GDT - Devils @ Sabres 11/25/22 8:00pm MSGSN

NJDfan1711

1 minute ago, pumpkin cutter said:

i had a bratt jersey photo years ago. u should know that. hell i was his biggest fan when yall were sh!ttin on him. he WAS cool. now he's into parise territory.

You weren’t the only one that was high on him early on. I knew we had something with him even before the breakout season. It was the fact that he made guys like Gusev and Zacha actually look good that really opened my eyes to him being a special player. 

As for the bold? If said territory is him being a pivotal piece that helps us get to a Cup final then sign me up. But past that it’s not a good comparison. Bratt is only 24 years old ffs. Parise was already 28 when it came time to pay him big money. 

7 minutes ago, capo said:

Bratt likely could have been at a $6 mil cap hit prior to the year. He would have been even cheaper if they signed him when they gave Nico his deal. Fitz was so stuck on the 6th round thing that he didn't pay him a fair value. Now, he's going to cost you.  Fitz fvcked up with Bratt. This conversation shouldn't even be being had right now.

For saying this…. Im curious to know if its because you know something that we don’t or if you don’t know something that we know…

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Parise was already 28 when it came time to pay him big money. 

And coming off knee surgery. He came back strong, not as good in the production category as the two seasons prior to his injury, and never got back there again. 

Quite a difference with Jesper. 

22 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

For saying this…. Im curious to know if its because you know something that we don’t or if you don’t know something that we know…

It doesn't make sense to sign a 5.5 mil contract for one year if you're seeking 9+.  He's a really good player. He's going to make a whole lot more than he would have prior to year. His previous contract was 2.5 per for 2 years. They could have locked him up then.  They paid Nico. They were hung up on the the 6th round thing.  

FWIW, I wouldn't pay him more than what Jack just got. I think they could have locked him up for around 6+ close to 7. Just under what Nico got. If they would have signed him long term earlier probably around 5.

Sometimes you see something on the internet that can only be one of two things, a complete and utter troll job that is meant to take a piss out of everyone who reads it, and can me laughed about in the future by those who wish to do so.

The other thing is that someone can be so ill-informed that you  should try to ignore the car crash that happens right in front of your eyes every time they share there thoughts once you reach that point.

Jesper Bratt is worth more than Severson and Graves, that's without taking into account the 2nd and 4th overall left and right handed defenseman who you just took in the last two draft.

Of course who knows maybe the Devils are looking to trade those two players plus Bratt for a guy like Josh Anderson and a bag of pucks, lets hope not though.

A nice win last night, let's hope they have some jump later today against the Capitols who also played yesterday.

Edited by Patrick Sundstrom Ghost
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, pumpkin cutter said:

i had a bratt jersey photo years ago. u should know that. hell i was his biggest fan when yall were sh!ttin on him. he WAS cool. now he's into parise territory.

We’ve reached the hipster level of trolldom:

“I liked the guy before he was cool, now he’s not cause he’s playing elite and I don’t want to pay him more than the two team friendly deals we managed to steal”

• Haha 3
  • Shocking 1

24 minutes ago, jagknife said:

We’ve reached the hipster level of trolldom:

“I liked the guy before he was cool, now he’s not cause he’s playing elite and I don’t want to pay him more than the two team friendly deals we managed to steal”

“I’m more a fan of Bratts early stuff, you wouldn’t get it.”

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

“I’m more a fan of Bratts early stuff, you wouldn’t get it.”

You don’t understand maaaaaaaan, he was doing his best stuff when he was a 30-point guy…then he sold out to become just another PPG clone.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 minute ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

You don’t understand maaaaaaaan, he was doing his best stuff when he was a 30-point guy…then he sold out to become just another PPG clone.  

Oh you’re watching Bratt in HD? That’s fine I guess. A 15 inch black and white tube tv is how hockey was meant to be watched though. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Oh you’re watching Bratt in HD? That’s fine I guess. A 15 inch black and white tube tv is how hockey was meant to be watched though. 

It is a shame, indie Bratt was so edgy and raw and cool.  But then he just HAD cross over to mainstream Hollywood fluff.  

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, capo said:

It doesn't make sense to sign a 5.5 mil contract for one year if you're seeking 9+.  He's a really good player. He's going to make a whole lot more than he would have prior to year. His previous contract was 2.5 per for 2 years. They could have locked him up then.  They paid Nico. They were hung up on the the 6th round thing.  

FWIW, I wouldn't pay him more than what Jack just got. I think they could have locked him up for around 6+ close to 7. Just under what Nico got. If they would have signed him long term earlier probably around 5.

How are they hung on the 6th round thing? It's been reported that Fitz offered a long-term deal to Bratt but it was turned down.

It's not Fitz fvcking up it's Bratt's side holding out. That's very very clear based on every single contract situation he was in and also all of his agent's negociations. It's always the same thing.

The Devils have offered a long-term deal for months to Bratt and his agent, Joakim Persson, suggested by sources and confirmed by Perrson himself. That offer went unsigned and, according to ESPN's Greg Wyshynski, was not countered by Bratt's side.

The belief around the situation is that the Devils would like to sign Bratt for multiple seasons, much like the team did with fellow young stars Jack Hughes and Nico Hischier. Both are signed to contracts at least through the 2026-27 season. However, it is believed that Bratt and Persson are seeking a pay increase for a shorter term so that the 24-year old would be able to test free agency while still in his late twenties.

Edited by SterioDesign

1 minute ago, SterioDesign said:

How are they hung on the 6th round thing? It's been reported that Fitz offered a long-term deal to Bratt but it was turned down.

It's not Fitz fvcking up it's Bratt's side holding out. That's very very clear based on every single contract situation he was in and also all of his agent's negociations. It's always the same thing.

They can be hung up on the 6th round thing and still offer a long term deal. What if they offered him 3.5 x 8? 

The second part is still 100% in your mind. Bratt IS holding out. The concept that his agent is making him do it is a fallacy. 

4 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

They can be hung up on the 6th round thing and still offer a long term deal. What if they offered him 3.5 x 8? 

The second part is still 100% in your mind. Bratt IS holding out. The concept that his agent is making him do it is a fallacy. 

re-read how i framed it this time, i actually made sure to frame it to avoid that specific answer. I said Bratt's side holding out not Fitz

My question is... how is there any indication that him being a 6th round pick has anything to do with anything for Fitz? That's a bigger fallacy than my statement that it's either Bratt or his agent influencing the negociation that way. It has a 50% chance of being true or not at least. The 6th round pick thing is just..... so vague and random

Edited by SterioDesign

2 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

re-read how i framed it this time, i actually made sure to frame it to avoid that specific answer. I said Bratt's side holding out not Fitz

You asked how they could be hung up on the 6th round thing if they offered him a long term deal. They can be hung up on the 6th round thing by offering a low AAV long term deal. 

That would certainly be Fitz fvcking up, would it not?