GDT: 11/3/2022 Devils @ Oilers 9:00 pm Keep on winnin'

Colorado Rockies 1976

1 minute ago, MB3 said:

not our night. we're not quite yet ready to run with the big boys every game.

They’re not so far away though.  Gotta get a little better at finishing, and it sucks that Blackwood appears to be injured (again).  Still time in this one too.

2 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Anyone else's sound weird?

MSG network is too cheap to send their broadcast crews to road games. So far every road game this season (even fvcking philly), the PBP guys have been doing it from the prudential center like they did during COVID. leads to weird sound quality and an underwhelming broadcast experience. 

• Like 1

Just now, NJDevils1214 said:

They're having some bad luck. I don't expect them to just give up. They don't look great all the sudden.  Brunette, settle them down.

Fixed

4 minutes ago, MB3 said:

MSG network is too cheap to send their broadcast crews to road games. So far every road game this season (even fvcking philly), the PBP guys have been doing it from the prudential center like they did during COVID. leads to weird sound quality and an underwhelming broadcast experience. 

The Philly game was on ESPN+ and they did go on the road to Detroit cause Bryce and Erika went cause I was surprised she traveled for that game considering she's due soon. So I don't know what their rhyme or reason will be when it comes to where they go and don't. 

Edited by Satans Hockey

Dougie has played this entire game leaving his partner out to dry. Tighten that up dude, Jesus Christ. 

1 minute ago, Satans Hockey said:

The Philly game was on ESPN+ and they did go on the road to Detroit cause Bryce and Erika went cause I was surprised she traveled for that game considering she's due soon. So I don't know what their rhyme or reason will be when it comes to where they go and don't. 

maybe it was Long Island they didn’t travel to, because i remember thinking “they could’ve just driven?!” 

TOMAS TATAR LITERALLY WHAT IS YOUR PURPOSE

straight WHIFF on two separate one-timers in the slot. you don't skate. you don't play defense. you don't control the puck. you don't forecheck. you don't even know what backchecking means. you don't hit. you don't fight. you don't score. WHY DO YOU EXIST. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, MB3 said:

Which is why Spaulding is consistently thinking Foegele is McDavid because his number ends in a 7. 

Ok…not dead yet.  Start burying some of these looks boys.

4 minutes ago, MB3 said:

TOMAS TATAR LITERALLY WHAT IS YOUR PURPOSE

straight WHIFF on two separate one-timers in the slot. you don't skate. you don't play defense. you don't control the puck. you don't forecheck. you don't even know what backchecking means. you don't hit. you don't fight. you don't score. WHY DO YOU EXIST. 

Apparently he metrics. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Suddenly, they look like crap.

Feels like Blackwood leaving with an injury threw them off for a while.  Maybe with the intermission they can catch their breath some.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

16 minutes ago, MB3 said:

More than one occasion Spaulding has confused Foegel for McDavid and has channeled his inner Cangi by missing hit the post calls. 

The boards have been glitching all game. The audio is off. Daneyko constantly cutting off Spaulding. All in all makes for a bad broadcast.

Just now, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Feels like Blackwood leaving with an injury threw them off for a while.  Maybe with the intermission they can can their breath some.

unless blackwood left with an injury with 6 minutes left in the first period, those timelines don’t line up.

devils have been getting dominated for the majority of the game. hope they come out swinging in the third.

Just now, Satans Hockey said:

If Blackwood actually tore something this could possibly be the last game we see of him. Guy is hurt every single season. 

it could legitimately be the end of his NHL career as a potential starting goalie. nobody’s going to give an injury prone goalie who is 3 years removed from a good season any sort of 1-way contract.

• Like 1

Just now, devlman said:

More than one occasion Spaulding has confused Foegel for McDavid and has channeled his inner Cangi by missing hit the post calls. 

The boards have been glitching all game. The audio is off. Daneyko constantly cutting off Spaulding. All in all makes for a bad broadcast.

I'm sure some of that has to do with not being in the arena. Wonder if he has to watch a feed with the sh!tty digital ads too. 

Just now, MB3 said:

unless blackwood left with an injury with 6 minutes left in the first period, those timelines don’t line up.

devils have been getting dominated for the majority of the game. hope they come out swinging in the third.

I thought the Devils played pretty well in the first period.  Didn’t think they were dominated.  Oilers absolutely did outplay them in the second.  

2 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

If Blackwood actually tore something this could possibly be the last game we see of him. Guy is hurt every single season. 

We went from the most durable goalie ever to 2 straight injury prone guys in a row. 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Nicomo said:

We went from the most durable goalie ever to 2 straight injury prone guys in a row. 

Yeah we had a guy who for years and YEARS was a lock to play friggin 70+ games almost every single season.  We’ll never see that again.

1 minute ago, Nicomo said:

I’m sure he’ll be back after 2 weeks of “evaluation” and then a major surgery. I’m hoping it was just a tweak though and he’s back for the home stand next week. The question is does Bernier back up if Blackwood is really hurt?