GDT: 11/3/2022 Devils @ Oilers 9:00 pm Keep on winnin'

Colorado Rockies 1976

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

So funny how shell shocked we are, we already have this as a career ending injury for Blackwood. 

Who knows?  He looked banged up on the ice and coming off though.  If it is long-term, it’s a shame, because he was showing signs of heading in the right direction.  

Just now, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Yeah we had a guy who for years and YEARS was a lock to play friggin 70+ games almost every single season.  We’ll never see that again.

When I was compiling my lists of goalies for my puck collection, it was definitely funny to see the stats of some of our backup goalies while Marty was here. Like 2005-06, where it was Brodeur and Clemmensen, and Clemmensen played in 6 games. 

305 minutes played for Clem, 4,697 for Marty lol. 

Just now, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Who knows?  He looked banged up on the ice and coming off though.  If it is long-term, it’s a shame, because he was showing signs of heading in the right direction.  

Nobody knows. I’m sure that includes Blackwood, the team, and the medical staff at this point. That was kind of my point. 

4 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

I’m sure he’ll be back after 2 weeks of “evaluation” and then a major surgery. I’m hoping it was just a tweak though and he’s back for the home stand next week. The question is does Bernier back up if Blackwood is really hurt? 

I guess we’ll find out how “ready” Bernier is if Daws is brought up. 

4 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

When I was compiling my lists of goalies for my puck collection, it was definitely funny to see the stats of some of our backup goalies while Marty was here. Like 2005-06, where it was Brodeur and Clemmensen, and Clemmensen played in 6 games. 

305 minutes played for Clem, 4,697 for Marty lol. 

Clemmer wrote an article about how he was stuck…basically wanted to play but didn’t have much choice but to stay with the Devils even though he knew he wasn’t going to play much at all.  Of course, he did get a nice long stretch when Brodeur suffered his first extended injury…and did a fine job approximating Marty’s numbers while filling in.

More WOOD

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

1 minute ago, MB3 said:

the question was “if he tore something”. context clues are important cutie

That’s only a little less stupid. And only a little stupider than your Miles Wood take after his 2nd goal. Now has as many as Jack, Bratt and Dawson do. 

Just now, MB3 said:

is it weird that i think jack needs to stop looking to shoot right away all the time now? feels like he’s desperate to score. the points will come, stop ripping it into traffic.

I don’t like that, now when he tries to pass through the entire opposing team cross-ice, which is almost never successful.