GDT - Devils @ Sabres 11/25/22 8:00pm MSGSN

NJDfan1711

Just now, Satans Hockey said:

Even if you somehow don't think he should be paid more than Nico or Jack he's still scoring more than both of them. 

As I noted above, the better argument is that Jack and Nico are underpaid, if Bratt is getting $8.5-9m, I don’t think that’s an overpayment even though it’s more than Nico and Jack get. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I think the probability is high that he comes back healthy, plays a few games and demonstrates that, and he is moved to someone who has a goalie injury situation, maybe for a better return than we might expect. 

Admittedly it took me too long to come around on Blackwood, but I firmly believe that he is worth more to the Devils than he would fetch on the trade block. An oft-injured, up-and-down goalie on an expiring contract isn’t getting more than a 3rd, and I don’t want any more picks. 

Trading Blackwood would put the Devils a Vanecek injury away from more “who the fvck is this guy” games. The team is too good for that. 

Let Schmid develop in the minors with Daws and know he’s reliable when called on.

5 minutes ago, devlman said:

Another game were we absolutely dominate, eye test and advanced metrics, and we still end up with 1 powerplay? How are we bottom half of the league in powerplay time?

someone take the bait lmao 

1 minute ago, MB3 said:

Admittedly it took me too long to come around on Blackwood, but I firmly believe that he is worth more to the Devils than he would fetch on the trade block. An oft-injured, up-and-down goalie on an expiring contract isn’t getting more than a 3rd, and I don’t want any more picks. 

Trading Blackwood would put the Devils a Vanecek injury away from more “who the fvck is this guy” games. The team is too good for that. 

Let Schmid develop in the minors with Daws and know he’s reliable when called on.

someone take the bait lmao 

Might be true. 

Just now, pumpkin cutter said:

bratts ass is gone if he wants more than nico. if we pay him more then i am done with this team. 

weirdest hill to die on of all time and i’ve seen people turn blue in the face convincing me that Kyle Palmieri was part of our future. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pumpkin cutter said:

bratts ass is gone if he wants more than nico. if we pay him more then i am done with this team. 

Who is replacing Bratt's production then? You just watched almost an entire decade of sh!t and you're gonna be mad they signed a guy who is leading the team in points in our best start to a season ever. Holy sh!t lol

Edited by Satans Hockey
  • Like 1

Just now, pumpkin cutter said:

There is zero possibility he doesn’t want more than Nico. I can’t even tell if you are being serious, that’s such a ridiculous take. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, MB3 said:

This has to be a troll right? Lmao man come on. The Devils absolutely dominated play for the first 40 minutes, controlling the puck almost all game and peppering 35 shots on the Buffalo goalie and they still went into the 3rd with a special teams deficit. They also faced a goalie who stood on his head. 

I don’t think anything was egregious but I’m confused how you could possibly say “the devils got lucky calls and lucky bounces” unless you’re just trying to be antagonistic in which case, it worked I guess lol.

Dude this is what im talking about and also what mfitz brought up cause he's seeing it too. You absolutely filter literally anything i say through some fvcked up filter to flip it as if im saying something bad, dumb or negative every time.

Why did you have to read what i said like i was saying something negative? Everything you said was already brought up in here. We played well, didnt take dumb penalties, our goalie played great, etc etc. I added that the reviewed situations went our way. The offside was close but it went our way, our goalie didn't fully have control of the puck but it was whistled before marino knocked it in our net with the puck but at the same time our goalie was shoved in the net.

Then a few times the Sabres had a real good opportunity and they fvcked up like missing the net or wtv. Which i'd call "lucky".

Edited by SterioDesign

Just now, Lateralous said:

Between inflation and the cap going up significantly in the next few years, I don’t think you can hold the line at Nico and Jacks contracts 

Nico has a $7.25m cap hit. He wouldn’t give Bratt $7.5m? There is no way Bratt is taking less than $8m, and maybe not less than $9m. 

• Like 2

Just now, SterioDesign said:

Dude this is what im talking about. You absolutely filter literally anything i say through some fvcked up filter to flip it as if im saying something bad, dumb or negative every time.

Why did you have to read what i said like i was saying something negative? Everything you said was already brought up in here. We played well, didnt take dumb penalties, our goalie played great, etc etc. I added that the reviewed situations went our way. The offside was close but it went our way, our goalie didn't fully have control of the puck but it was whistled before marino knocked it in our net with the puck but at the same time our goalie was shoved in the net.

Then a few times the Sabres had a real good opportunity and they fvcked up like missing the net or wtv. Which i'd call "lucky".

I really do like you and really did not mean to come off like an ass. I thought you were trolling. Turns out you weren’t, my bad, we’re all good. 

15 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

1. Very mature of this team to come out and win in this fashion after the big win streak was broken with an absolute sh!t show on Wednesday.   

2.  It might be unfair to Blackwood but just like Severson, I see him as a guy we need to move on from going forward.  Unlike Severson, I don’t think it’s necessary to let him finish out the season.  If we could get a 3rd, he would be gone tomorrow if I’m GM.  Im fine with Schmid as backup 

3.  Do we know Bratt is looking to break the bank vs him just knowing last summer that he was capable of so much more and wanting to be paid as such?   Even if he’s pushing the envelope, as long as we’re not pulling a Kyle Dubas, I don’t mind Fitz going a little high to keep our guy.  

Regarding your second point, I don’t see how it’s necessary Severson finishes the season. His reputation still surpasses his actual level to the point where we can do well to trade him and fill his 14 mins with a run of the mill rental. Him and Blackwood can fetch a decent haul.

5 minutes ago, MB3 said:

pumpkin cutter suffers ten years of laughingstock hockey only to jump off the bandwagon right as the team turns into a dynamo would be peak comedy though 

cmon. I've been sh!ttin on this team for years! 

2 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Didn’t you see? He’s getting us Timo Meier. 

no lets pay lil bratt a ton! 

Just now, Satans Hockey said:

Also want to apologize to Tatar, so proud of him from turning into being a great player for us instead of a pre-season and practice all star. I never saw it coming but I absolutely love to be wrong when it means the team is winning. 

Definitely not something I saw coming. But I’m glad he’s contributing. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Satans Hockey said:

Also want to apologize to Tatar, so proud of him from turning into being a great player for us instead of a pre-season and practice all star. I never saw it coming but I absolutely love to be wrong when it means the team is winning. 

Even Smith is playing much better lately. This team is starting to look - dare I say - well coached. 

• Like 1
  • Shocking 1

Just now, Devil Dan 56 said:

Hey listen, I’ll take a decade of losing, but paying one of our best players is where I draw the line. 

Especially not willing to do that when we are poised to save a few million when Severson is gone and replaced by an entry level contract. 

Just now, mfitz804 said:

Definitely not something I saw coming. But I’m glad he’s contributing. 

Based on how his final year in Montreal wrapped up and his first full season here, did anyone expect him to play this well?  Even early on it looked like same ol same ol.  Yeah good for him.

Just now, Nicomo said:

Even Smith is playing much better lately. This team is starting to look - dare I say - well coached. 

He has looked better, but tonight’s goal, again, he was out of position and they got a 2 on 1 against Severson. 

Just now, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Based on how his final year in Montreal wrapped up and his first full season here, did anyone expect him to play this well?  Even early on it looked like same ol same ol.  Yeah good for him.

No. In fact, most of us were thinking during last season, we had to give this guy TWO years??