GDT: 10/28/2022 Avalanche @ Devils Please No Washington Part Deux Kind of Game

Colorado Rockies 1976

Starting this one early.  Will be at this game and the one on Sunday.  Dreams of a 6-3 start after 0-2 (and somehow that 0-2 felt like 0-10 at time).  Another big test for this team that at times is feeling soooooo close to turning that damned corner.

L

G

M

F

D!

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

i have a feeling we'll win this game.

Also no matter how it goes it should be wonderful cause we get to watch Makar play and he's an absolute beauty to watch

He hasn’t scored a goal yet through seven games.

Kinda wish that wasn’t the case, if ya know what I mean…

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

still a point per game and a beauty to watch play haha

Yeah I know I just don’t want him to break out of his goal “slump” against the Devils.  You just know it’s only a matter of time before the dam breaks for a player like him.

16 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Yeah I know I just don’t want him to break out of his goal “slump” against the Devils.  You just know it’s only a matter of time before the dam breaks for a player like him.

Dude will probably get a hat trick against us.

Here's hoping we can repeat our performance from Tuesday and keep the momentum going. Is Blackwood really banged up?  If so, wonder if Vanecek gets the nod since he looked good last game...?  I wouldn't complain either way. 

12 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Bernier was at practice. I’m assuming they call up Daws or Schmid though, can’t imagine Bernier had enough reps to comfortably back up. 

Cannot imagine they take Bernier off the LTIR list to play just like that, and in fact, can they even do that and still be compliant with the cap?

5 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Cannot imagine they take Bernier off the LTIR list to play just like that, and in fact, can they even do that and still be compliant with the cap?

He’s not supposed to be actually ready until Thanksgiving so that’s another 3 weeks. But we only have 2 million in cap space left and his hit is 4.1 so they’ll have to do something to fit him

I'd love a win here, but the most important thing is for them to play like they belong with a high end team like the Avs. If they lose, it's okay as long as they don't look out of place. With this team's defense really coming together (at least 4 of them), and Jack on the brink of a real breakout, I think it could be possible. Let's hope for some good goaltending!

LGD

• Like 2

Palat also has a history of missing games...not an absurd amount, but only once did he manage 80+...and that was as a 22-year-old.

14 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

A big game from Nico would be nice. I don’t particularly want to hear the mutant portion of our fanbase going on about Makar. 

Without re-hashing the entire thing in detail, I don't get on the Devils for that because no one treated Nico as some "What were they THINKING?!" off-the-board selection at the time, and the Devils absolutely needed to nab themselves a bona-fide legit Top-6 center.  Two were available and they went 1-2.  Just glad it wasn't Patrick.