GDT: 11/3/2022 Devils @ Oilers 9:00 pm Keep on winnin'

Colorado Rockies 1976

5 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Siegenthaler looks fantastic so far. 

Suffice it to say you can put both Siegs and Marino in the “Big Time Win” column for Fitz.  Great finds, both of ‘em.  Cost him Ty Smith and two third-rounders.

2 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

@MB3’s opinion from the other day. 

He's had a couple strong games in a row. Great to see. 

Did Tatar's controller die on the Power Play? Lmao dude just sat in the defensive zone pinning himself and the puck against the glass for like 3 seconds. Dougie eventually was like "wtf give it to me"

2 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

How the hell did Nico miss that?? Ugh 

They may be 0-for-2 on the power play today so far but if this was a couple of baseball at-bats, it would be two outs on a deep fly ball and scorcher to third.  Last year when they were 0-for-2 it felt more like a couple of feeble strikeouts.

Lots to like in that first period.  

• Like 2

Just now, Nicomo said:

Would like to have at least 1 off those power plays but overall you gotta like that period. The Devils speed is tough to handle for even the fastest teams. Probably a big reason Holtz can’t crack the lineup right now. 

And if speed is his biggest issue you wonder just how much he’ll be able to improve on that.

Just now, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

And if speed is his biggest issue you wonder just how much he’ll be able to improve on that.

Boqvist is one of the stronger skaters on the team and two years ago he was easily the slowest NHLer I'd seen in a long time. 

4 minutes ago, MB3 said:

Boqvist is one of the stronger skaters on the team and two years ago he was easily the slowest NHLer I'd seen in a long time. 

The Devils are clearly trying very hard with Holtz at the NHL level…the fact that he’s not in Utica leads me to believe they must think they can right him enough through practices with this coaching staff to get him in the lineup eventually.  I can’t think of any other reason why he’s not getting ice time in Utica otherwise.  

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

Just now, MB3 said:

I've alwaysssss been the obnoxious severson stan on the forum but he looks fvcking atrocious this year. His defense didn't get any better and on offense he's throwing pancakes to the goalie's chest. What are ya doin, man? 

He’s doing Severson things

Aw damn