GDT: Senators @ Devils, 7:00 pm Maybe Eight Isn’t Enough

Colorado Rockies 1976

Another team facing the Devils looking to snap an extended skid; if I’m a Devils’ opponent, I’m watching both Calgary games, because even though they didn’t win either game, they easily could have.  They made things a bit tougher for the Devils than anyone else has been able to during this 10-1 surge.

Curious to see when Vanecek gets his first game off; the schedule is actually reasonable enough that I can see him getting the next six games at least, as long as he doesn’t have a couple of rough ones in a row.

Anyway, this has been as fun of a stretch as any in quite some time; eventually it’s gotta end, but the schedule might help this thing go on just a little longer, so why not be a little greedy?  Get it done boys!

L G M F D!

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 2

LGD's.  We all know that this team will lose a few games here and there. Lindy's system is working well. Whatever tweaks the new assistants brought are contributing. We're playing so much better in D zone. As long as goaltending maintains. IMO, the most important piece.  Everybody gives up great scoring chances, & hope goalie bails him out. On Twitter at least, all the "fire Lindy" clowns have temporarily gone crickets after being called out by Biz Nasty & , , Sirius NHL talking heads, and fellow Devil fans.  (not that he (Biz) is a moral compass) 

39 minutes ago, vadvlfan said:

LGD's.  We all know that this team will lose a few games here and there. Lindy's system is working well. Whatever tweaks the new assistants brought are contributing. We're playing so much better in D zone. As long as goaltending maintains. IMO, the most important piece.  Everybody gives up great scoring chances, & hope goalie bails him out. On Twitter at least, all the "fire Lindy" clowns have temporarily gone crickets after being called out by Biz Nasty & , , Sirius NHL talking heads, and fellow Devil fans.  (not that he (Biz) is a moral compass) 

Don't be surprised if Lindy steps aside for Brunette after this season.  I strongly suspect Brunette and McGill are the ones calling the majority of the shots now.  I think Lindy in this structure is more like the grandfatherly type who's still there largely because his players do seem to genuinely like him, and while he may not necessarily be doing the heavy lifting re:  day-to-day coaching, he still has a role here.  But I won't be surprised if it's Brunette as the HC in 2023-24, with Brylin and McGill (assuming another team doesn't try to hire him to be their HC) as the top assistants.  

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Vanecek again per Amanda. 

Yeah as long as he’s not tired and is doing the job can’t imagine he takes a seat anytime soon.  Schedule isn’t that heavy over the next several games.

3 minutes ago, nessus said:

Would love for this to be a dominant effort. Kick these guys while they’re down. LGD!

Exactly, the close games where we come from behind or whatever are fun, but let’s just have a huge blowout, let’s have Jack do Jack things instead of falling on his bad skates, etc. 

• Like 1