GDT: Sharks @ Devils 1PM 10/22

Nicomo

4 minutes ago, Brewskies said:

I did so after someone put a halo over Mackenzie after 5 games 3-2. 

Except that didn’t happen. He had a good game, people are happy he had a good game and are saying “what if”. 

Plus, your take is weird in that you say they are in 6th place in the division, where in reality, point wise you could also say they are tied for second, and the whole fvcking division is nearly equal in the standings. 

Edited by mfitz804

i’ve been one of blackwoods largest naysayers and anyone who suggests what we’ve seen isn’t incredibly promising is just being needlessly negative.

the devils don’t win this game with any of our goaltenders last year, including weird injured blackwood. the guy was a rock.

• Like 3

That Taylor Hall trade is looking better and better every day. Crazy to think that Mercer, Bahl, and Siegenthaler (acquired from one of the picks from Arizona) are all Devils from that trade.

I hope to feel the same way about the Coleman trade someday, but I can't see Foote making the jump at any point soon. Mukhamadullin, on the other hand, continues to build a stronger case for himself.

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, nessus said:

That Taylor Hall trade is looking better and better every day. Crazy to think that Mercer, Bahl, and Siegenthaler (acquired from one of the picks from Arizona) are all Devils from that trade.

In fairness, it’s probably even better than the return should have been for Hall, given his performance since. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Brewskies said:

I don't think anyone is doing this. He's played 4 and won 2 and is clearly heating up. Nobody is calling him the next Brodeur. Some are saying we do have 2 decent goalies, which I think is true. The question is their another level to either one of the their games. 

14 minutes ago, RizzMB30 said:

I don't think anyone is doing this. He's played 4 and won 2 and is clearly heating up. Nobody is calling him the next Brodeur. Some are saying we do have 2 decent goalies, which I think is true. The question is their another level to either one of the their games. 

He’s played 4 and won 3. Vitek got the other loss. 

2 hours ago, Brewskies said:

There’s no halo. He’s just been solid the last 3 games after a terrible start. There’s nothing wrong with enjoying him possibly getting out from under that black cloud after 2 years.  And he’s 3-1. 

6 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

Hilarious to me that people are sh!tting on the fans already cause of a 3 game winning streak that includes wins over 2 of the worst teams in the league. Do I want Ruff to succeed? Of course, why would anyone who is an actual fan of this team want us to suck yet again? But lets hold the horses on that this whole thing is turned around... 

Do you even realize how much of a negative black hole you are? Being negative all the time is one thing, thats just you. But on top of that you're constantly encouraging others NOT to be positive. That's insanely lame

You're negative 24/7 whining about literally every. possible. aspect. of the team and management. Honestly, thats literally all you bring to this board, negativity. Whining about any ads on jerseys, ads on the ice, ads on the boards, marketing, the features on this site, the prices of anything, not being treated well enough as a STH, coaching, PP, PK, players, whining that a goalie from an opposing team shouldnt be allowed so celebrate by skating around after the win ? (my fav one) you whine about literally everything you possibly can think of.

The other day you posted about how our crowd was into it and supporting the team like it was actually a bad thing.

Now we win 3 in a row and you try to minimize that?

Last game BEFORE THE GAME you posted about how Ruff should be fired for dressing 7 dmen and 11 forwards. And they played their best game of the season. How 'bout just waiting for the game to at least start before whining about those moves?

Never through all of this you ever considered being patient and just wait a little bit. Not once. All you wanna do is whine. And when fans are trying to stay positive so that it's more fun, you try to take that away.

And now funny enough, now that that fans in general and this place is turning into more of positive mood finally and that it's actually fun here.... that's when you call "we should hold the horse" and just stay unhappy? Where was that "we should hold the horse" when the team was obviously learning a new system with new guys and new coaches? eh? You were already leading the charge with the fire the coach 2 games into the season lol

That's what's truly hilarious and pathetic.

Edited by SterioDesign

3 hours ago, MB3 said:

i’ve been one of blackwoods largest naysayers and anyone who suggests what we’ve seen isn’t incredibly promising is just being needlessly negative.

the devils don’t win this game with any of our goaltenders last year, including weird injured blackwood. the guy was a rock.

