GDT - Devils vs Predators 12/1/22 7:00pm MSGSN

NJDfan1711

Coming off some really solid wins, the momentum and confidence has to be very high right now. The boys are playing great and it's hard to point out any major flaws, but if there's one area I think they need to improve on it's discipline and staying out of the box.  Making sure we don't turn the puck over too - last game we got a little sloppy at the end. 

Predators are doing what I feel like they do every year - hover right around .500 or so. I'm sure Hynes would love to win this game in our building, so I hope we don't sleep on them. 

Let's Go Devils!

• Like 2

No team is perfect, and many games have ebb-and-flow.  Sometimes the Devis will be off and sloppy...happens to everyone at some point...VV will probably go through a little slump eventually (dude has a .934 save% over his last 13 games...this is Vezina-level sh!t).  But they do keep finding a way...and they've built themselves up a nice surplus, so they can withstand a downturn without plummeting down the standings.

L

G

M

F

D!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jerrydevil said:

This is a big deal. Because inevitably, there will be a slump or two.

For sure.  The problem with past seasons and those brief good starts was by the end of November/early December, they were free-falling and you knew there was no coming back.

Now, even if they lost, say, 4-5 in a row (even good teams do that), they'd still have a terrific record, and could easily recover (as long as injuries aren't the main cause of the slide).  It's a great position to be in.

3 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

For sure.  The problem with past seasons and those brief good starts was by the end of November/early December, they were free-falling and you knew there was no coming back.

Now, even if they lost, say, 4-5 in a row (even good teams do that), they'd still have a terrific record, and could easily recover (as long as injuries aren't the main cause of the slide).  It's a great position to be in.

I prefer the "win 13, lose 1" pattern. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

has anyone spent time watching other teams this season? the devils being good has made me actually start watching a lot of other games during the week. 

we’re used to it by now this season, but holy cow… the devils are flat out leagues better than some of these other teams. most games look so slow and loose. 

it takes you 5 minutes of watching a random out of town game to recognize just how sick this devils team is.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

I prefer the "win 13, lose 1" pattern. 

Pretty sure that would be unanimous around these parts.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, MB3 said:

has anyone spent time watching other teams this season? the devils being good has made me actually start watching a lot of other games during the week. 

we’re used to it by now this season, but holy cow… the devils are flat out leagues better than some of these other teams. most games look so slow and loose. 

it takes you 5 minutes of watching a random out of town game to recognize just how sick this devils team is.

Which is exactly the reverse experience of previous years, when you would watch other games and wonder what the fvck what we were doing was called because it couldn't possibly have also been hockey. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, MB3 said:

I watch hockey almost every night. Not always paying full attention like i would watching the devils but there's always hockey playing on the side if im working late or wtv.

I have a bunch of friends around the US and Canada that are fans of other NHL teams and i like chatting with them while watching their team play. Im always using those opportunities to ask them about their prospects, who's doing well, who's not, how their new signings are doing, etc etc It's a lot more fun to get information that way than just reading stuff online.

2 of my buddies from the band Much The Same are huge Kings fans and we have a group chat on fb where we talk hockey and music regularly and that's what we did a few days ago when they were playing the Kraken. It was great cause man what a fvcking insane game. 9-8 in OT lol

And like you said when you watch other teams you can really compare and man i remember especially in the last few season watching other team's powerplays, just always been in motion, passing the puck around fast with crisp passes. And i was like.... "man our PP is terrible."... just watching everyone standing there making passes along the blue lines back and forth not leading to anything or making the other team have to even get out of position

Just now, MB3 said:

Funny you should mention this...I've started watching Rangers games again (hoping for a loss of course), and it had been a while since I was THAT all-in.  Nice to have that feeling back.

remember when the predators had a banner raising ceremony despite losing in the 2nd round to the Jets? The best part is the tiny little words of "regular season" over their western conference champions banner hahahahaha. 

Nashville Predators hold a laughable banner raising ceremony

send these losers back home.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Which is exactly the reverse experience of previous years, when you would watch other games and wonder what the fvck what we were doing was called because it couldn't possibly have also been hockey. 

Exactly this is the reason I couldn't watch hockey for like a decade. "Wow this is an entertaining game! Wow they are competent. wow they have skill. wow... they are fun to watch. wow... we are... not.... like them." every game for every team. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MB3 said:

remember when the predators had a banner raising ceremony despite losing in the 2nd round to the Jets? The best part is the tiny little words of "regular season" over their western conference champions banner hahahahaha. 

Nashville Predators hold a laughable banner raising ceremony

send these losers back home.

"Don't waste a perfectly good banner, boys, I got this..."

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, MB3 said:

I was watching some of Minnesota and Arizona on Sunday and I couldn’t wait for the next Devils game. Both looked sloppy, and Kaprizov got wide open on the powerplay a bunch of times and either no one could get him the puck, or the few times they did he missed the net. It reminded me of the last few years here. 

5 hours ago, MB3 said:

I find myself watching west coast games after Devils games because I'm still so pumped up and can't sleep 

• Like 1