Jump to content

GDT: Detroit @ Devils 7:00 PM 10/15- the home opener


MadDog2020
 Share

Recommended Posts

41 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

That’s exactly where he belongs. 

I’d rather he not be in the Devils’ picture at all TBH.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, RizzMB30 said:

I guess Wood had to apologize about saying something about tired of being on a bad team. Ball-check time. Let's just go fvcking play. 

Yeah I watched the beginning of Wood’s comments and he said instead of ‘bad team’ he should’ve said ‘non-playoff team’. Like, WTF? Did Jake Reynolds or Hugh Weber or some corporate twat stain tell him comments like that are bad for business or something?! No Miles- what you said was just fine. Because this has been a BAD team for a LONG time. So don’t fvcking apologize for expressing how we ALL feel. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Yeah I watched the beginning of Wood’s comments and he said instead of ‘bad team’ he should’ve said ‘non-playoff team’. Like, WTF? Did Jake Reynolds or Hugh Weber or some corporate twat stain tell him comments like that are bad for business or something?! No Miles- what you said was just fine. Because this has been a BAD team for a LONG time. So don’t fvcking apologize for expressing how we ALL feel. 

I was talking to my friend about this, and I feel the same as you, but I think it comes down to that no one disagreed with the assessment but you can't say it to the media. Everyone is tired of losing but the org wants to keep that stuff in the locker room. It was nice to hear someone on the team say what we are all saying and feeling.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

I was talking to my friend about this, and I feel the same as you, but I think it comes down to that no one disagreed with the assessment but you can't say it to the media. Everyone is tired of losing but the org wants to keep that stuff in the locker room. It was nice to hear someone on the team say what we are all saying and feeling.

Yeah that makes sense. Still appreciate Wood not mincing words. He cares and it shows, and I love that. 

5 minutes ago, nessus said:

Prediction for Bratt's ice time: 15:35

 

7D4CA1CD-4BDD-4B13-92B6-76BA4CA51C41.gif

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, RizzMB30 said:

I am thrilled that Ruff thinks more of Boquist than Johnsson. If Boquist couldn't play the center, I think he'd be down in Utica. 

He probably belongs there with the exception of the 10-15 games at some point this season that he’ll look better. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There's absolutely no reason Wood should have to apologize to anyone. "bad team, I should have said non playoff team. NON PLAYOFF TEAMS ARE BAD TEAMS. Wood shouldn't have had to apologize for anything. We have had putrid, dog sh!t fvcking awful hockey for almost a full decade before he was even here. 

Those dumb fvck suits definitely tried to get ahead of this like it was some story anyone actually gave a sh!t about.

Holy fvck 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I agree with Wood's sentiment however this is a business and all businesses have a "Code of Business Conduct." When representing the company there are ways to present oneself and when not there are still ways to present oneself. Violate it and there are ways it could be dealt with, up to being released. This applies to all errant behavior and not just illegal actions.

Having said that, they could make him apologize however I didn't hear an apology. I heard him try to explain his actions/words. I don't feel they forced Miles say anything and feel like some here are making more if it than it is.

Gotta stop here.  Post turning into something tldr.  Yeah, I do the tldr here a lot.:whistling:

Edited by StarDew
Shortened
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, StarDew said:

I agree with Wood's sentiment however this is a business and all businesses have a "Code of Business Conduct." When representing the company there are ways to present oneself and when not there are still ways to present oneself. Violate it and there are ways it could be dealt with, up to being released. This applies to all errant behavior and not just illegal actions.

Having said that, they could make him apologize however I didn't hear an apology. I heard him try to explain his actions/words. I don't feel they forced Miles say anything and feel like some here are making more if it than it is.

Gotta stop here.  Post turning into something tldr.  Yeah, I do the tldr here a lot.:whistling:

I don't think what you are saying applies. He was just honest about how they played and he said it without cursing or being unprofessional. The backpedaling comes off more like "keep it in the room" than violating a code of conduct.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

I don't think what you are saying applies. He was just honest about how they played and he said it without cursing or being unprofessional. The backpedaling comes off more like "keep it in the room" than violating a code of conduct.

True however some seem to feel a player can say anything and that doesn't fly. Also back pedaing isn't being forced to apologize. Think this is more of what I was trying to address and used code as example.  Kept in the room applies. 😀

btw I have seen folks fired for less than what he said.

Edited by StarDew
Link to comment
Share on other sites

i just personally thought wood should have kept this one for the room in this instance.

Last season he and many other important players missed a large chunk of the season. That had a huge impact. Then we've been a rebuilding team on top of that. this year i feel there's some waranted excitment going in the season and you lose game one (where you're again missing your captain) and one of your leader calls the team straight up "bad". It's just a bad look in my opinion and casting more negativity than a boost, which i assume is what he wanted to achieve but didnt word it well

If this was after say... 5-10 games of losing then i get it tho

Edited by SterioDesign
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

i just personally thought wood should have kept this one for the room in this instance.

Last season he and many other important players missed a large chunk of the season. That had a huge impact. Then we've been a rebuilding team on top of that. this year i feel there's some waranted excitment going in the season and you lose game one (where you're again missing your captain) and one of your leader calls the team straight up "bad". It's just a bad look in my opinion and casting more negativity than a boost, which i assume is what he wanted to achieve but didnt word it well

If this was after say... 5-10 games of losing then i get it tho

Yeah guess he could’ve waited longer to pop off, but if anything, it does show that at least some of the players are feeling as touchy and frustrated about all of the losing as we are.  It’s one thing if a bunch of us fans lose our collective sh!t in the first GDT.  To see a player do the same…says where some of them are.  And I gotta admit it…I LIKE that they’re feeling that way.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.