Same here, I still don't like the guy whatsoever but he's been playing well. Gotta keep the hot hand going but Vinecek probably gets one of the games on the back to back next week. 

7 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

Do you even realize how much of a negative black hole you are? Being negative all the time is one thing, thats just you. But on top of that you're constantly encouraging others NOT to be positive. That's insanely lame

You're negative 24/7 whining about literally every. possible. aspect. of the team and management. Honestly, thats literally all you bring to this board, negativity. Whining about any ads on jerseys, ads on the ice, ads on the boards, marketing, the features on this site, the prices of anything, not being treated well enough as a STH, coaching, PP, PK, players, whining that a goalie from an opposing team shouldnt be allowed so celebrate by skating around after the win ? (my fav one) you whine about literally everything you possibly can think of.

The other day you posted about how our crowd was into it and supporting the team like it was actually a bad thing.

Now we win 3 in a row and you try to minimize that?

Last game BEFORE THE GAME you posted about how Ruff should be fired for dressing 7 dmen and 11 forwards. And they played their best game of the season. How 'bout just waiting for the game to at least start before whining about those moves?

Never through all of this you ever considered being patient and just wait a little bit. Not once. All you wanna do is whine. And when fans are trying to stay positive so that it's more fun, you try to take that away.

And now funny enough, now that that fans in general and this place is turning into more of positive mood finally and that it's actually fun here.... that's when you call "we should hold the horse" and just stay unhappy? Where was that "we should hold the horse" when the team was obviously learning a new system with new guys and new coaches? eh? You were already leading the charge with the fire the coach 2 games into the season lol

That's what's truly hilarious and pathetic.

i don’t find SH to be literally any one of those things you mentioned. and i’ve known him on this forum for close to 15 years.

Edited by MB3
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, MB3 said:

i don’t find SH to be literally any one of those things you mentioned. and i’ve known him on this forum for close to 15 years.

I’m not going to call anyone names, but he certainly has a lot of negative opinions of the franchise. At times I wonder why he is still a fan. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I’m not going to call anyone names, but he certainly has a lot of negative opinions of the franchise. At times I wonder why he is still a fan. 

I think anyone who has kept their season tickets through the last decade of dookie deserves to have a few negative opinions and not trust a 3 game burst just yet. 

Personally I think the turn is finally coming. I’m not saying deep playoff run but I think our time as the league joke and door mat is coming to an end. I think we’re moving into official young team soon to do great things territory. 

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Personally I think the turn is finally coming. I’m not saying deep playoff run but I think our time as the league joke and door mat is coming to an end. I think we’re moving into official young team soon to do great things territory. 

I agree with your view of where we’re at.  

I also think it’s fair to be enthusiastic about where this team is headed while also being mortified after the first two games.  To that point we saw the same .800 goaltending, questionable coaching and Nico missing games due to injury that has been sinking this team the last two years.   

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Lateralous said:

I agree with your view of where we’re at.  

I also think it’s fair to be enthusiastic about where this team is headed while also being mortified after the first two games.  To that point we saw the same .800 goaltending, questionable coaching and Nico missing games due to injury that has been sinking this team the last two years.   

I’m still not a fan of Ruff and some of his decisions but the results are there the last 3 games. 

I wonder how much is Ruff and how much is the assistants because I don’t think Ruff’s style magically worked all by itself after 2 years 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

I’m still not a fan of Ruff and some of his decisions but the results are there the last 3 games. 

I wonder how much is Ruff and how much is the assistants because I don’t think Ruff’s style magically worked all by itself after 2 years 

I think one of two things happen this year:

The Devils play well enough for Ruff to stick around all season, and not long after the Devils are done, Ruff steps aside for Brunette.

Or the Devils slump badly enough that Ruff is fired and Brunette takes over.

Either way I think that the HC gig is Brunette’s by the start of next season. Ruff at this point appears to be as good as his assistants…which kind of leads me to believe that Ruff isn’t really bringing much.  

• Like 2