GDT: Detroit @ Devils 7:00 PM 10/15- the home opener

MadDog2020

20 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

I'm just gonna copy my post from HF Boards cause someone over there said something similar and my response there fits here too... 

Lmfao, you know what's bush league and embarrassing? Making the f***ing playoffs 1 time since 2012 and only winning 1 measly f***ing playoff game since then.

Our once winning team and proud franchise is now a f***ing joke that everyone looks forward to playing because it's an easy win for them. The only thing this team has won in the last decade is lotto picks and a stupid marketing award for a f***ing HAT HAT.

Lindy is a dog sh!t head coach and Blackwood is dumb as a box of rocks and sucks in goal. These two get paid way more money than they deserve and they have to EARN our respect. Ranger fans laughed hysterically at us when we hired Ruff because they were thrilled to get rid of him cause they hated him and hot sh!t look at that, they were right.

This sh!t sure as f*** isn't going to get turned around cause we gave the guys a bunch of pity claps like they were f***ing toddlers playing a meaningless scrimmage game on a Saturday morning.

I'm glad our fan base is finally pissed the f*** off. If you aren't pissed off you don't have a f***ing heartbeat.

damn right walter white GIF by Breaking Bad

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Puckbuster said:

It’s tough to begin the season at home with boos.  Personally, I think it affects the coaching staff all the way down to the players in a negative way.  I think it, also, makes it harder to attract better coaches and players.  As a long time fan, I thought it was uncalled for because it was an opening night game and it’s embarrassing being that it was only the second game of the season.  The boos at the end of the second and third are more justified, however.  

Here’s a crazy idea:  stop sucking and being easy fodder for other teams and start to bear some semblance to an actual NHL hockey team and maybe we won’t be such meanies and hurting anyone’s pwecoius wittle feewings.  These first two “efforts” are an extension of the same garbage we’ve been watching for YEARS…with same dipsh!t head coach who has accomplished NOTHING AT ALL here somehow still drawing a paycheck from the Devils.  The fans were right to strongly express their dissatisfaction and I’m glad they did.  Lindy and much of the team deserved all of it.  

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Here’s a crazy idea:  stop sucking and being easy fodder for other teams and start to bear some semblance to an actual NHL hockey team and maybe we won’t be such meanies and hurting anyone’s pwecoius wittle feewings.  These first two “efforts” are an extension of the same garbage we’ve been watching for YEARS…with same dipsh!t head coach who has accomplished NOTHING AT ALL here somehow still drawing a paycheck from the Devils.  The fans were right to strongly express their dissatisfaction and I’m glad they did.  Lindy and much of the team deserved all of it.  

Someone on HF pointed out going back to last season this is now 8 straight losses under Ruff. I looked at last seasons schedule and if you go back to April 1st there's only 3 wins in the past 17 games. 

• Sad 1
  • Angry 1

I try not to be negative this early into a new season that I thought had promise yet again. And it’s the same nonsense with the same players. Miles Wood saying here’s tired of being on a bad team. Like he’s some super player score 50 and the team sucking like kovalchuk did with Atlanta several times. The team is bad and he’s part of the problem and has been. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I have absolutely no problem when fans express their feels.  They are professionals that get paid to take the good with the bad.  All I’m saying is, it was the introductions at the home opener after one game.  The rest of the boos, total justified.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, NJDevs4978 said:

Not when it comes to finances...organizational structure and philosophy is another story but this idea they don't want to pay a head coach when they're at the cap celing is silly.  They might not want to give a head coach any say though, that's the real reason why you get stooges like Hynes, Nas, Ruff, probably Brunette next, etc while guys like Lavi, Gallant, etc want nothing to do with us.  Cause we want a frigging group collaboration led by the analytic people, not an actual organizational structure.

I'm not sure on this one and I don't know what goes behind the scenes to really give this a great response. My only thought on it is that spending all this money on free agents and contract extensions and then not giving any head coach some say is like cutting off your own nose to spite your face and just doesn't really make any sense to do so. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Puckbuster said:

I have absolutely no problem when fans express their feels.  They are professionals that get paid to take the good with the bad.  All I’m saying is, it was the introductions at the home opener after one game.  The rest of the boos, total justified.  

