GDT: Leafs @ Devils, 11/23 7 pm Time To Set A Record

Colorado Rockies 1976

36 minutes ago, devlman said:

Two things on the Bastian goal:

1. Murray NEVER once looked at the ref or complained immediately after the goal. 

2. There is NO way in hell that the ref saw skate on skate contact from his angle. It is barely perceptible and even debatable on slow motion replay. It never stops Murray’s momentum. So what the hell was the ref deeming to be interference?

Good point here. The ref probably had his invisible binoculars on when he called that 

2 minutes ago, Devils01 said:

Curious.. what do you guys think of boquist? Kinda tired of seeing him with the team. He doesn’t bring much and barley noticeable tonight. Can’t wait for Palat to come back.

I think you answered your own question.   He's a placeholder for Palat.    

7 hours ago, MB3 said:

wanna know something funny? 

this was the head official’s third ever nhl game. 

and

he was born in toronto haahhhhhhahaaahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaa

2 of those 3 non goalie calls were actually correct. First one was also borderline correct, but it was a very weak call. 

You cant run into the goalie in the trapezoid and expect that goal to count. It's auto interference and the correct non penalty call was made.   The 3rd was also very obvious after the first replay showed it went into the net without touching the othe devils stick.  Thought everyone knew that rule.  

As a goalie I'm arguing for that first call all day if there's review in my leagues. I don't actually expect to win it, but it is what it is. 

The "fans" throwing sh!t onto the rink was really classless imo.  We may not like the calls, but that's just acting like a$$holes.  

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Devils01 said:

Curious.. what do you guys think of boquist? Kinda tired of seeing him with the team. He doesn’t bring much and barley noticeable tonight. Can’t wait for Palat to come back.

I think he sucks ass. 

8 hours ago, Lateralous said:

I think you answered your own question.   He's a placeholder for Palat.    

I wish that was true, but he’s been here 4 years…

8 hours ago, MB3 said:

wanna know something funny? 

this was the head official’s third ever nhl game. 

and

he was born in toronto haahhhhhhahaaahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaa

So this guy AND Chris Rooney doing a game and weird sh!t happens?  Color me shocked.  This was worse than a Jet-Patriot game in terms of officiating.

6 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

It was bothering me so I looked it up. I guess this was the old rule, from October 2011

530AC405-61E0-4C47-8A88-A247C02350F7.thumb.jpeg.6af81217c8d1d2e4c3bd39610cf6fa07.jpeg

Per Rue 49.2 (ii):

(ii) A kicked puck that deflects off the stick of any player (excluding the goalkeeper’s stick) shall be ruled a good goal.

The league changes the rules all the time because it's run by morons, they probably changed it since then. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Yeah the rule posted last night was different 

Whats different from what i posted right after the call? It's the exact same thing

12 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

The following should clarify deflections following a kicked puck that enters the goal:

(i) A kicked puck that deflects off the body of any player of either team (including the goalkeeper) shall be ruled no goal. 

(ii) A kicked puck that deflects off the stick of any player (excluding the goalkeeper’s stick) shall be ruled a good goal.

31 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

It was bothering me so I looked it up. I guess this was the old rule, from October 2011

Per Rue 49.2 (ii):

(ii) A kicked puck that deflects off the stick of any player (excluding the goalkeeper’s stick) shall be ruled a good goal.
Edited by SterioDesign

4 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Whats different from what i posted right after the call? It's the exact same thing

Yup, that is still a goal under today’s rules because the stick was involved. A distinction is made between a guy’s stick and the rest of his body (hehehe). 

2 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Yup, that is still a goal under today’s rules because the stick was involved. A distinction is made between a guy’s stick and the rest of his body (hehehe). 

Well i just don't understand the claim that "it changed over the years or that it wasn't what was posted last night"

It's been the same thing all along? 

1 minute ago, SterioDesign said:

Well i just don't understand the claim that "it changed over the years or that it wasn't what was posted last night"

Nobody was reading our posts as to what the rules are, as they were content to be outraged by the deliberate conspiracy against us.  Stuff like “accuracy” and “the actual rules” kind of went out the window and opinions were posted as if they knew the rules when clear they did not. 

Which led to mass confusion about what the actual rules are, or at least blatant disregard because it was easier to be pissed. Which is fine, everyone can “fan” their own way. 

13 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

9 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Nobody was reading our posts as to what the rules are, as they were content to be outraged by the deliberate conspiracy against us.  Stuff like “accuracy” and “the actual rules” kind of went out the window and opinions were posted as if they knew the rules when clear they did not. 

Which led to mass confusion about what the actual rules are, or at least blatant disregard because it was easier to be pissed. Which is fine, everyone can “fan” their own way. 

Mfitz pointed out the part I missed. I thought that in the mess of stuff it hit after Haula kicked it, the kick was negated because it hit a Toronto player, but mfitz pointed out that the rule differentiates between a stick and a players body or other equipment. My misunderstanding was that ANY contact with an opposing player negated the kick, but now I see that it’s only when it hits a stick. It’s dumb but it’s definitely a no-goal by the rules as written.