Jump to content

Your New Jersey Devils Regular Season Thread: 2022-2023 Edition


Crisis
 Share

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

Wouldn't you want to use a heat gun and not a blowtorch? lol thats going to completely fvck up the blade

We always used a blowtorch back in the day. You just don't apply the fire directly to the wood, which is where I think he went wrong lol. Heat it, bend it, cool it. Done. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I once went on the tour of the Prudential center. Was talking to one of the equipment guys. He told me one of the players used the blow torch once on a composite blade.  Stunk up the arena something awful. Word came from above NOT to use blow torch on those type of blades. This was around the Jagr era I don't remember if it was him or not.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Rock said:

I once went on the tour of the Prudential center. Was talking to one of the equipment guys. He told me one of the players used the blow torch once on a composite blade.  Stunk up the arena something awful. Word came from above NOT to use blow torch on those type of blades. This was around the Jagr era I don't remember if it was him or not.

I was torching sticks in an era where you wither had a wood stick or an aluminum shaft with a wooden blade, so I cannot speak as to this. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

I was torching sticks in an era where you wither had a wood stick or an aluminum shaft with a wooden blade, so I cannot speak as to this. 

i played the same time but was a goaltender. To get the stick curved, i bought a Hextall model.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

We always used a blowtorch back in the day. You just don't apply the fire directly to the wood, which is where I think he went wrong lol. Heat it, bend it, cool it. Done. 

This is how we did it back in the day. It’s also how we changed the replaceable blades on the old 2 piece sticks. No idea how we never burned down my parents garage

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

This is how we did it back in the day. It’s also how we changed the replaceable blades on the old 2 piece sticks. No idea how we never burned down my parents garage

Exactly right. Some kids tried to do it over the burner on their mom's stove, but those were the kids who were "supervised" lol. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

We’re gonna need Matt Loughlin to ask his next intermission guest what they think of this promo 🤣

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Please ask Yegor about a Hat hat, he’ll have no clue. 

shlyapa shlyapa

(translated by Howdov Doodov)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.