GDT: Devils @ Senators, 1:00 pm

Colorado Rockies 1976

Soooooo out of all of the Devils who took the ice today…guess which one managed to be a minus player?

Seriously, poor Seves…that guy leaves the ice after warmups and he’s probably already a -2…

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Soooooo out of all of the Devils who took the ice today…guess which one managed to be a minus player today?

Seriously, poor Seves…that guy leaves the ice after warmups and he’s probably already a -2…

It's not too horrible for a third-pair defenseman. :D

The Devils need a physical player. I have to imagine Bahl is going to work his way into the lineup at some point when the purple bar wills the team to come back down to earth but Idk if Bahl is the type to throw hands. The Devils need someone that will step up like Chara on this play on Seguin and send a message. Watson was doing whatever he wanted out there...and with Nemec, Hughes, and Holtz all on the sidelines but looking to join the team in the next 1-3 years the team seems to be moving further from tough, not closer.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

The Devils need a physical player. I have to imagine Bahl is going to work his way into the lineup at some point when the purple bar wills the team to come back down to earth but Idk if Bahl is the type to throw hands. The Devils need someone that will step up like Chara on this play on Seguin and send a message. Watson was doing whatever he wanted out there...and with Nemec, Hughes, and Holtz all on the sidelines but looking to join the team in the next 1-3 years the team seems to be moving further from tough, not closer.

Yeah agree, and the lack of the Devils pushing back hard against Watson was the lone black mark on this win…but this sh!t cannot continue.  Guys can’t just take runs at the Devils’ best players with zero consequences.  

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Jerrydevil said:

It's tough. Sandpaper is in short supply in the NHL. You could probably get Austin Watson. Maybe Tyce Thompson can get a chance.

Tyce Thompson? :lol:

image.thumb.jpeg.f83c3010d25222887166117a1c4ba757.jpeg

If that’s where we’re looking for some toughness we’re in serious trouble lol. Kid is like a buck 75 soaking wet, and looks like he was a member of the drama club. 

• Like 1

Just now, Nicomo said:

image.thumb.jpeg.f83c3010d25222887166117a1c4ba757.jpegIf that’s where we’re looking for some toughness we’re in serious trouble lol. Kid is like a buck 75 soaking wet, and looks like he was a member of the drama club. 

No, he's not going to be an enforcer. He is aggressive, though, and might fit in well with how this team plays because he has speed. 

Like I said before, you could probably get Watson if you really wanted him. Is it that big a deal that we acquire the 2022 version of an enforcer? Don't we have a fourth line that can answer another team's physical play with our own physical play?

Just now, Rob_Ottawa said:

Best scenario would be a vicious stay at home defenseman who sometimes throws down the gloves.  That way he can maybe be on the ice to police things rather than taking up a forward spot. Can we groom Bahl into that?

I’m not sure that’s something you can train someone to be. Some guys just have that nasty in them. Honestly I would rather not have 90% of those guys on my team, there are not a lot of Tom Wilsons out there. 

But there are a couple. 

49021079062_84ed6e7f1e_b.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I’m not sure that’s something you can train someone to be. Some guys just have that nasty in them. Honestly I would rather not have 90% of those guys on my team, there are not a lot of Tom Wilsons out there. 

But there are a couple. 

49021079062_84ed6e7f1e_b.jpg

This one too, but doubt he will help:

image.jpeg.eb0e778191401a566b23dcd8e7be9ecc.jpeg

19 minutes ago, Rob_Ottawa said:

Best scenario would be a vicious stay at home defenseman who sometimes throws down the gloves.  That way he can maybe be on the ice to police things rather than taking up a forward spot. Can we groom Bahl into that?

There was a time when almost every team had a defenseman like this. Some of them were good players and some were Rich Pilon.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Yeah agree, and the lack of the Devils pushing back hard against Watson was the lone black mark on this win…but this sh!t cannot continue.  Guys can’t just take runs at the Devils’ best players with zero consequences.  

Rick Tocchet gave a great interview about this a few weeks ago. He said late in the season they were playing the Rangers and one of their goons was running around trying to hit all of their star players and skill guys. So Tocchet skated over to the Rangers bench and said loudly to Brian Leetch “tell your guy to cut it out, because pretty soon I’m going to fight him, but before I fight him I’m going to beat the fvcking sh!t out of YOU.” 

Tocchet said the guy didn’t even try to throw a check the rest of the game lol. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MB3 said:

Rick Tocchet gave a great interview about this a few weeks ago. He said late in the season they were playing the Rangers and one of their goons was running around trying to hit all of their star players and skill guys. So Tocchet skated over to the Rangers bench and said loudly to Brian Leetch “tell your guy to cut it out, because pretty soon I’m going to fight him, but before I fight him I’m going to beat the fvcking sh!t out of YOU.” 

Tocchet said the guy didn’t even try to throw a check the rest of the game lol. 

I was thinking with this type of mentality right after the initial incident occurred. Miles Wood was this type of guy. I don't know what happened.

• Like 1

Went home and watched the game. Accidentally recorded the canadian feed. Thought you’d be interested to hear what two mouth breathing idiots had to say about our team: 

• The streak is impressive, mostly because the Devils are getting every bounce and winning every game by the skin of their teeth. 
  • This Devils team goes as far as MacKenzie Blackwood takes them. 
  • It would be unlikely for the streak to continue, consider how many big scoring chances the Devils give up every game. 
  • The Senators were a Claude Giroux crossbar away from “dominating” this hockey game. 
  • And my favorite…… when the challenge reversed the call and took a Devils goal off the board, “this feels like the time for Ottawa to pounce. New Jersey isn’t quite used to seeing bounces go the other way.” 

2 hours ago, Nicomo said:

image.thumb.jpeg.f83c3010d25222887166117a1c4ba757.jpeg

If that’s where we’re looking for some toughness we’re in serious trouble lol. Kid is like a buck 75 soaking wet, and looks like he was a member of the drama club. 

Yup, he’s the 5th kid in the stranger Things kids’ D&D party, but he couldn’t make it on the days everything happened because he had hockey practice.