GDT: Senators @ Devils, 7:00 pm Maybe Eight Isn’t Enough

Colorado Rockies 1976

1 minute ago, EdgeControl said:

Another goalie smashing his stick to pieces on the crossbar, love it

Yeah was thinking the same exact thing heh heh.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, MB3 said:

goaltending is the difference between this being a 6-2 win and a 3-3 game going to overtime.

Vanecek wasn’t bad at all but he left in a softie and only really made one big save. Forsberg has singlehandedly kept ottawa in the game.

And it was the difference in the Devils winning that OT and not losing it.  Happy for Schmid… what a way to get your first NHL win!

So I started the game way behind so I put my phone down and stayed away from reading this thread.  Just finished the game and holy sh!t, this team is so exciting. I don't think I've had this much fun watching regular season hockey since the A-Line was doing its thing.   Schmid came up huge!   Nico is a star and Zacha would converted at least one of those Haula chances 😋 

Edited by Lateralous
  • Haha 1

Nico, Bratt, and Hughes all have around 1 point/game or better. Dougie not too far behind that. What a great core we've got.

After tonight's game, I once again can't say enough good things about Nico.

We are really missing Palat, who should be the missing piece for Hughes and Bratt. It's not Haula's fault, but you've got to imagine someone else buries at least one of those chances.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Rob_Ottawa said:

It's not just about goals with Haula. He seems to have helped with improving faceoffs and he works hard every game unlike Zacha.

I was just joking.  He clearly has a lot of value but the chances he didn't convert tonight were pretty breathtaking 

5 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

It’s nice to see Gary Bettman excited about what we’re doing. 

Yeah he usually saves that for Sidney and the Pens.

47 minutes ago, MB3 said:

They know I am on tonight, my hips don't lie
And I'm starting to feel it's right

All the attraction, the tension

Don't you see, baby, this is perfection?

AKIRA, AKIRA! 

Not your best work, but my expectations may be too high, as it is always hard to write a follow up hit and Douglas “Dougie” Hamilton was such a banger. 

1 hour ago, Rob_Ottawa said:

It's not just about goals with Haula. He seems to have helped with improving faceoffs and he works hard every game unlike Zacha.

“Working hard” doesn’t entitle you to play top 6 minutes with the team’s best playmaker. Put him on the 3rd line where he belongs.