GDT: Devils @ Canadiens 7:00 pm Velcome Vack Vitek Vanecek

Colorado Rockies 1976

Time to try Mercer with Bratt and Hughes. Too many missed chances by Haula lately. We know Mercer has a lot of offensive upside, which he can unlock by playing with those two. Faceoffs and defensive play might take a hit, but it's probably worth it for the offense Mercer can add.

On another note, it's pretty amazing that Hughes, Bratt, and Hischier are all >1 point per game. Dougie is just off that pace. What a great core.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, nessus said:

On another note, it's pretty amazing that Hughes, Bratt, and Hischier are all >1 point per game. Dougie is just off that pace. What a great core.

And we have 2 blue chip prospects on their way soon. Sky is the limit for this team if they both pan out. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

This is the best way I’ve seen this put. My friends and family are Ranger fans if they follow hockey. This is the only place I can come to talk Devils hockey. I can come on here and say Severson sucks or I don’t like this decision by Lindy because that’s what it’s here for. My wife doesn’t give a flying crap about the 3rd line wing on the Devils or Brendan Smith passing into his own slot.

And honestly after watching this team each sh!t for a decade, I think it’s ok for us to enjoy the winning without it getting thrown in our faces that we weren’t cheering for Kenny Agostino during a 6-2 loss while we’re 30 points out of a playoff spot in January. 

This comment made me remember a phenom from that year but I couldn't quite recall his name. It just came to me...it was Cangi's favorite name to say that season. John-Sebastien Dea!

3 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

This comment made me remember a phenom from that year but I couldn't quite recall his name. It just came to me...it was Cangi's favorite name to say that season. John-Sebastien Dea!

Yeah he scored three goals through the season’s first four games in 2018-19, as the Devils started off 4-0 (outscoring teams 17-4).  He and the Devils went very quickly south after that.

5 minutes ago, Jerrydevil said:

I was also at that game, and it was complete dumb luck that I got to see Marty tie Roy. I bought those tickets months in advance on a planned trip to Montreal.

I was there as well. Back then I used to go to every Devils Saturday game in  Montreal so I was just lucky to have that happen at that game. I miss going to games in Montreal.

1 hour ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

We’ve just won 12.19% of the entire season’s worth games in this streak. Crazy 

The only thing that I can see costing the Devils a playoff spot at this point would be injuries to key players...the depth just isn't readily available at the moment to have to make do (and what team can really replace players like Nico or Jack?), but lost in the shuffle is that the Devils have done a hell of job without Palat in the lineup...so they've overcome that for now.  Kudos to Tatar for holding his own so far, after some rough games early.  He's one of five players to put up a PPG or better over this 10-game winning streak.

The kids must be having such a blast...Hischier and Bratt obviously got a sniff of the playoffs in their rookie year, but all these guys putting up numbers and contributing seemingly every day...those years of losing have to seem more and more like a distant speck in the rearview.

Poor Holtz...it's all right there in front of him, the team piling up wins, and he has no idea when he'll get to be a part of it.  And I think the Devils are handling him right, so it's not like I think he's being screwed over in the slightest.  If anything I'm sure that he's working that much harder, as he hopes to get into a game...and then find a way to get another one...and another one...

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Poor Holtz...it's all right there in front of him, the team piling up wins, and he has no idea when he'll get to be a part of it. 

You never know when that chance will come. Hopefully he can capitalize on the next chance. And yes, he's clearly been handled correctly.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jerrydevil said:

You never know when that chance will come. Hopefully he can capitalize on the next chance. And yes, he's clearly been handled correctly.

I think he's being given one hell of a crash course in how to be an NHLer.  I think we're finding out just how raw he really is, from that standpoint...almost like he's being broken down and then put back together again.  I also get the feeling he won't get any extended time in the AHL (not as part of any Plan A, anyway) because the Devils don't want him to get away with things that he won't be able to up here...they're doing EVERYTHING in their power to try to keep him from ever becoming a AAAA player.  

• Like 3

Seeing how the team is not just giving a spot to Holtz even if he's a top pick but still really investing in him. Mostly held back because of his skating/speed and decision making... even tough he produced a lot in the AHL... to me that's the nail in the coffin of Foote's potential NHL career... at least with us.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Seeing how the team is not just giving a spot to Holtz even if he's a top pick but still really investing in him. Mostly held back because of his skating/speed and decision making... even tough he produced a lot in the AHL... to me that's the nail in the coffin of Foote's potential NHL career... at least with us.

Why? They play on different sides of wing. Foote is a lefty and Holtz is a righty. 

14 minutes ago, RizzMB30 said:

Why? They play on different sides of wing. Foote is a lefty and Holtz is a righty. 

has nothing to do with what side they play. They just dont work in our system which is built on speed.

If you can't skate fast enough to keep up and execute at top speed. You're not going to work in this system.

I definitely don’t see Foote being a part of this team for the foreseeable future. I hope Holtz still has a chance. I don’t think he got a long enough look this year, but also I think it’s hard to make an argument as to who he should go in for. He may have to wait for the inevitable injury.