The thing is though most of us look at it as not just 1 game but a continuation of last season, that's how bad that 1st game in Philly was, it's like it gave the entire fan base collective ptsd and everyone finally woke up to how bad our franchise has been this past decade and especially since Ruff has been here. 

McLeod is completely different story cause he's involved, whether he did anything or not yet is something we don't know, in an awful story and some people just don't want him on the team because of that. 

Blackwood got booed because some people can't stand him, myself included, he's the first player in the longest time that I actively can't stand being on this team. I want him gone asap. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

I'm just gonna copy my post from HF Boards cause someone over there said something similar and my response there fits here too... 

Lmfao, you know what's bush league and embarrassing? Making the f***ing playoffs 1 time since 2012 and only winning 1 measly f***ing playoff game since then.

Our once winning team and proud franchise is now a f***ing joke that everyone looks forward to playing because it's an easy win for them. The only thing this team has won in the last decade is lotto picks and a stupid marketing award for a f***ing HAT HAT.

Lindy is a dog sh!t head coach and Blackwood is dumb as a box of rocks and sucks in goal. These two get paid way more money than they deserve and they have to EARN our respect. Ranger fans laughed hysterically at us when we hired Ruff because they were thrilled to get rid of him cause they hated him and hot sh!t look at that, they were right.

This sh!t sure as f*** isn't going to get turned around cause we gave the guys a bunch of pity claps like they were f***ing toddlers playing a meaningless scrimmage game on a Saturday morning.

I'm glad our fan base is finally pissed the f*** off. If you aren't pissed off you don't have a f***ing heartbeat.

I never said I’m not pissed off, and that fans shouldn’t be.  I’m just  saying, it was the introductions to the team at the home opener.  If you don’t think that didn’t suck the life out of the team than we just have to disagree.  If it were game two at home I would agree with the boos as they all came out on the ice.  The entire team deserves it, even, our star forward that can’t win a damn face off!!!  

4 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

The thing is though most of us look at it as not just 1 game but a continuation of last season, that's how bad that 1st game in Philly was, it's like it gave the entire fan base collective ptsd and everyone finally woke up to how bad our franchise has been this past decade and especially since Ruff has been here. 

McLeod is completely different story cause he's involved, whether he did anything or not yet is something we don't know, in an awful story and some people just don't want him on the team because of that. 

Blackwood got booed because some people can't stand him, myself included, he's the first player in the longest time that I actively can't stand being on this team. I want him gone asap. 

I don’t think my perspective means I am less upset.  I am pissed off and couldn’t bear to watch the last 3 minutes of the last two games.  It doesn’t mean I am going to boo my team at the home opener during introductions.

27 minutes ago, Puckbuster said:

I never said I’m not pissed off, and that fans shouldn’t be.  I’m just  saying, it was the introductions to the team at the home opener.  If you don’t think that didn’t suck the life out of the team than we just have to disagree.  If it were game two at home I would agree with the boos as they all came out on the ice.  The entire team deserves it, even, our star forward that can’t win a damn face off!!!  

The team had a 1-0 lead and the place was rocking and some of the best atmosphere in a long time so no I don't think it sucked the life out of the team at all. 

Edited by Satans Hockey
  • Like 2

Fitz ain’t going to fire clown ruff for Atleast another 10 games sadly. I think it’s another lost season. I just don’t see how this team improves with him still as coach.. the guy has no system.. can’t keep any lines together for more than 5 seconds.. 

anyone see when asked why holtz and sharangovich were on the 4th line he barley had an answer. Guy is clueless 

Edited by Devils01

5 minutes ago, Puckbuster said:

I don’t think my perspective means I am less upset.  I am pissed off and couldn’t bear to watch the last 3 minutes of the last two games.  It doesn’t mean I am going to boo my team at the home opener during introductions.

The team didn’t get booed during the introductions.  Ruff and a couple of players did.  Big difference.  

