GDT: 12/3/2022, Devils v. Flyers, 7:00 pm, MSGSN

mfitz804

Just now, mfitz804 said:

Remind me, is there a superstition that prohibits me from putting up the next GDT right after the game? 

Your thread

Your rules!

guys really looked flat and out of it all game. part of that is almost certainly tortorella’s abhorrent-to-watch system, with the mantra of “hold everyone, they can’t call everything a penalty.” 

i listened to the second period. chico was on fire, man i miss him. would love if they flipped chico and dano. but he said something i loved: “the flyers are daring the devils to make the tough plays and the devils aren’t. they’re doing nothing with urgency.” looks like they got their pp’s whacked a little bit at intermission because the third was much better until they said “neat we’re up 3-1 gg no re” with 7 minutes of game left. 

props to schmid for looking like a legitimate nhl goalie, a year after he looked like a legitimate make a wish kid getting his dream fulfilled of playing in the NHL. 

the blackwood dilemma is coming. schmid looks better than Mack. I don’t know how you send him down at this point, and you don’t want to carry 3 goalies (nor do you want to waive blackwood). 

5 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

No team is on top of their game all season.  When you find a way to still get points out of those games, that’s a skill in itself.

Devils are 20-2-1 in their last 23 GP.  That’s sick.

That goes without saying and I'm rather upset than worried. I kinda expected it and it's better at this time of the season than later. I'm still pleasantly surprised to see them on top of the division.  

Yes that Blackwood situation will be tricky.  Schmid has done absolutely NOTHING to deserve to be sent down.  

• Like 2

Not our most impressive performance but glad to get the win.  

On subway train out of NRG station.  We easily had 30% of the crowd and it sounded like 50% at times.   So nice to flip the script after all these years of hearing how the Rock was invaded by Flyers and Rangers fans.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Yes that Blackwood situation will be tricky.  Schmid has done absolutely NOTHING to deserve to be sent down.  

It kind of sucks, to be honest. How can you even justify doing it? But yet I think it will have to be. 

5 minutes ago, Devs64 said:

That goes without saying and I'm rather upset than worried. I kinda expected it and it's better at this time of the season than later. I'm still pleasantly surprised to see them on top of the division.  

Think about it…Devils have banked three points in their last two games.  They could’ve come away with none.  They’ll start playing better again, but nice to get goaltending that keeps them in games while they’re fighting it.  And to have a team that can finish just enough when opportunities are limited.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

1 minute ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Think about it…Devils have banked three points in their last two games.  They could’ve come away with none.  They’ll start playing better again, but nice to get goaltending that keeps them in games while they’re fighting it.  And a team that can finish just enough when opportunities are limited.

True. Goaltending is day and night compared with last year. I'm already thinking about the trade period lol.

5 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

This isn’t even a personal thing with Blackwood but for me he represents everything that went wrong over the last few years.  While I agree we need to keep him as insurance for a Vanacek injury, I wouldn’t be sad if we never saw him in net again for the Devils and he walked at the end of the year.  

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

This isn’t even a personal thing with Blackwood but for me he represents everything that went wrong over the last few years.  While I agree we need to keep him as insurance for a Vanacek injury, I wouldn’t be sad if we never saw him in net again for the Devils and he walked at the end of the year.  

I think the end of the year is a foregone conclusion unless he comes back and does what these other guys are doing. 

I too think he needs to be kept as insurance, but at what point do we acknowledge that maybe Schmid is all the insurance needed? 

I would say, though, trying to clear that puck himself at the end was very confident but very stupid. 

Edited by mfitz804
  • Like 2

Just now, Lateralous said:

He’s one of those guys you associate with “those” Devils, just because.  Seves is like that too.  And Smith feels he COULD have been on those teams heh heh.

If Schmid gets sent down and Blackwood gets a couple of games and looks meh in both…Mac is going to be torched by this fanbase.  

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

He’s one of those guys you associate with “those” Devils, just because.  Seves is like that too.  And Smith feels he COULD have been on those teams heh heh.

If Schmid gets sent down and Blackwood gets a couple of games and looks meh in both…Mac is going to be torched by this fanbase.  

Definitely.

40 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

Not our most impressive performance but glad to get the win.  

On subway train out of NRG station.  We easily had 30% of the crowd and it sounded like 50% at times.   So nice to flip the script after all these years of hearing how the Rock was invaded by Flyers and Rangers fans.  

Some loud LGD chants came through on the broadcast! Jack acknowledging fans after his goal, too…after the Garden takeover this is really cool to see by our fanbase. Glad to finally be giving it back to these losers.

Edited by devlman
  • Like 4

50 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

…also, since we last checked in late Monday night, I believe that Kakko and Laf have played 3 games with 0 points. 

It’s obviously a broken record but when do those guys start to put up points on a consistent basis?  

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

10 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

Hopefully the day before never.  

Oh for sure, but man, for a 1OA pick and 2OA pick, a good chunk of that fanbase has to be getting anxious.  

45 minutes ago, devlman said:

Some loud LGD chants came through on the broadcast! Jack acknowledging fans after his goal, too…after the Garden takeover this is really cool to see by our fanbase. Glad to finally be giving it back to these losers.

100%. I really like seeing Devils fans (even if they're new ones) being loud in opposing teams' arenas. We had Rangers fans especially pulling this crap on us for the past 30 years so it's time to give back as I see it. Plus, our players love it, so why not. 

• Like 2