GDT: Oilers @ Devils, 7:00 pm You Can Do IIIIIIIIIIIIT!

Colorado Rockies 1976

image.thumb.png.8aabbb0c4f65fe9af02f25130a112d57.png

image.jpeg.0bd938f7c70d02f123947953bfa16a0b.jpeg

image.jpeg.21c48057da9deda43e7136f03cfbb84d.jpeg

Tough one tonight, obviously…Oilers are giving them up in bunches but we all know they can score in bunches too.  Glad VV got a little extra rest by not playing on Saturday…hopefully he can continue his own personal streak (8 wins and counting).  Would love to see Dawson find the net tonight.

L G M F D!!!

• Like 8

15 minutes ago, RizzMB30 said:

I didn't believe in purple bar, but now I am beginning to believe. 

If nothing else, in an sports era where so many things feel “forced” (the Diablos, the need to squeeze so many Easter eggs into jersey designs, etc), it’s a lot of fun that something that started so accidentally simple (me not being able to delete some purple bar remnant from a GDT post) turned into an actual THING.  Love when sh!t like this just happens organically.  

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

If nothing else, in an sports era where so many things feel “forced” (the Diablos, the need to squeeze so many Easter eggs into jersey designs, etc), it’s a lot of fun that something that started so accidentally simple (me not being able to delete some purple bar remnant from a GDT post) turned into an actual THING.  Love when sh!t like this just happens organically.  

you didn’t choose the purple bar, the purple bar chose you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

41 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Just don’t let the Devils management hear about it or we’ll have to get $18.00 bud lights at the Purple Bar behind section 125 and they’ll start selling light up purple headbands and ALRIGHT DEVILS FANS GET UP AND WAVE THOSE PURPLE TOWELS

• Haha 1
  • Angry 1

33 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Just don’t let the Devils management hear about it or we’ll have to get $18.00 bud lights at the Purple Bar behind section 125 and they’ll start selling light up purple headbands and ALRIGHT DEVILS FANS GET UP AND WAVE THOSE PURPLE TOWELS

I am considering getting my next jersey with a purple bar in place of where the name goes on the back. 

19 minutes ago, MB3 said:

maybe the real purple bar is the friendships we made along the way.

Friends of Multnomah County Library

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Smith: Pffff i'm an adult. I do what i want! 

but but but his advanced stats show he's like the best defenseman in the nhl. ignore the eye test, your eyes lie to you. when you see him flailing his stick 25 feet out of position and skating like a beer leaguer who's sucked a few pops down before the game, your eyes are deceiving you -- he's actually prime Scott Niedermayer. 

9 minutes ago, MB3 said:

but but but his advanced stats show he's like the best defenseman in the nhl. ignore the eye test, your eyes lie to you. when you see him flailing his stick 25 feet out of position and skating like a beer leaguer who's sucked a few pops down before the game, your eyes are deceiving you -- he's actually prime Scott Niedermayer. 

I doubt there are ANY numbers anywhere that can prop him up heh heh.

Was thinking about this and the good news is that should the Devils choose to upgrade that spot short-term (for the stretch drive) and aren’t sold on any of their kids (Bahl or Okhotiuk) for this season, Fitz can probably find someone for a mid-round pick and a couple of Utes who have no chance here (say, a 4th-rounder and Walsh for some decent vet on an expiring contract, who doesn’t figure to be re-signed by his current team).

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

45 minutes ago, devlman said:

Let’s go Devils. Hope MSG lets us hear what should be a great atmosphere tonight.

Will be there on 11/23 and 11/26.  Would've loved to have gone tonight (HFC), but my daughter has tennis from 5 - 7 pm, and as some know (and can relate), school nights are tougher, when high school homework loads rear their ugly heads.

• Like 3