GDT: 12/3/2022, Devils v. Flyers, 7:00 pm, MSGSN

mfitz804

2 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

No, you certainly have had worse. 

These goddamn things are growing on me, and I don’t like it. 

Yeah I like them.

I wouldn’t mind if they used this as a template for a New Jersey, with yellow being swapped out for green and blue being swapped out for black.  Better than the Adidas floaties. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Yeah I like them.

I wouldn’t mind if they used this as a template for a New Jersey, with yellow being swapped out for green and blue being swapped out for black.  Better than the Adidas floaties. 

Personally I don’t like the idea of green AND black, should be one or the other to me. 

And, of course, if we are giving up the Adidas template, just bring back the previous version with the “correct” stripes. 

Just now, mfitz804 said:

Personally I don’t like the idea of green AND black, should be one or the other to me. 

And, of course, if we are giving up the Adidas template, just bring back the previous version with the “correct” stripes. 

Yeah obviously I would take the 1992-2017 version back in a heartbeat, no complaints, no questions asked.  No chopped shoulder yoke, no forced references no one cares about…just a great and clean jersey that the Devils adorned during their very best seasons.  Great time to bring back their “winning” look.  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

I saw Nico in this hoodie and I was all about it...until I saw the price. Maybe I've been sleeping on merch for a while but $120 for a hoodie. That's insane!

image.thumb.png.8eecb50785d67a1664cae21ce7ca494f.png

That’s Fanatics for you, with the added bonus that it’s also ill fitting and poor quality. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

image.gif.9783e2ee7b662335655e211d6c84e337.gif

lol at the jersey collectors here talking themselves into liking these things. You guys are delusional. :P

Heh heh to each their own.  I actually genuinely like them.

But if we had gotten the Frankenscouts…

18 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Heh heh to each their own.  I actually genuinely like them.

But if we had gotten the Frankenscouts…

how is this not frankenscouts? 

I’m less repulsed by them than i was day-1 but this is pretty much exactly a bastardized KC scouts jersey, regardless of how much they call it a rockies jersey.

8 minutes ago, MB3 said:

I’m less repulsed by them than i was day-1 but this is pretty much exactly a bastardized KC scouts jersey, regardless of how much they call it a rockies jersey.

It’s a 1982 Devils layout with blue swapped in for green and yellow added in a couple of areas that were originally white.  The original 1982 stripe ratios have been tweaked a bit, but these are not Scouts related.  They just did a Rockies/Devils mashup.  It doesn’t look like a Rockies or Scouts jersey…it just implements some colors from the pre-Devils days onto a older Devils template.  

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

28 minutes ago, MB3 said:

No, it’s not. 

20 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

It’s a 1982 Devils layout with blue swapped in for green and yellow added in a couple of areas that were originally white.  The original 1982 stripe ratios have been tweaked a bit, but these are not Scouts related.  They just did a Rockies/Devils mashup.  It doesn’t look like a Rockies or Scouts jersey…it just implements some colors from the pre-Devils days onto an older Devils template.  

Yes, it is. 

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

That’s Fanatics for you, with the added bonus that it’s also ill fitting and poor quality. 

I am small so I was actually going to buy a similar, but less nice, version from the kids section in XL but after the shipping, HANDLING FEE(wtf is this sh!t), and taxes the discount is basically gone anyway. I'll pass.

2 hours ago, NJDevils1214 said:

I saw Nico in this hoodie and I was all about it...until I saw the price. Maybe I've been sleeping on merch for a while but $120 for a hoodie. That's insane!

image.thumb.png.8eecb50785d67a1664cae21ce7ca494f.png

It's a pullover too, I still wouldn't spend $120 for a zip up but they always seem to have way more pullovers than zip ups and I guess people like those more, I have no clue why. 

These things should be $40, $50 tops. 

Damn player t shirts are like $40, it's insane. I don't buy anything anymore. 

1 minute ago, Satans Hockey said:

It's a pullover too, I still wouldn't spend $120 for a zip up but they always seem to have way more pullovers than zip ups and I guess people like those more, I have no clue why. 

These things should be $40, $50 tops. 

Damn player t shirts are like $40, it's insane. I don't buy anything anymore. 

The prices of gotten way out of hand. I bought a RR 2.0 hat because I have the jersey so I need a matching hat (I never wear the matching hats but I have them). Using the Black Friday coupon and the rewards dollars I got from buying the jersey, it was $20 shipped. Full price would have been $34.99 plus $4.99 shipping plus $1.99 handling. 

That’s just under $42 for a fvcking hat. Fanatics has ruined team merchandise. I don’t own a single Devils t-shirt anymore, and the only sweatshirt I have is a 47 Brand Marty retirement night hoodie that has never fit me since the day I bought it. But I have it. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nicomo said:

image.gif.9783e2ee7b662335655e211d6c84e337.gif

lol at the jersey collectors here talking themselves into liking these things. You guys are delusional. :P

Not a jersey collector but they haven’t grown on me even a little bit.  Just as bad as the first time I saw them.   

1 minute ago, MadDog2020 said:

Wood is back

That’s what she said! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

The prices of gotten way out of hand. I bought a RR 2.0 hat because I have the jersey so I need a matching hat (I never wear the matching hats but I have them). Using the Black Friday coupon and the rewards dollars I got from buying the jersey, it was $20 shipped. Full price would have been $34.99 plus $4.99 shipping plus $1.99 handling. 

That’s just under $42 for a fvcking hat. Fanatics has ruined team merchandise. I don’t own a single Devils t-shirt anymore, and the only sweatshirt I have is a 47 Brand Marty retirement night hoodie that has never fit me since the day I bought it. But I have it. 

Fanatics is trash. It’s obnoxious how much they charge for absolutely horribly made stuff. They have almost monopolized the industry at this point. I miss the good old days of classic 90’s sports apparel. Starter, The Game- that was the golden era of sports merch. 

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Fanatics is trash. It’s obnoxious how much they charge for absolutely horribly made stuff. They have almost monopolized the industry at this point. I miss the good old days of classic 90’s sports apparel. Starter, The Game- that was the golden era of sports merch. 

Absolutely. Back in my retail days I worked for Kinney Shoes, which was owned by the same company that owned Foot Locker, Champs, and a store called Going To The Game that sold nothing but team apparel. I used the crap out of my employee discount and basically wore nothing but Mets and Devils for most of high school lol. 

11 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Absolutely. Back in my retail days I worked for Kinney Shoes, which was owned by the same company that owned Foot Locker, Champs, and a store called Going To The Game that sold nothing but team apparel. I used the crap out of my employee discount and basically wore nothing but Mets and Devils for most of high school lol. 

I remember Going to the Game! We had one at the Rockaway Townsquare Mall; I drove my parents nuts in that place 🤣

30 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

Not a jersey collector but they haven’t grown on me even a little bit.  Just as bad as the first time I saw them.   

The Devils could definitely stand to come up with less polarizing designs.  Even if I happen to like these RR 2.0s (and I’ve been seeing them at games), they easily could’ve come up with something with a lot more universal appeal.  The black 3rd still feels like a missed opportunity to me, even if a hell of a lot of fans appear to have embraced them.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

3 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

I remember Going to the Game! We had one at the Rockaway Townsquare Mall; I drove my parents nuts in that place 🤣

There was a day where you could go to Modell’s or Dick’s or a few other places and get perfectly fine replicas, that weren’t THAT much of a downgrade from authentics…and legit authentics weren’t that difficult to come by.  I miss those days.

• Like 1