GDT: 12/3/2022, Devils v. Flyers, 7:00 pm, MSGSN

mfitz804

5 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Oh for sure, but man, for a 1OA pick and 2OA pick, a good chunk of that fanbase has to be getting anxious.  

They’re in a weird spot.  It looked like they had the perfect rebuild/retool with the combo of productive vets and a young core of Laf/Kakko/Fox and sh!t stork but now it almost seems like they should trade their future for immediate help and go for it now while zib, Krieder and Panarin are all still in their prime 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

He’s our first superstar forward.  That was a superstar goal.

Our first homegrown superstar forward anyway. And certainly the most electrifying player we’ve had since Kovy. 

2 hours ago, Devs64 said:

Survived this time, but looked sloppy and disconnected all game. Good to get a W, but the slump is evident.

Slump seems like a bit much considering they’re still finding ways to win (or at least get a point like against the Preds). They were never going to keep outshooting every team they played by almost double, or keep winning every game 5-2. 

Anyway, I just finished the game on the dvr, and I thought Wood had his best game in weeks. Nice to see after a pretty rough stretch, and with Bastian missing from that line. 

Hell of a game for Schmid, too. Hope he’s ok from that collusion at the end. He looked pretty shaken up when Vanecek came out to celebrate with him. 

Edited by Nicomo
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Our first homegrown superstar forward anyway. And certainly the most electrifying player we’ve had since Kovy. 

Slump seems like a bit much considering they’re still finding ways to win (or at least get a point like against the Preds). They were never going to keep outshooting every team they played by almost double, or keep winning every game 5-2. 

Anyway, I just finished the game on the dvr, and I thought Wood had his best game in weeks. Nice to see after a pretty rough stretch, and with Bastian missing from that line. 

Hell of a game for Schmid, too. Hope he’s ok from that collusion at the end. He looked pretty shaken up when Vanecek came out to celebrate with him. 

Agree, slump does probably sound a bit much. Rather, they just cooled off, but finding ways to get it done is definitely a huge positive. I'm just worried whether they'll be able to handle the entire season. Even though they've played well without Palat; and Schmid has exceeded all expectations, another big injury (God forbid) may actually expose their lack of depth. Interesting to see what the trade period will bring. Meanwhile I'm hoping they remain excited and motivated. 

18 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

The prices of gotten way out of hand. I bought a RR 2.0 hat because I have the jersey so I need a matching hat (I never wear the matching hats but I have them). Using the Black Friday coupon and the rewards dollars I got from buying the jersey, it was $20 shipped. Full price would have been $34.99 plus $4.99 shipping plus $1.99 handling. 

That’s just under $42 for a fvcking hat. Fanatics has ruined team merchandise. I don’t own a single Devils t-shirt anymore, and the only sweatshirt I have is a 47 Brand Marty retirement night hoodie that has never fit me since the day I bought it. But I have it. 

Never wear the hats with the jerseys or just never wear the hats period? If period then why bother buying them? 

The Devils bumped up the season ticket holder discount to like 20 percent off but even then it's still too expensive for t-shirts. There's no reason player t shirts should be $20, $25 tops. There's nothing special about them and they aren't even that nice of a material either. 

I surprisingly have a real low amount of Devils gear because of the prices of everything alone. I don't wear hats, I haven't bought a jersey since like 01. If prices were less obscene I'd own a lot more stuff. 

1 minute ago, Satans Hockey said:

Never wear the hats with the jerseys or just never wear the hats period? If period then why bother buying them? 

Yeah exactly, why? No idea. I will occasionally wear one to a game. But for the most part I just don’t really wear hats anymore. But if I decide to, I have one to match my jersey lol. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

He’s our first superstar forward.  That was a superstar goal.

20 hours ago, Nicomo said:

A little off topic but we're on to the Blackhawks GDT now so...

He certainly wasn't recognized around the league as such, mostly because his stats were suppressed in our system and the lazy media take that we were all D and goaltending playing a trap out front, but I will go to my grave insisting that prime Patrik Elias was absolutely a superstar.    

31 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

He certainly wasn't recognized around the league as such, mostly because his stats were suppressed in our system and the lazy media take that we were all D and goaltending playing a trap out front, but I will go to my grave insisting that prime Patrik Elias was absolutely a superstar.    

It’s definitely stats based that people don’t view him that way. He had over 80 points only twice. 

44 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

I love Patty, but we can’t really argue he was both underrated, and a superstar. He was definitely the former, imo. 

1 minute ago, Jerrydevil said:

When is Wilf Paiement Night?

Retire that guy’s number right now…

Just now, Nicomo said:

I love Patty, but we can’t really argue he was both underrated, and a superstar. He was definitely the former, imo. 

I don’t think those things are inconsistent. He isn’t considered a superstar by most, because he is underrated. 

On 12/4/2022 at 1:35 AM, Devs64 said:

Agree, slump does probably sound a bit much. Rather, they just cooled off, but finding ways to get it done is definitely a huge positive. I'm just worried whether they'll be able to handle the entire season. Even though they've played well without Palat; and Schmid has exceeded all expectations, another big injury (God forbid) may actually expose their lack of depth. Interesting to see what the trade period will bring. Meanwhile I'm hoping they remain excited and motivated. 

Are they really lacking depth?  They are rolling with four lines.  That is the definition of depth.  They are winning without Palat, MB, and now Bastian.  Zetterlund stepped and has been great.  Schmid has been great.  Bahl was solid and even got a goal.  Hilts got a great goal too.  That doesn’t include players they can call up from Utica. 

4 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

It’s definitely stats based that people don’t view him that way. He had over 80 points only twice. 

He has a +/- of +172 and over 1000 points.  He is the most underrated player in history.  He should be in the Hall of Fame.  If people want to argue Brodeur’s greatness because he played behind the greatest defensive dynasty in history, then Patty deserves credit for the 1000+ points he racked up by inducting him into the hall of fame.  Patty is my favorite Devil of all-time.  How many times did Bergeron get over 80 points with those 5 Selkes?  If Patty had the same career in Boston, New York, Montreal, Toronto, St. Luis, to name a few, he would be in the Hall of Fame.

5 hours ago, Puckbuster said:

Are they really lacking depth?  They are rolling with four lines.  That is the definition of depth.  They are winning without Palat, MB, and now Bastian.  Zetterlund stepped and has been great.  Schmid has been great.  Bahl was solid and even got a goal.  Hilts got a great goal too.  That doesn’t include players they can call up from Utica. 

Jesper Boqvist is in our NHL lineup, and when bastion got hurt, we had to bring up Andreas Johnsson. I don’t know if I would call that depth.

5 hours ago, Puckbuster said:

He has a +/- of +172 and over 1000 points.  He is the most underrated player in history.  He should be in the Hall of Fame.  If people want to argue Brodeur’s greatness because he played behind the greatest defensive dynasty in history, then Patty deserves credit for the 1000+ points he racked up by inducting him into the hall of fame.  Patty is my favorite Devil of all-time.  How many times did Bergeron get over 80 points with those 5 Selkes?  If Patty had the same career in Boston, New York, Montreal, Toronto, St. Luis, to name a few, he would be in the Hall of Fame.

I don’t disagree, I was merely pointing out the argument that people make. Which has some more credibility than the Marty argument. Nobody has ever credibly made that argument, only Rangers fans, and Devils haters.

• Like 1