Your New Jersey Devils Regular Season Thread: 2022-2023 Edition

Crisis

13 minutes ago, MB3 said:

kinda bananas that the Stars got Heiskanen, Oettinger and Robertson all in the same draft. Goes to show you that 1 draft really can change the course of a franchise. 

That was some good drafting, whoever that guy was deserves a bonus. 

1 hour ago, MB3 said:

kinda bananas that the Stars got Heiskanen, Oettinger and Robertson all in the same draft. Goes to show you that 1 draft really can change the course of a franchise. 

Not quite the same thing of course, but the Devils' top three picks in 2017 (Nico, Other Jesper, and Zetterlund) are all currently on the team and all playing regularly...and in Zetterlund's case, after a three-game cup of coffee in his first callup where he got very little ice time, he's since put up 17 points in 28 GP.  He's really on a mission to force his way into sticking around (and holding off Holtz).  

2 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Not quite the same thing of course, but the Devils' top three picks in 2017 (Nico, Other Jesper, and Zetterlund) are all currently on the team and all playing regularly...and in Zetterlund's case, after a three-game cup of coffee in his first callup where he got very little ice time, he's since put up 17 points in 28 GP.  He's really on a mission to force his way into sticking around (and holding off Holtz).  

He's been an incredible Palat replacement.  I think he's definitely earned the right to stay on the roster when Palat comes back.

I wonder what more it would take to rent Patrick Kane at the deadline.  Sharangovich + 1st + ?

1 hour ago, Nicomo said:
Is anyone else surprised to learn Graves is that big? I thought he was like 6’3 tops. 

I'm definitely not surprised at what two of the NHL's dumbest fanbases had to say.

It's OK Philly, keep thinking of yourselves as the Broad Street Bullies even though your team wore leisure suits when that actually applied...and keep churning out those 10-game losing streaks that your franchise has suddenly become so fond of.

And it's OK Ranger faithful, keep acting like you're the Yankees of the NHL...and instead of developing young talent from within, keep stocking up on high-priced UFAs that are in their late 20s when you get them...so you can dump them 3-4 years later when they start to decline.  Keep getting next to nothing out of your 1OA and 2OA picks.  One Cup since 1941...awesome!

14 minutes ago, MB3 said:

I’m at roughly 15 years. A modern miracle that I’ve been here for 15 years and only received a couple of death threats. The little things in life ❤️ 

Your time here shouldn’t be measured by the number of death threats received, but rather the number you’ve given. 

Me, I’m coming up on 10 years. I’m still glad I found this place. I wish I remember what it was I was looking for. 

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

Your time here shouldn’t be measured by the number of death threats received, but rather the number you’ve given. 

Me, I’m coming up on 10 years. I’m still glad I found this place. I wish I remember what it was I was looking for. 

It’s been 12 years for me. I honestly have no idea how I found this place but really glad I did.

3 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

I'm actually only at 9 years. Seems longer. That's because every moment with me feels liek an eternity, ask my wife. 

Just now, Devil Dan 56 said:

I hit 15 years over the summer. I have no idea where I talked about hockey between whenever AOL forums disappeared and I found this place, but I’m sure it was a few years that my family really didn’t enjoy. 

Definitely, my wife had already had about 19-20 years of me talking to her about hockey like she cared at that point lol. And most of my friends are football people, only a couple watch hockey and those who do are not really as into it. 

5 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Definitely, my wife had already had about 19-20 years of me talking to her about hockey like she cared at that point lol. And most of my friends are football people, only a couple watch hockey and those who do are not really as into it. 

I’m sure there are people in my past who were very happy the day I found somewhere else to discuss how soon Matt Corrente is leading our defense with Jeff Frazee patrolling the crease. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Jerrydevil said:

I'm not sure he's the right fit, as great as he is. But I could be wrong. Your offer should be plenty. 

I'm not sure it even takes that much.  He's as rental as it gets...of course, if you get the Blackhawks to eat some of his money, maybe that nets them a better return.

You're only getting Kane for 21 games + playoffs...one of those deals where you better be REALLY sure you can contend for a Cup in 2023.  Can't say it wouldn't be exciting to see the Devils proclaim "Yep, here we go, we are ready RIGHT fvckING NOOWWWWW!"  

• Like 1