Jump to content

GDT: Leafs @ Devils, 11/23 7 pm Time To Set A Record


Colorado Rockies 1976
 Share

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

I was planning on bringing tear gas to the next game I go to too; guess that’s out the window now 🤣

I mean by all means bring it, just throw it somewhere other than on the ice and you are all good. I suggest the family bathroom, apparently you can do ANYTHING in the family bathroom. 

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

 

Mfitz pointed out the part I missed. I thought that in the mess of stuff it hit after Haula kicked it, the kick was negated because it hit a Toronto player, but mfitz pointed out that the rule differentiates between a stick and a players body or other equipment. My misunderstanding was that ANY contact with an opposing player negated the kick, but now I see that it’s only when it hits a stick. It’s dumb but it’s definitely a no-goal by the rules as written. 

That is what the rule should be. If you can intentionally kick the puck off of your opponent, and still get it past the goalie and score, that’s amazing and you deserve your goal. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Two other issues that compounded the frustration in the arena:

1. The referees don’t even explain their ruling after a review. When they do, it’s the most half-assed, illiterate sounding effort.
2. Replays are rarely shown on the big board, and in review situations they show it once and at the worst angle they can find.

All the fans know is that 3 goals were disallowed just because.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, devlman said:

Two other issues that compounded the frustration in the arena:

1. The referees don’t even explain their ruling after a review. When they do, it’s the most half-assed, illiterate sounding effort.
2. Replays are rarely shown on the big board, and in review situations they show it once and at the worst angle they can find.

All the fans know is that 3 goals were disallowed just because.

I think there should be a better explanation at the game, but honestly, I don’t think enough people would be like “ok cool, explanation received”, the crowd would still be pissed. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Nobody was reading our posts as to what the rules are, as they were content to be outraged by the deliberate conspiracy against us.  Stuff like “accuracy” and “the actual rules” kind of went out the window and opinions were posted as if they knew the rules when clear they did not. 

Which led to mass confusion about what the actual rules are, or at least blatant disregard because it was easier to be pissed. Which is fine, everyone can “fan” their own way. 

Dude, your whole painting yourself as THE voice of reason and this whole non-sense of posting rational and factual things in here has to stop.

This is the internet, where we're allowed to say the most irrational and non-sense things and NOBODY has the right to contradict or challenge that or else THEY are the problem for simply trying to be fair. THEY are the ones who then cannot have an opinion and share it.

You can say that we were robbed of the cup in the finals in 96 against the Whalers! Doesnt matter that it's completely untrue. I'm emotional and passionate and i believe it so it's becoming factual. If you still challenge it with facts and rational explanations, you're Hitler, you're gatekeeping and telling me how to be a fan!

Shut the fvck up ❤️ 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Dude, your whole painting yourself as THE voice of reason and this whole non-sense of posting rational and factual things in here has to stop.

This is the internet, where we're allowed to say the most irrational and non-sense things and NOBODY has the right to contradict or challenge that or else THEY are the problem for simply trying to be fair. THEY are the ones who then cannot have an opinion and share it.

You can say that we were robbed of the cup in the finals in 96 against the Whalers! Doesnt matter that it's completely untrue. I'm emotional and passionate and i believe it so it's becoming factual. If you still challenge it with facts and rational explanations, you're Hitler, you're gatekeeping and telling me how to be a fan!

Shut the fvck up ❤️ 

100% wrong, sh!tty take. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, devlman said:

Two other issues that compounded the frustration in the arena:

1. The referees don’t even explain their ruling after a review. When they do, it’s the most half-assed, illiterate sounding effort.
2. Replays are rarely shown on the big board, and in review situations they show it once and at the worst angle they can find.

All the fans know is that 3 goals were disallowed just because.

I said it before but the MLS has gone out of their way to be super transparent. When I'm at a Red Bulls game they show the same exact footage the ref is reviewing on his monitor on the big video board. It makes everything super clear and while yes people still don't always agree at least they aren't hiding anything. 

Edited by Satans Hockey
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Dude, your whole painting yourself as THE voice of reason and this whole non-sense of posting rational and factual things in here has to stop.

This is the internet, where we're allowed to say the most irrational and non-sense things and NOBODY has the right to contradict or challenge that or else THEY are the problem for simply trying to be fair. THEY are the ones who then cannot have an opinion and share it.

You can say that we were robbed of the cup in the finals in 96 against the Whalers! Doesnt matter that it's completely untrue. I'm emotional and passionate and i believe it so it's becoming factual. If you still challenge it with facts and rational explanations, you're Hitler, you're gatekeeping and telling me how to be a fan!

