GDT - Devils @ Sabres 11/25/22 8:00pm MSGSN

NJDfan1711

On 11/23/2022 at 11:16 PM, NJDfan1711 said:

Let a new streak begin (please)! 

I haven't made a gameday thread this year, and I sure as hell have some big ass shoes to fill with what CR did, but should this team win on Friday I will do my damnedest to live up to the standard that has been set.

Interesting to see who gets the start in net since we'll be on a back to back.

May i add... a winning streak (please)!

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

In the preshow they showed 5 goals for biggest goal in Devils history, Mac goal in 88, Nieds coast to coast in Detroit 95, Arnott game 6 goal in 00, Frisen goal in Ottawa game 7 in 03 and Henrique 12.... Arnott is the biggest one to me, hard to top an ot cup clincher 

Yes, Arnott's goal is easily the biggest goal in Devils history, also considering the monumental play that Elias made to create that scoring chance.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

In the preshow they showed 5 goals for biggest goal in Devils history, Mac goal in 88, Nieds coast to coast in Detroit 95, Arnott game 6 goal in 00, Frisen goal in Ottawa game 7 in 03 and Henrique 12.... Arnott is the biggest one to me, hard to top an ot cup clincher 

I have no issue with the top 5, although maybe I'd take out Niedermayer's goal (as great as it was) for Lemieux's blue line slapper against Philly in Game 5 of the 1995 ECF, because that goal turned the series in our favor and is one of the most memorable goals a Devil has scored. I'd put Marty's empty net goal against Montreal right outside the top 5.

I've seen several top 10 or top 20 goal lists for the Devils, and Valeri Zelepukin's goal to tie the Ranger game in the closing seconds of regulation in Game 7 of the 1994 ECF doesn't get enough love because we lost in double overtime. If we won that game, it'd easily be in the top 5, but given the dramatic nature of that goal, it should be mentioned more often regardless.

Edited by Jerrydevil
  • Like 1