GDT: Leafs @ Devils, 11/23 7 pm Time To Set A Record

Colorado Rockies 1976

3 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

This new act where you paint yourself as THE voice of reason has really gotta stop.  

Honestly ask yourself if someone pointing out that the league is not rigged against your team is REALLY someone painting himself as the voice of reason, rather than just pointing out the obvious.

Or if you perceive it that way because you simply hate having your ridiculously biased and irrational takes challenged? Do you HONESTLY think the NHL is rigged against the Devils? come on now. 

Just now, SterioDesign said:

Honestly ask yourself if someone pointing out that the league is not rigged against your team is REALLY someone painting himself as the voice of reason, rather than just pointing out the obvious.

Or if you perceive it that way because you simply hate having your ridiculously biased and irrational takes challenged? Do you HONESTLY think the NHL is rigged against the Devils? come on now. 

That narrative has been espoused here for years. It’s nonsensical. 

For the record, I think the first call-off was bullsh!t, the second one may have been right. 

Had to start the game on delay and just caught up.  

I don’t think I’ve ever gone to the terrible reffing well, but tonight has been absolutely infuriating.  I almost lost it when the Leafs turned a 3 on 2 into a 2 on 1 by basically tying up Hischier on the back check.   

• Like 1

Just now, SterioDesign said:

Cmon guys. We are just pissed. At least one goal should have been confirmed. They are not crisp and getting no puck luck. It's about time to show what they are made of. 

Yep that’s it, even though I have plenty of meaningful back-and-forth difference-of-opinion debates with several members here, once Sterio challenges me I’ve met my match.

Anyway, Devils started loading up on shots and better opportunities in that second period, maybe they build off that.  Still one hell of a run even if they don’t get it done tonight.

L G M F D!!!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

That narrative has been espoused here for years. It’s nonsensical. 

For the record, I think the first call-off was bullsh!t, the second one may have been right. 

I don’t necessarily believe the NHL has it fully out for the Devils, but man it does feel like a number of “Huh what?” calls go against them.  Enough to be flustered, anyway.  And sometimes it’s just emotions in the moment.  

Just now, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I don’t necessarily believe the NHL has it fully out for the Devils, but man it does feel like a number of “Huh what?” calls go against them.  Enough to be flustered, anyway.  And sometimes it’s just emotions in the moment.  

Certainly enough to be flustered, especially when they are coming so tightly grouped. 

1 minute ago, DevilMinder said:

Calm down everyone its Thanksgiving Eve... peace ,love and give thanks  ;)

Yeah like I said, even if it ends tonight…what a RUN.  And what a first quarter to this 2022-23 season.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

There will be no emotions permitted going forward. Only purely logic-based discourse here on out. If the team loses you are allowed one “darn it” 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Imagine that. In a GDT of all places!

Just now, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Yep that’s it, even though I have plenty of meaningful back-and-forth difference-of-opinion debates with several members here, once Sterio challenges me I’ve met my match.

Anyway, Devils started loading up on shots and better opportunities in that second period, maybe they build off that.  Still one hell of a run even if they don’t get it done tonight.

L G M F D!!!

I responded to your post calmly that the refs are bad in general and not simply against us. And that we should focus on encouraging the team so they come back in the game. And i pointed out that Tatar's goal last game was offside to prove that it really goes both ways.

Instead of engaging with that. You mocked me and then accused me of painting myself as THE voice of reason and has to stop.

#1 display of meaningful back-and-forth difference-of-opinion debate

5 minutes ago, DevilMinder said:

Calm down everyone its Thanksgiving Eve... peace ,love and give thanks  ;)

2 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Yeah like I said, even if it ends tonight…what a RUN.  And what a first quarter to this 2022-23 season.  

These games are going to happen during the course of an 82 game season and there's nothing about this game so far to suggest we're about to turn into a pumpkin, but this is one of those nights, building is full, place is ready to explode.  I so badly wanted to go to this one but couldn't pull it off.  Should be a great night for Devils fans but you end up wanting to stick a fork in your eye.  That's what's so frustrating, especially against fvcking Toronto.  

Hopefully the 3rd goes our way.   LFGD 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

These games are going to happen during the course of an 82 game season and there's nothing about this game so far to suggest we're about to turn into a pumpkin, but this is one of those nights, building is full, place is ready to explode.  I so badly wanted to go to this one but couldn't pull it off.  Should be a great night for Devils fans but you end up wanting to stick a fork in your eye.  That's what's so frustrating, especially against fvcking Toronto.  

Hopefully the 3rd goes our way.   LFGD 

Yeah more of a “not going their way” kind of night so far.  And yeah those absolutely happen over the course of a season.

• Like 1

its just very inconsistent. I can sort of see an argument for the first goal being good or not, could have went either way IMO. But i also remember countless examples across the years where similar things happened and calls are all over the place, its super inconsistent overall

i will always remember way back we were playing Pittsburgh. And someone took a shot from the point and Zajac literally put his stick in Fleury's glove and dropped it and the puck went in above the glove. It was challenged but we STILL got the goal after review lol I honestly don't see how you dont disallow that one and then disallow this one today. The goalie was still able to push his pad