is followed by a disingenuous action. So unless Nemec now decides to reject his assignment and says fvck y’all I’m going back home, then the analogy doesn’t compare.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, devlman said:

The problem with your analogy is that the comment in the scenario is followed by a disingenuous action. So unless Nemec now decides to reject his assignment and says fvck y’all I’m going back home, then the analogy doesn’t compare.

Maybe he’ll play in Utica for months and hate every single moment of it but always say he’s enjoying it. That sneaky liar… 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bottom line. In 98% of cases.

Someone will say what they say. No matter what their actual intentions are. You will believe what you want to believe based on your personal feelings / narrative towards that person. That it's warranted or not.

The 2% usually use past patterns and history of said person to make an educated guess.

In this case we basically have no track record of Nemec so who knows. Personally since i haven't heard of anything negative about him from his past i'll just assume that he's genuine in what he's saying

 

Edited by SterioDesign
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, devlman said:

The problem with your analogy is that the comment in the scenario is followed by a disingenuous action. So unless Nemec now decides to reject his assignment and says fvck y’all I’m going back home, then the analogy doesn’t compare.

That’s exactly right. And you have no clue what his actions have been or will be, you just know he said what he is supposed to say. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Maybe he’ll play in Utica for months and hate every single moment of it but always say he’s enjoying it. That sneaky liar… 

He could. He could play the whole season in Utica and the entire time be thinking that management fvcked him over and that he is better than at least 3 of the D-men who made the team, but as long as he says “it’s best for me” when there is a reporter there, it’s all good. 

Edited by mfitz804
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

That’s exactly right. And you have no clue what his actions have been or will be, you just know he said what he is supposed to say. 

I’m pretty certain he’s not going to tell everyone to fvck off, so yeah I have an idea what his action will be.

10 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

All I said was I liked the kid’s attitude. I didnt mean to start a whole thing. 

How dare you…you don’t know his true intentions!

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, devlman said:

I’m pretty certain he’s not going to tell everyone to fvck off, so yeah I have an idea what his action will be.

That’s just because almost nobody does that. But is that the only way a guy can have a bad attitude? No, it’s not. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

That’s just because almost nobody does that. But is that the only way a guy can have a bad attitude? No, it’s not. 

Again, intent isn’t the point. Just saying the right thing is a sign of a good attitude. But I think we covered that already.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, devlman said:

Again, intent isn’t the point. Just saying the right thing is a sign of a good attitude. But I think we covered that already.

We did, including how that’s not true. But that’s fine. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

 

 

 

2 hours ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

I absolutely love this kids attitude. He didn’t get all mopey. He knows he’s the first call when an injury comes 

 

2 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

I mean sure, but isn’t he just saying what he’s expected to say?

Our last 1st round defenseman that didn’t make the team his 1st season (Ty Smith) certainly didn’t take it this well. I remember watching the video of Shero & Hynes telling him, and I believe his response was “I’m mad” when they asked him how he felt about it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Our last 1st round defenseman that didn’t make the team his 1st season (Ty Smith) certainly didn’t take it this well. I remember watching the video of Shero & Hynes telling him, and I believe his response was “I’m mad” when they asked him how he felt about it. 

And look where Ty is nowadays....AHL.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Our last 1st round defenseman that didn’t make the team his 1st season (Ty Smith) certainly didn’t take it this well. I remember watching the video of Shero & Hynes telling him, and I believe his response was “I’m mad” when they asked him how he felt about it. 

Did anyone ever watch a Ty Smith interview or anything he ever did and think he was smart and knew what to say? He seemed half brain damaged to me. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Remember that time Ian Cole said he wanted to bring leadership and have a positive impact on and off the ice in Carolina in that interview.

He said it. it's set in stone. He has an amazing attitude.

 

Now queue the usual suspect completely ignoring that my post was obviously tongue in cheek and make a big deal out of it. 

Edited by SterioDesign
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, MB3 said:

wouldn’t it be “cue”? 

if there’s only one suspect that’s not much of a queue. 

From the internet:

“Cue” has a variety of meanings, but all uses of “queue” relate to its original French meaning of “tail,” which becomes a metaphor for a line (beware, however: in French queue is also rude slang for the male sex organ).”

He may have been referring to you as a male sex organ, he does speak French lol. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.