GDT: Detroit @ Devils 7:00 PM 10/15- the home opener

MadDog2020

41 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

That’s exactly where he belongs. 

I’d rather he not be in the Devils’ picture at all TBH.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, RizzMB30 said:

I guess Wood had to apologize about saying something about tired of being on a bad team. Ball-check time. Let's just go fvcking play. 

Yeah I watched the beginning of Wood’s comments and he said instead of ‘bad team’ he should’ve said ‘non-playoff team’. Like, WTF? Did Jake Reynolds or Hugh Weber or some corporate twat stain tell him comments like that are bad for business or something?! No Miles- what you said was just fine. Because this has been a BAD team for a LONG time. So don’t fvcking apologize for expressing how we ALL feel. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Yeah I watched the beginning of Wood’s comments and he said instead of ‘bad team’ he should’ve said ‘non-playoff team’. Like, WTF? Did Jake Reynolds or Hugh Weber or some corporate twat stain tell him comments like that are bad for business or something?! No Miles- what you said was just fine. Because this has been a BAD team for a LONG time. So don’t fvcking apologize for expressing how we ALL feel. 

I was talking to my friend about this, and I feel the same as you, but I think it comes down to that no one disagreed with the assessment but you can't say it to the media. Everyone is tired of losing but the org wants to keep that stuff in the locker room. It was nice to hear someone on the team say what we are all saying and feeling.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

I was talking to my friend about this, and I feel the same as you, but I think it comes down to that no one disagreed with the assessment but you can't say it to the media. Everyone is tired of losing but the org wants to keep that stuff in the locker room. It was nice to hear someone on the team say what we are all saying and feeling.

Yeah that makes sense. Still appreciate Wood not mincing words. He cares and it shows, and I love that. 

5 minutes ago, nessus said:

Prediction for Bratt's ice time: 15:35

7D4CA1CD-4BDD-4B13-92B6-76BA4CA51C41.gif

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RizzMB30 said:

I am thrilled that Ruff thinks more of Boquist than Johnsson. If Boquist couldn't play the center, I think he'd be down in Utica. 

He probably belongs there with the exception of the 10-15 games at some point this season that he’ll look better. 

There's absolutely no reason Wood should have to apologize to anyone. "bad team, I should have said non playoff team. NON PLAYOFF TEAMS ARE BAD TEAMS. Wood shouldn't have had to apologize for anything. We have had putrid, dog sh!t fvcking awful hockey for almost a full decade before he was even here. 

Those dumb fvck suits definitely tried to get ahead of this like it was some story anyone actually gave a sh!t about.

Holy fvck 

• Like 1

I agree with Wood's sentiment however this is a business and all businesses have a "Code of Business Conduct." When representing the company there are ways to present oneself and when not there are still ways to present oneself. Violate it and there are ways it could be dealt with, up to being released. This applies to all errant behavior and not just illegal actions.

Having said that, they could make him apologize however I didn't hear an apology. I heard him try to explain his actions/words. I don't feel they forced Miles say anything and feel like some here are making more if it than it is.

Gotta stop here.  Post turning into something tldr.  Yeah, I do the tldr here a lot.:whistling:

Edited by StarDew
Shortened

7 minutes ago, StarDew said:

I agree with Wood's sentiment however this is a business and all businesses have a "Code of Business Conduct." When representing the company there are ways to present oneself and when not there are still ways to present oneself. Violate it and there are ways it could be dealt with, up to being released. This applies to all errant behavior and not just illegal actions.

Having said that, they could make him apologize however I didn't hear an apology. I heard him try to explain his actions/words. I don't feel they forced Miles say anything and feel like some here are making more if it than it is.

Gotta stop here.  Post turning into something tldr.  Yeah, I do the tldr here a lot.:whistling:

I don't think what you are saying applies. He was just honest about how they played and he said it without cursing or being unprofessional. The backpedaling comes off more like "keep it in the room" than violating a code of conduct.

14 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

I don't think what you are saying applies. He was just honest about how they played and he said it without cursing or being unprofessional. The backpedaling comes off more like "keep it in the room" than violating a code of conduct.

True however some seem to feel a player can say anything and that doesn't fly. Also back pedaing isn't being forced to apologize. Think this is more of what I was trying to address and used code as example.  Kept in the room applies. 😀

btw I have seen folks fired for less than what he said.

Edited by StarDew

i just personally thought wood should have kept this one for the room in this instance.

Last season he and many other important players missed a large chunk of the season. That had a huge impact. Then we've been a rebuilding team on top of that. this year i feel there's some waranted excitment going in the season and you lose game one (where you're again missing your captain) and one of your leader calls the team straight up "bad". It's just a bad look in my opinion and casting more negativity than a boost, which i assume is what he wanted to achieve but didnt word it well

If this was after say... 5-10 games of losing then i get it tho

Edited by SterioDesign

13 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

i just personally thought wood should have kept this one for the room in this instance.

Last season he and many other important players missed a large chunk of the season. That had a huge impact. Then we've been a rebuilding team on top of that. this year i feel there's some waranted excitment going in the season and you lose game one (where you're again missing your captain) and one of your leader calls the team straight up "bad". It's just a bad look in my opinion and casting more negativity than a boost, which i assume is what he wanted to achieve but didnt word it well

If this was after say... 5-10 games of losing then i get it tho

Yeah guess he could’ve waited longer to pop off, but if anything, it does show that at least some of the players are feeling as touchy and frustrated about all of the losing as we are.  It’s one thing if a bunch of us fans lose our collective sh!t in the first GDT.  To see a player do the same…says where some of them are.  And I gotta admit it…I LIKE that they’re feeling that way.

• Like 1