GDT: 11/8/22, Flames @ Devils, 7:00 Please Damon Don’t Do Damon Things

Colorado Rockies 1976

If anyone had told me I’d be starting seven straight GDTs after that 0-2 start…

Anyway, I expect an ornery Flames team, as they lost another 4-3 OT game on their penalty kill last night, to saddle them with an 0-3-2 record in their last five GP.  And unlike the loss against the Devils, the Flames LED 3-1 before the Isles came back (Palms tied it up).  Hopefully they’re a little tired tonight…I can see them coming out strong for the first 10 minutes or so, and then being gassed.  Potential “scheduling win” for the Devils here.

L G M F D!!!

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Stealing my joke, but by my math its 47.8 GDT/82. 

And you stole my math!  

But you are correct.  If I wind up starting 47 GDTs and 8/10 of another GDT without contracting a single STD, then plenty went right for the 2022-23 New Jersey Devils.

14 minutes ago, MB3 said:

can i get a GDT/82 stat, CR? 

My per 82 GP apprentice has already hooked you up.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Stealing my joke, but by my math its 47.8 GDT/82. 

Lmao my guy, people have been making jokes with CR about his per-82 comments since wayyyyyy before you joined. That used to be DIG's go-to joke. Miss that guy. 

2 minutes ago, MB3 said:

Lmao my guy, people have been making jokes with CR about his per-82 comments since wayyyyyy before you joined. That used to be DIG's go-to joke. Miss that guy. 

Lmao, I am talking about the fact that I specifically made the GDT/82 joke, though. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

If I wind up starting 47 GDTs and 8/10 of another GDT without contracting a single STD, then plenty went right for the 2022-23 New Jersey Devils.

As long as you are wearing a condom when you start them, you should be fine. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, MB3 said:

Actually I didn't really start doing the "per 82 GP" thing all that often until Covid...mostly because we started getting these abbreviated seasons and I was trying to find a way to get a better read on these shorter-season numbers, as to what we might be able to expect in more "normal" seasons.

And yes I miss DIG too and wish he was still here.  Met him at a couple of games and he's a super-nice guy.  Colin226 too...another super-nice dude.  Wish he was still around.  

59 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Actually I didn't really start doing the "per 82 GP" thing all that often until Covid...mostly because we started getting these abbreviated seasons and I was trying to find a way to get a better read on these shorter-season numbers, as to what we might be able to expect in more "normal" seasons.

And yes I miss DIG too and wish he was still here.  Met him at a couple of games and he's a super-nice guy.  Colin226 too...another super-nice dude.  Wish he was still around.  

Those are some blasts from the past. I forgot how many people used to be here. I joined this site around 14 - 15 years ago and I still feel like one of the newbies. 

Edited by Devil Dan 56
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Those are some blasts from the past. I forgot how many people used to be here. I joined this site around 14 - 15 years ago and I still feel like one of the newbies. 

I think a lot of losing seasons (and some of the more abrasive posters being banned) thinned the herd some.  And for some real life simply took them in other directions.  I've been on other boards before, but this is the only one that I've stayed with for so long.  It's just as much fun for me now as it's always been.  Every now and then there's some serious clashes but it's because we all give a fvck.  

For me, the Devils are the team that I'm most passionate about, even when they suck with no real end to the suckage in sight.  You, me, a number of others...we all stuck through the lean years.  I'm also a Mets fan and a Pats fan, and as hard as I root for those teams, there's just something about my Devils fandom that's so purely "Next Level".  Part of it is that going to the games is so accessible (only about 45 mins each way most of the time)...I just don't have much desire to go to CitiField these days (it's such a PITA to get in and out of Flushing).  And trips up to Foxborough are of course more of a "Special Event" type of thing...I hope to go to a game next season.

Of course a lot of it is that my daughter enjoys it all too...that little girl who used to come up to my waist when I first started taking her to games (and who I couldn't let out of my sight) is now 5' 9" (I'm 6' 1") and in high school and just as stoked as I am because she's actually watching the Devils play a lot of good hockey...she's finally seeing HER team do that!  So I'm getting this extra buzz just out of that...same as when you first start playing Santa and it's you and your wife buying gifts and putting them under the tree and seeing the joy on her face and knowing WE brought her that joy.  Her happiness is MY happiness.   

17 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

And I was here after Covid...

I'm as confused as Damon is in his own zone, heh heh...what do you mean?  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I can already see the advanced stats that print on a ticker tape that comes out of his ass. 

who was the guy that showed up, screamed wildly at everything for like a week, and then left because he was a "well respected member at a much superior forum"? 

21 minutes ago, MB3 said:

who was the guy that showed up, screamed wildly at everything for like a week, and then left because he was a "well respected member at a much superior forum"? 

Glenwo or something like that.  He was a tad ridiculous.  

I'd forgotten about how ridiculous he was.  I'm sorry, if you manage to have a beef with a guy like @Devil Dan 56, who's about as easy as it gets to get along with...ya got some issues.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

7 minutes ago, MB3 said:

Omg I just remembered my homie @RSC. Where you at, dude?!?! 

Me, @RunninWithTheDeviland RSC were the three teenagers on this forum for a while. The two of them grew up into reasonable, respected posters.

I did not do that.

Me and you joined within weeks of each other. I felt awful because you're intro post said something along the lines of "I wanted to make my screen name MartysBetter (or MartysTheBest, something like that) but it was already taken."

My dude. I had already taken that screen name and forgot the password. 🤣

23 minutes ago, MB3 said:

16 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Glenwo or something like that.  He was a tad ridiculous.  

Oh man, remember that guy? He said he only signed up here because he got suspended at the site he usually used lol. 

5 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

Me and you joined within weeks of each other. I felt awful because you're intro post said something along the lines of "I wanted to make my screen name MartysBetter (or MartysTheBest, something like that) but it was already taken."

My dude. I had already taken that screen name and forgot the password. 🤣

hahahahahahahahah that's amazing

I tried MartysBetter. Couldn't so I had to make it MartysB3tt3tr but the username was so obnoxious because I always forgot where I put the "3s", and everyone started calling me MB3 anyway so I asked DM to change it. 

Origin was:

MartysBetter

"ah sh!t it's taken"

MartysB3tt3r

--Marty wins 552--

Martyisth3b3st

--This username is long and annoying--

MB3. 

Edited by MB3
  • Haha 2