GDT - Devils vs Predators 12/1/22 7:00pm MSGSN

NJDfan1711

1 minute ago, ajsgolf said:

Great fvcking way to start December, what a great sign of things to come.

Are you fvcking kidding?  Did you think they were winning every single game from here on out?  16-1-1 in their last 18 isn’t good enough for you?

• Like 5

i can’t properly express how horrid it is that the devils decided to use sharangovich over bratt/mercer in overtime. slow skating weak hands no defense “only good at shooting sometimes” sharangovich ON THE FIRST SHIFT.

that’s a loss on lindy ruff, period.

2 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Not sure I love how passive they were on the power play. They played not to lose, instead of playing to win. 

I’ll take a Nico or Jack goal here please. 

1000%.  This is what I was going to say, but wanted to wait until the game was over.  That was an absolutely terrible Powerplay - they did exactly what you said, playing not to lose and playing "safe".  Well, safe just cost them the game and a point.  Ruff has turned this team around, but that right that just goes to show that there are still some flaws on this team.  Huge coaching error there.  The very best teams are the ones who never take their foot of the gas and are always hungry for goals.  We should have sealed this fvcking game with that PP with 2 minutes left.   The team needs to not dwell on this loss, however they need to keep it as a reminder that nothing is ever guaranteed in this league.  

Crappy way to lose, but I don't think they'll make that mistake again.  Good learning lesson, hopefully.

• Like 1

Just now, MB3 said:

i can’t properly express how horrid it is that the devils decided to use sharangovich over bratt/mercer in overtime. slow skating weak hands no defense “only good at shooting sometimes” sharangovich ON THE FIRST SHIFT.

I don’t mind Yegor on that shift but I don’t like how he tried to skate through the defense. He should have passed the puck back and reset. 

Anywho it’s a learning lesson for this young group. They better destroy Philly on Saturday 

• Like 2

The fact that the devils lost an overtime game and Bratt and Jack never set foot on the ice is a direct indictment of the decision making of lindy ruff. 

the fact that the devils got a powerplay and skated Siegenthaler and McLeod out there instead of trying to win the fvcking game when their PP was 2/3 is a direct indictment on the decision making of lindy ruff.

the team is electric but this was a game the devils should’ve won 99 times out of 100 and lindy is the reason for it. 

Edited by MB3
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Bonginator11 said:

I don’t mind Yegor on that shift but I don’t like how he tried to skate through the defense. He should have passed the puck back and reset. 

Anywho it’s a learning lesson for this young group. They better destroy Philly on Saturday 

100% you have to play smart in OT. I am not down on Sharon but you need to put your best possession players on the ice in the OT.

1 minute ago, MB3 said:

Sharongovich is neither a slow skater, or weak on defense. He’s probably the best penalty killer on the team. He’s usually very sound without the puck. 

That said, he was brutal during that sequence. If it’s not there in OT you can’t force it, and he really screwed that possession. Hamilton didn’t play it particularly well either. 

Oh well. Frustrating loss to a team we just can’t seem to beat. Still got a point despite only showing up for one period of hockey though. 

Just now, Nicomo said:

Sharongovich is neither a slow skater, or weak on defense. He’s probably the best penalty killer on the team. He’s usually very sound without the puck. 

That said, he was brutal during that sequence. If it’s not there in OT you can’t force it, and he really screwed that possession. Hamilton didn’t play it particularly well either. 

Oh well. Frustrating loss to a team we just can’t seem to beat. Still got a point despite only showing up for one period of hockey though. 

he’s a fast directional skater but the worst edgework of an NHL player i’ve ever seen. he takes turns like a grandma using a wheelchair for the first time, and short ice is not his friend. 

his point defenseman was the guy that got the shot through to tie the game. he turned it over 3 times in less than half a minute in overtime. 

hamilton had his worst game in a devils uniform.

5 minutes ago, MB3 said:

devils scored 3 quick ones and decided “we got this.”

vanecek was bad. not horrendous and none of the goals were super weak, but you need your goalie to stop more than 4 pucks when you play that well for 59 minutes of the game. 

You thought they played well for 59 minutes? Cause I’d argue they really only showed up for the 2nd. Preds dominated large portions of the game in the the 1st & 3rd. 

• Like 1

Just now, Nicomo said:

You thought they played well for 59 minutes? Cause I’d argue they really only showed up for the 2nd. Preds dominated large portions of the game in the the 1st & 3rd. 

the devils thoroughly dominated play in the first period. predators got a softy for the first goal and then a lucky bounce for the second. 

the devils dominated the 2nd period so much it was a miracle they only got 3 goals. 

third period was slightly more even. but overall I think the devils dominate that game and lose because of a poor decision from their coach and a mediocre effort from their goalie against a gargantuan effort from their opposition’s goalie.

It's a great season so far but they haven't been sharp lately. Apart from the Rag game, They played very poorly against the caps but got a W. Today they were good only for the first 5 min of the second pd. Preds controlled the game and the last 3 min was absolute crap. Hope they learned the lesson. Being on top of the division is a hard task. 

7 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Are you fvcking kidding?  Did you think they were winning every single game from here on out?  16-1-1 in their last 18 isn’t good enough for you?

I fully agree with you.

But i gotta point out that if i said the same exact thing you just did, some people here would have said that i'm gatekeeping, being condescending, telling fans how to be fans and telling people how to feel lol And that things said in the heat of the moment can't be argued since they are just renting.

I still agree with you though. Some people need to calm down overall lol