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

The team had a 1-0 lead and the place was rocking and some of the best atmosphere in a long time so no I don't think it sucked the lift out of the team at all. 

They booed because this is the same old same old. If they can’t a handle booing and let that seriously affect their play (which I don’t think it did) then they are the softest team in the history. I think it will be worse Tuesday. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Fansinz88 said:

They booed because this is the same old same old. If they can’t a handle booing and let that seriously affect their play (which I don’t think it did) then they are the softest team in the history. I think it will be worse Tuesday. 

If they fall behind by a couple of goals early and look as bad as they have for much of the first two games, yeah, crowd is going to be all over them.  And they should be.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Puckbuster said:

The problem is, it wasn’t Game 1 at home. It was gave 84 of the same ole same ole from last season. They had all the excuses in the world last year with injuries and Nas and all that. Now it’s basically a healthy team that’s just lost on ice and playing unorganized, uninspired hockey. One or two players and a coach got booed. The team came out hot anyway and scored first, then fell apart so you can’t say it’s from the booing. Fans have had enough of looking at draft rankings in December 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

The problem is, it wasn’t Game 1 at home. It was gave 84 of the same ole same ole from last season. They had all the excuses in the world last year with injuries and Nas and all that. Now it’s basically a healthy team that’s just lost on ice and playing unorganized, uninspired hockey. One or two players and a coach got booed. The team came out hot anyway and scored first, then fell apart so you can’t say it’s from the booing. Fans have had enough of looking at draft rankings in December 

And Puckbuster isn’t even accurately reporting what happened.  The team was not booed during intros.  Ruff was, for obvious reasons…if the Devils hadn’t looked just as pathetic in the season opener as they did last season, he doesn’t get booed.  If Mac hadn’t had yet another game full of rebound issues in his first game, he doesn’t get booed.  And of course McLeod was going to get booed no matter what.

But there was PLENTY of cheering and good energy for most of the other players during the intros, and I know this because I was THERE.  The crowds didn’t really turn on the Devils fully until that last-second goal in the second period.  So I have no idea WTF Puckbuster is talking about, with this “The crowd booing the team during intros sucked the life out of the team” bullsh!t.  Like SH noted, during that first period and when it was close, crowd was plenty positive and supportive.  

• Like 6

49 minutes ago, Puckbuster said:

I hear you but I think it's pretty obvious as to why those few specific people were booed in the introductions like we talked about even if you don't want to boo. 

Edited by Satans Hockey
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

And Puckbuster isn’t even accurately reporting what happened.  The team was not booed during intros.  Ruff was, for obvious reasons…if the Devils hadn’t looked just as pathetic in the season opener as they did last season, he doesn’t get booed.  If Mac hadn’t had yet another game full of rebound issues in his first game, he doesn’t get booed.  And of course McLeod was going to get booed no matter what.

But there was PLENTY of cheering and good energy for most of the other players during the intros, and I know this because I was THERE.  The crowds didn’t really turn on the Devils fully until that last-second goal in the second period.  So I have no idea WTF Puckbuster is talking about, with this “The crowd booing the team during intros sucked the life out of the team” bullsh!t.  Like SH noted, during that first period and when it was close, crowd was plenty positive and supportive.  

Hell even at 2-2, you guys sounded loud and into the game.

Then the Perron goal, then the absolute “yep, same old Devils” Larkin goal with less than a second left.

I couldn’t care less about Ruff’s feelings or his geriatric ego. He has literally earned ZERO credibility since he had Ryan Miller between the pipes and a fvck ton of good players on an expiring contract in Buffalo.

fvck him, send him to the retirement home already. I’m tired of wasting good players’ youth with a trash coach. Don’t care if they love him either, he isn’t winning. Plain and simple.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

I think he's looked horrible too, it's only 2 games so not gonna get worried about it yet but for the amount of money he's getting paid he needs to step up... 

The losing stink of this team even rubs off on career winners like Palat. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

The losing stink of this team even rubs off on career winners like Palat. 

We’re seriously overreacting over two games. 

Jack has zero points, back to putting in maximum effort with no results. We should send him to the AHL.