GDT: 11/3/2022 Devils @ Oilers 9:00 pm Keep on winnin'

Colorado Rockies 1976

I think it's important we start tempering our expectations here a little bit. I'm excited they're doing well and I'm not trying to be a debbie downer at all; this team has shown they have what it takes to compete, but I still don't think we're quite 'there' yet but goddamn it if I'm not excited for Devil's hockey again 

Just now, RunninWithTheDevil said:

I think it's important we start tempering our expectations here a little bit. I'm excited they're doing well and I'm not trying to be a debbie downer at all; this team has shown they have what it takes to compete, but I still don't think we're quite 'there' yet but goddamn it if I'm not excited for Devil's hockey again 

The past decade has been the drizzling sh!ts, sure it could all fall apart any day now but just enjoy it while it's here and take a page out of your user name and just run with it! 

• Like 8

Just now, RunninWithTheDevil said:

I don’t think anyone’s expecting a Cup.  But the team over most of the last 9 games has been competitive (and at times dominating) and entertaining.  It feels like they can battle for a playoff spot.  Good enough for me, as the window to try to win something is just starting to open. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I don’t think anyone’s expecting a Cup.  But the team over most of the last 9 games has been competitive (and at times dominating) and entertaining.  It feels like they can battle for a playoff spot.  Good enough for me, as the window to try to win something is just starting to open. 

Absolutely, this is probably the best start to a season they've had in a decade. Maybe I'm just a beaten puppy, the losing has become a part of my fandom.

Edited by RunninWithTheDevil

RWTD you know i love you buddy but get outta here with any “we gotta temper our excitement” stuff. for the last decade cheering for this team has been like a season long trip to the dentist. i’m gonna enjoy this ride until the millisecond it crashes.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

change1.jpg

At least it’s not like this team is feasting on unsustainable shooting%s and save%s.  Even bad teams can go on little bursts when that happens.  If anything I expect those numbers to continue to get better (as they both have after a slow start).  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

image.gif.e894a3803586d70e285f4cc59740fcce.gif

• Haha 2

I was able to watch exactly 1 second period shift last night when it was 3-1. It was the bad one where Seves-Graves kept turning the puck over in the defensive zone, then wood and co had a chance to set up shop in the offensive zone only for Wood to use no finesse with the puck and smacked it right back out trying to wheel behind the net.

I thought, well can’t win them, maybe they can get another or force OT… but deep down was worried Mc and the German would take over… before I closed the phone and passed out.

When I woke up 6 hours later, holy sh!t, they fvcking won!

LMFGD!!!

• Like 3

Marino now has 6 points in his last 6 games (1 G and 5 A) and is a +10 in those games.  He’s only 11 games into his Devils career but man what a hell of start he’s off to.  He plays like a seasoned star vet who seems to know exactly what he’s supposed to do and where he’s supposed to be damned near all the time.  He’s been such a joy to watch…hopefully he’s one of the guys who goes to a new team (think John LeClair with the Flyers) and suddenly and immediately exceeds even the most optimistic expectations.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, NJDevils1214 said:

He hasn't looked nearly as dominant with the puck as we've come to expect. I'd describe him as quieter than usual, far from "not good at all".

I think this is correct in a weird way. With all of the offense we’ve been bringing, I would have thought it would mean Jack was at like 18-20 points by now, but he’s not. He’s one point short of PPG on the season. Loser.