Jump to content

GDT: 11/3/2022 Devils @ Oilers 9:00 pm Keep on winnin'


Colorado Rockies 1976
 Share

Recommended Posts

Just now, Jerzey said:

I don’t see why he hasn’t to be honest. I thought he looked good. Gotta get rid of Tatar imo. 

I wasn’t really impressed the little bit we saw of him. If we were in the midst of yet another season going nowhere fast I’d say he should be playing to help his development, but you can’t really do that when the team is gelling like it has been. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

I don't think he looked that good. The DET game was pretty rough. He didn't look ready to me.

Is he at least back in Utica? I don’t see the point of letting him sit in the press box every night. He’s never going to adapt to the league if they don’t play him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Jerzey said:

Is he at least back in Utica? I don’t see the point of letting him sit in the press box every night. He’s never going to adapt to the league if they don’t play him.

He is not. I don’t really understand what the thinking is with keeping him up right now. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

I wasn’t really impressed the little bit we saw of him. If we were in the midst of yet another season going nowhere fast I’d say he should be playing to help his development, but you can’t really do that when the team is gelling like it has been. 

I agree with if it ain’t broke don’t fix it. I hope there’s nothing to fix ever again. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

I wasn’t really impressed the little bit we saw of him. If we were in the midst of yet another season going nowhere fast I’d say he should be playing to help his development, but you can’t really do that when the team is gelling like it has been. 

Do you think there is anything Tomas Tatar brings to the table that Holtz wouldn't?

There's never been a single player to say "ah I really credit my development to the 6 weeks I spent eating a banana in the press box." 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, MB3 said:

Do you think there is anything Tomas Tatar brings to the table that Holtz wouldn't?

There's never been a single player to say "ah I really credit my development to the 6 weeks I spent eating a banana in the press box." 

Tatar is currently a better hockey player than Holtz. People won’t like hearing that but it’s true. 

I agree he shouldn’t be up with the big club if he’s not going to play though. Send him back to Utica. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Tatar is currently a better hockey player than Holtz. People won’t like hearing that but it’s true. 

I agree he shouldn’t be up with the big club if he’s not going to play though. Send him back to Utica. 

Just because you say "it's true" doesn't make it true. He's playing top-line minutes and he has 4 points on the entire season. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, MB3 said:

Just because you say "it's true" doesn't make it true. He's playing top-line minutes and he has 4 points on the entire season. 

And just because you say Holtz deserves to be playing doesn’t make it true. The coaches see these guys every day in practice, what reason do they have to sit a top 10 pick other than he’s just not ready? His skating is still an issue, and he looked bad in all 4 games he played in. One SUPER soft goal doesn’t change that. 

As for Tatar? I’m certainly no big fan of his, but I can’t argue with what the coaches are doing right now. Look at the results. They aren’t just squeaking out wins. They’re dominating teams. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

And just because you say Holtz deserves to be playing doesn’t make it true. The coaches see these guys every day in practice, what reason do they have to sit a top 10 pick other than he’s just not ready? His skating is still an issue, and he looked bad in all 4 games he played in. One SUPER soft goal doesn’t change that. 

As for Tatar? I’m certainly no big fan of his, but I can’t argue with what the coaches are doing right now. Look at the results. They aren’t just squeaking out wins. They’re dominating teams. 

While you’re right about Holtz, I don’t think Tatar has anything at all to do with the teams results so far this year. He’s been pretty useless. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

While you’re right about Holtz, I don’t think Tatar has anything at all to do with the teams results so far this year. He’s been pretty useless. 

He definitely needs to start burying some of his chances. Dude is shooting at 3.8%. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, devlman said:

Why the hell is MSG calling this game from New York? How did this become the norm for a network to cheap out so blatantly?

Probably saw how much money they saved during the covid crowd less games. 

They had been doing it for years for the Red Bulls, like not even sending them to Philly cheap. 

I noticed the Rangers game in Arizona was called from the studio as well. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Devil Dan 56 said:

I’m gonna guess they realized how much money they saved not sending everyone on the road during covid 

Oh I’m sure they’re saving money but at the expense of a quality broadcast. Daneyko has enough trouble keeping up, as is.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Satans Hockey said:

Probably saw how much money they saved during the covid crowd less games. 

They had been doing it for years for the Red Bulls, like not even sending them to Philly cheap. 

I noticed the Rangers game in Arizona was called from the studio as well. 

Not going to Philly is pathetically cheap. Don’t even really need a hotel.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.