GDT: Jack & the Boys @ Torts' Trash - 7pm (eastern)

jagknife

7 minutes ago, pumpkin cutter said:

well then they need to step up. i'm a playoff or bust person this year. if that doesn't happen i would blow the whole thing up and pull a rangers.

It doesn’t need to be blown up, but if a quarter of the way thru season, we’re looking up at Tortorella’s Flyers in the standings, that’s damning.

• Like 2

Skip to 17 mins, nice to finally see we have a reporter who actual wants to do their job and asks about Bratt's ice time. Lindy got in a huff and walked out right after. Can we get this losing fossil off this fvcking team already? I can't believe we entered the season with pieces we knew were fvcking broken... 

Edited by Satans Hockey
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Angry 2
  • Shocking 1

36 minutes ago, pumpkin cutter said:

Nah we’ve seen this trash for what a decade now? Same sh!t different toilet. 
rags turned around their rebuild , also while mentioning they were rebuilding to fans, in what 2 years? 
This team on paper is great. On ice it’s a joke. 

I know it’s been tough. We do have a great team minus our forth line and Mr blackwood 

1 minute ago, Satans Hockey said:

Skip to 17 mins, nice to finally see we have a reporter who actual wants to do their job and asks about Bratt's ice team. Lindy got in a huff and walked out right after. Can we get this losing fossil off this fvcking team already? I can't believe we entered the season with pieces we knew were fvcking broken... 

In fairness probably well past his bedtime…but then again he probably got plenty of sleep during the game…

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Lindy gets asked a question and walks off...lol

In his defence, the questions he gets asked are either repetitive or stupid. But that was a legit question for bratt…

Edited by Devils01
  • Like 1

Hart was great tonight. There was a time when our fan base would argue with the Flyers' fans about who had the better young goalie. Always hate to see it when Hart outplays Blackwood.

I also noticed Bratt's ice time - he made great plays on both goals. I'm not sure what Ruff was thinking there. Bratt ended up kind of catching up on ice time, but he really should have been leading the way with Jack there.

Lots of guys looked rusty. It's easy to point out all the negatives after a disappointing loss, but there were some positives.

Bratt, Hughes, Mercer, Siegenthaler, Severson - all looked very good to me. Severson with his classic hot and cold moments, but he was really pushing the play and creating a lot of pressure when the team was down. That's what you need. Not gonna lie, I am starting to hope they find a way to keep him. It unfortunately doesn't seem like a fit, because I can't see the Devils signing him for 8 years, but he'll easily get a big 7 year contract elsewhere.

Glad Holtz got his first goal. Made a few mistakes, but I can't hate on him for that. This was by far his best NHL game so far in my opinion. He needs to be on Jack's wing, though. Holtz-Hughes-Mercer if Ruff is so set on Mercer playing with Jack. Palat-Hischier-Bratt would do just fine.

I want Zetterlund in next game. He will almost definitely be an upgrade over Bastian, and should not be wasting away as a healthy scratch. We will hopefully get to see Bahl on Saturday too.

This is easy to say after the fact, but why was Blackwood given the start? Was the idea that Vitek would be the 1B from the time he was signed? I don't think Blackwood has proven that he is the starter at any point in his career, especially recently. Sends a better message to award the start to the player who has played better in the preseason (and last season, for that matter). Vitek should be in next game, anyway. Makes you wonder how long Blackwood's leash will be.

And speaking of long leashes...Ruff's gotta get a win against Detroit. With Brunette knocking on the door, I don't think he'll have too much time if we get off to a slow start over the first 10 or so games.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, nessus said:

Hart was great tonight. There was a time when our fan base would argue with the Flyers' fans about who had the better young goalie. Always hate to see it when Hart outplays Blackwood.

I also noticed Bratt's ice time - he made great plays on both goals. I'm not sure what Ruff was thinking there. Bratt ended up kind of catching up on ice time, but he really should have been leading the way with Jack there.

Lots of guys looked rusty. It's easy to point out all the negatives after a disappointing loss, but there were some positives.

Bratt, Hughes, Mercer, Siegenthaler, Severson - all looked very good to me. Severson with his classic hot and cold moments, but he was really pushing the play and creating a lot of pressure when the team was down. That's what you need. Not gonna lie, I am starting to hope they find a way to keep him. It unfortunately doesn't seem like a fit, because I can't see the Devils signing him for 8 years, but he'll easily get a big 7 year contract elsewhere.

Glad Holtz got his first goal. Made a few mistakes, but I can't hate on him for that. This was by far his best NHL game so far in my opinion. He needs to be on Jack's wing, though. Holtz-Hughes-Mercer if Ruff is so set on Mercer playing with Jack. Palat-Hischier-Bratt would do just fine.

I want Zetterlund in next game. He will almost definitely be an upgrade over Bastian, and should not be wasting away as a healthy scratch. We will hopefully get to see Bahl on Saturday too.

This is easy to say after the fact, but why was Blackwood given the start? Was the idea that Vitek would be the 1B from the time he was signed? I don't think Blackwood has proven that he is the starter at any point in his career, especially recently. Sends a better message to award the start to the player who has played better in the preseason (and last season, for that matter). Vitek should be in next game, anyway. Makes you wonder how long Blackwood's leash will be.

And speaking of long leashes...Ruff's gotta get a win against Detroit. With Brunette knocking on the door, I don't think he'll have too much time if we get off to a slow start over the first 10 or so games.

Bastian is not the guy I would be taking out of this lineup for Zetterlund.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, nessus said:

Well said.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Skip to 17 mins, nice to finally see we have a reporter who actual wants to do their job and asks about Bratt's ice team. Lindy got in a huff and walked out right after. Can we get this losing fossil off this fvcking team already? I can't believe we entered the season with pieces we knew were fvcking broken... 

Wow…

No you geriatric cock-eyed bastard, it’s not. Jack and Nico usually average about 19 minutes a game. There’s absolutely no reason Bratt shouldn’t be at that as well. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Bastian is not the guy I would be taking out of this lineup for Zetterlund.

Agreed. Especially once Nico gets back. They can run Hughes, Hischier, Haula, Boqvist at center. I’d rather have Bastian over McLeod 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Skip to 17 mins, nice to finally see we have a reporter who actual wants to do their job and asks about Bratt's ice time. Lindy got in a huff and walked out right after. Can we get this losing fossil off this fvcking team already? I can't believe we entered the season with pieces we knew were fvcking broken... 

How long until they pull his press pass?

1 hour ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Lindy gets asked a question and walks off...lol

One game in and he walk off.  That’s sad.  If things go poorly this month, what will happen then?  I’m happy with the coaches brought in, but Ruff needed to go.  As he said, they went with different lines every game.  Again, no stability, no ability to create chemistry and he was out coached.  Torts had him in the first period when he had the Devils trying to play a heavy game, instead of an uptempo transition game, which is what we saw more of in the 3rd.  And, to get slapped around in the second shows how inept he is at the job. If they let this go one for another month we will have a fire sale by the deadline.  All that will be left are prospects, Hughes, Nico, Hamilton, Seigs, Palat and VV and hope to win the Bedard sweepstakes.  Yeah, it’s a rant and maybe I’m wrong, but game 1 sucked.