Shut the fvck up ❤️ 

I don’t know why you feel the need to antagonize people here when they are clearly wrapped up in the moment of a game. People literally come here to blow off steam during a game as it happens. Even now that people have calmed down you’re still up on your high horse. 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, MB3 said:

yeah i’m fvcking angry again lol 

But on this play, the attacking player actually tries to avoid contact. If you watch, you see him completely move his right leg out of the way, only to catch Blackwood’s left leg with his LEFT skate. It’s much easier to say he tried to avoid contact, where Tatar made NO effort to avoid Murray. 

So what you are seeing is actually consistent enforcement of the rule, and whoever posted that on Reddit has no idea what they are talking about. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

But on this play, the attacking player actually tries to avoid contact. If you watch, you see him completely move his right leg out of the way, only to catch Blackwood’s left leg with his LEFT skate. It’s much easier to say he tried to avoid contact, where Tatar made NO effort to avoid Murray. 

So what you are seeing is actually consistent enforcement of the rule, and whoever posted that on Reddit has no idea what they are talking about. 

I wouldn’t call moving a leg ‘making an effort’ when the collision is a result of the rest of your body hitting the goalie as you skate full speed into him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, EdgeControl said:

if youre going to snap a streak, best thing is to do it with a chip on your shoulder.. boys will come out strong, not content

They better come out wanting to play a first period now. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, devlman said:

I wouldn’t call moving a leg ‘making an effort’ when the collision is a result of the rest of your body hitting the goalie as you skate full speed into him.

lmao this.

if tomas tatar yelled “ope! on your right!” would the goal have counted?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, MB3 said:

lmao this.

if tomas tatar yelled “ope! on your right!” would the goal have counted?

He should have done something other than plow into the goalie. 

22 minutes ago, devlman said:

I wouldn’t call moving a leg ‘making an effort’ when the collision is a result of the rest of your body hitting the goalie as you skate full speed into him.

He literally moved his leg out of the way and there was still contact. It’s exactly what is described by the rule. It was a reasonable effort. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

I feel like this one was taken from us by the refs. That first goal should never have been waved off. 

I feel the same with goal when Murray was out of the crease.  This is the ruling from the NHL rule book.

Read 2.B

DD768B07-38AD-4CC6-B422-3988A2CF81AC.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Puckbuster said:

I feel the same with goal when Murray was out of the crease.  This is the ruling from the NHL rule book.

Read 2.B

DD768B07-38AD-4CC6-B422-3988A2CF81AC.png

That is just the table that is ancillary to the rule. The rule requires a reasonable effort to avoid contact. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

I don’t know why you feel the need to antagonize people here when they are clearly wrapped up in the moment of a game. People literally come here to blow off steam during a game as it happens. Even now that people have calmed down you’re still up on your high horse. 

Cause it's a 2 way street. If you'd pay any attention you'd know i'm as much on the receiving end of mockeries and being antagonized for my opinions and things i say here. So why wouldn't i give it back when i get a chance? honestly, why? 

Also it's always someone saying something absolutely bonkers... and i'd come in like "well... to be fair..." very calmly and respectfully. And i get jumped on and insulted for that. And that constant narrative that i'm PREVENTING people from saying stuff, i say it every single time that its complete bullsh!t. Yet you guys keep on bringing that up anytime i try to make a point just to get a conversation going. So yeah, being treated like thats is 90% of the reason why i don't hold back and actually play that game too. 

There's a awful lot of folks here who love to dish but they certainly can't take. 

 

Edited by SterioDesign
Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

There's a awful lot of folks here who love to dish but they certainly can't take. 

 

People were misquoting the rules, you posted the actual text of the rules, and you got called a gatekeeper. 

If anyone thinks for a second that you get a fair shake on this website, they don’t read it very closely. Anything you say gets blasted. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

Cause it's a 2 way street. If you'd pay any attention you'd know i'm as much on the receiving end of mockeries and being antagonized for my opinions and things i say here. So why wouldn't i give it back when i get a chance? honestly, why? 

Also it's always someone saying something absolutely bonkers... and i'd come in like "well... to be fair..." very calmly and respectfully. And i get jumped on and insulted for that. And that constant narrative that i'm PREVENTING people from saying stuff, i say it every single time that its complete bullsh!t. Yet you guys keep on bringing that up anytime i try to make a point just to get a conversation going. So yeah, being treated like thats is 90% of the reason why i don't hold back and actually play that game too. 

There's a awful lot of folks here who love to dish but they certainly can't take. 

 

Come down off the cross. No one cares about you making a point. If you’re going to tell people how they should react in the heat of a game, they are gonna give it back to you. You can’t do the whole high and mighty contrarian thing and then go all “pikachu shocked face” when someone takes exception. That’s just Sean Avery stuff.

And of course there’s no league conspiracy against the Devils, we all know that. But we’ve had 11 goals called back in 20 games and 3 in one game so yeah, people are gonna be upset. Us vs them is literally the basis of sports. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.