Jump to content

GDT - Devils vs Predators 12/1/22 7:00pm MSGSN


NJDfan1711
 Share

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

2 losses in 5 games?!?  Will this slump ever end? 

Sloppy play, and some missed chances in the 3rd. It’s gonna happen at times. Just get ready for the next one. 

A Nico breakaway, a Jack chance all alone in the slot (with Saros missing his stick), and a PP all at the end of the 3rd with a chance to close it out. Just unbelievable.

The worst part is losing to Hynes. Ugh. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, MB3 said:

the devils thoroughly dominated play in the first period. predators got a softy for the first goal and then a lucky bounce for the second. 

the devils dominated the 2nd period so much it was a miracle they only got 3 goals. 

third period was slightly more even. but overall I think the devils dominate that game and lose because of a poor decision from their coach and a mediocre effort from their goalie against a gargantuan effort from their opposition’s goalie.

I lost the count of how many times they turned the puck over. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

You thought they played well for 59 minutes? Cause I’d argue they really only showed up for the 2nd. Preds dominated large portions of the game in the the 1st & 3rd. 

You could argue it was only a few minutes of the second. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

A Nico breakaway, a Jack chance all alone in the slot (with Saros missing his stick), and a PP all at the end of the 3rd with a chance to close it out. Just unbelievable.

The worst part is losing to Hynes. Ugh. 

Hynes is not winning anything anyway...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Every team has some WTF?! losses here and there.  Yeah this one blew but 19-4-1 buys a lot of currency.  The Devils were on their game quite a bit but off just enough.  Not going to go too crazy second-guessing or ripping anyone…they’ve just been too good most of the time.  Obviously was great to see them storm back, and if only they could’ve converted one of those breakaway chances.

Next game boys…you can do it!  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Every team has some WTF?! losses here and there.  Yeah this one blew but 19-4-1 buys a lot of currency.  The Devils were on their game quite a bit but off just enough.  Not going to go too crazy second-guessing or ripping anyone…they’ve just been too good most of the time.  Obviously was great to see them storm back, and if only they could’ve converted one of those breakaway chances.

Next game boys…you can do it!  

Yep there’s still plenty of growing pains to go through. They’ll come out looking better Saturday 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

A Nico breakaway, a Jack chance all alone in the slot (with Saros missing his stick), and a PP all at the end of the 3rd with a chance to close it out. Just unbelievable.

The worst part is losing to Hynes. Ugh. 

Re:  that final PP, what was weird is that the Devils seemed to want to play keep away (with Nashville not really forcing the issue), then almost appeared to decide on the fly to try to score.  They never seemed to recover fully after that.  But it is what it is.  16-1–1 over an 18-game stretch…I mean, daaaaaaaamn.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Nicomo said:

Is this a serious question? For the same reason it’s annoying when former Devils players score against us. Can’t believe I have to explain this. 

Cmon man...former players, former coach...

The key word is former. Why does it matter who coaches the Preds and how we have a hard time beating them. We want the cup, we need to find the way. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Re:  that final PP, what was weird is that the Devils seemed to want to play keep away (with Nashville not really forcing the issue), then almost appeared to decide on the fly to try to score.  They never seemed to recover fully after that.  But it is what it is.  16-1–1 over an 18-game stretch…I mean, daaaaaaaamn.

That’s what they did. They played it the easy way thinking they could run out the clock. 

Not so. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, mfitz804 said:

That’s what they did. They played it the easy way thinking they could run out the clock. 

Not so. 

They probably could have pulled it out if they had stuck to the original plan for the full two minutes…but just not in the mood to kill them for tonight.  They’re still 9 points clear of the second-place team with the same number of games played.  

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.