GDT: Sharks @ Devils 1PM 10/22

Nicomo

20 minutes ago, Brewskies said:

WOW, 3-2 and some are ready to crown Mackenzie Blackwood. 

Good win today by the Devils and Mackenzie. 

The Devils are 12th Overall, 9th in the Conference, 6th in the Division, and NOT in the Wild Card just in case. 

I realize it is the excitement of a winning season to date. 

image.jpeg.e95973fe000c8f50ca69cd3e61be3ee7.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Brewskies could have mentioned that the Devils are also just one point out of first.  But I’m just glad that 0-2 didn’t turn into 0-4-1 or 1-4.  

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Yeah wow, quoting standings after 5 games. That’s just looking for reasons to complain. 

Yeah, same can be said for quoting any stat.  Such a small sample size it's pretty meaningless. Take the wins and be happy and then see where things stand after the first 20 games.

7 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Then fvcking scroll past them. 

Hey no need to be nasty. I said it wasn't about you. Just me venting. I believe stats are over-rated especially so early in season. Geez! fyi I scroll past a lot. Perhaps I should scroll more often.

Edited by StarDew
Fat fingers

It has gotten to the point where there’s almost too much metric-chat during broadcats, but kinda hard to completely dismiss stats in sporting events.  I mostly enjoy that side of it myself…the hardcore “metrics this and metrics that” crowd tends to be a bit too much for me, in that there’s definitely some within that group who just have a way of sucking the fun out of talking sports.  

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, StarDew said:

Hey no need to be nasty. I said it wasn't about you. Just me venting. I believe stats are over-rated especially so early in season. Geez! fyi I scroll past a lot. Perhaps I should scroll more often.

It’s not a counting stat though. So it has nothing to do with what point of the season it is. It’s literally just telling you one guy outplayed the other IN THIS GAME. 

The Devils created a lot more chances with Bahl than they did with Smith. That’s all it’s showing. 

Hilarious to me that people are sh!tting on the fans already cause of a 3 game winning streak that includes wins over 2 of the worst teams in the league. Do I want Ruff to succeed? Of course, why would anyone who is an actual fan of this team want us to suck yet again? But lets hold the horses on that this whole thing is turned around... 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

It’s not a counting stat though. So it has nothing to do with what point of the season it is. It’s literally just telling you one guy outplayed the other IN THIS GAME. 

The Devils created a lot more chances with Bahl than they did with Smith. That’s all it’s showing. 

It is not the particular stat or what it is used for.  It is stats in general for ME! Performance can be explained without formulae.  Again this is my opinion! EOT

3 hours ago, Nicomo said:

Brendan Smith was clearly signed more for depth and insurance…all it’s going to take for him to drop to becoming the 7th guy is for one of the kids to outplay him…which is already starting to happen.  Not to mention the constant trips to the penalty box Smith keeps making.

3 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Hilarious to me that people are sh!tting on the fans already cause of a 3 game winning streak that includes wins over 2 of the worst teams in the league. Do I want Ruff to succeed? Of course, why would anyone who is an actual fan of this team want us to suck yet again? But lets hold the horses on that this whole thing is turned around... 

Yeah I always wanna be hopeful but there’s some legit measuring-stick games coming up.  Looking forward to seeing how the Devils fare against those teams.  

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, StarDew said:

It is not the particular stat or what it is used for.  It is stats in general for ME! Performance can be explained without formulae.  Again this is my opinion! EOT

Yet I was just debating another poster before this game on the merits of Bahl over Smith. When all you have to go off is just the eye test, and one person’s opinion against another’s, it’s going to be subjective. 

Edited by Nicomo

59 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Yet I was just debating another poster before this game on the merits of Bahl over Smith. When all you have to go off is just the eye test, and one person’s opinion against another’s, it’s going to be subjective. 

I don’t think anyone who has watched the games could argue Smith is outperforming Bahl. No stats needed on that. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, NJDfan1711 said:

I don't mind Smith over Back though.  Smith had looked pretty good so far, using his body and making some decent plays. He's a veteran too, so I don't see any way they sit him.  It wouldn't have made sense to bring him on board just to make him the 7th D-man. 

17 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I don’t think anyone who has watched the games could argue Smith is outperforming Bahl. No stats needed on that.