GDT: 12/9/22 Devils v. Islanders, 7:00pm, MSGSN

mfitz804

Listen, we played bad last night, still only lost by two, and played 7 minutes with an empty net, scored one, hit two crossbars, and gave up no empty net goals. 

We didn’t complete the comeback, but came within 3 inches of it. You aren’t going to win every game, you are going to look like sh!t sometimes, and if you can do that and stay in the game, that is a very good sign. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

Just finished the game, hate these jerseys, hate the Islanders, hate their stupid fvcking fans doing their chants in our building. 

Picked a good game not to be able to go to at least.

Also I blame you guys for bringing up low scoring soccer games in this thread as the reason they gave up 6 lol 

Agreed. That stupid Josh Bailey song was loud enough to be heard on the tv. 

Devils need an enforcer though in the worst way. Teams like the Islanders will take shots at our players until we have one. Having a Tie Domi type would be great (minus the boneheaded scumbaggery). 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, slasher72 said:

Agreed. That stupid Josh Bailey song was loud enough to be heard on the tv. 

Devils need an enforcer though in the worst way. Teams like the Islanders will take shots at our players until we have one. Having a Tie Domi type would be great (minus the boneheaded scumbaggery). 

Max Domi maybe?

2 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Listen, we played bad last night, still only lost by two, and played 7 minutes with an empty net, scored one, hit two crossbars, and gave up no empty net goals. 

We didn’t complete the comeback, but came within 3 inches of it. You aren’t going to win every game, you are going to look like sh!t sometimes, and if you can do that and stay in the game, that is a very good sign. 

Yeah I didn’t finally head out to leave the building until there was about 30 seconds or so left…it felt like that goal to pull them to within one was SO within their grasp.  Just didn’t happen.

And yeah some losses will come…right now the Devils are on pace for about 15 regular season regulation losses.  I’d be very pleasantly stunned if they finished with such a low amount.

I’m sure nothing is imminent but I’m curious to see what a package involving Sharangovich and Holtz could bring back.   

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

The amount of bad takes on the Hughes shift is insane. I’ve seen “he must not have given 100%”, “the coach has lost control of him” and “they must have been hemmed in their own zone”. There’s a lot of dumb just wandering around out there. 

Guess a lot of Ranger fans are chiming in.  

3 hours ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

The amount of bad takes on the Hughes shift is insane. I’ve seen “he must not have given 100%”, “the coach has lost control of him” and “they must have been hemmed in their own zone”. There’s a lot of dumb just wandering around out there. 

Maybe they should, ya know, actually watch the shift. 

On 12/9/2022 at 11:33 AM, jagknife said:

Oh dang dude. Definitely don’t miss those days.

Baby Fresh Fruit Food Feeder Pacifier, 2 Pack HAOBAOBEI Baby Teether for Chewing, Freezable Infant Teething Toy, Teething Relief, Soft Silicone Feeder with 4 Silicone Pouch, BPA Free (Green&Purple) https://a.co/d/2EWkl47

these with an apple slice inside worked like a goddamn miracle though. Couldn’t recommend them enough. The boys HATED the mesh ones but loved these.

i want to kiss you on the mouth for this. he’s obsessed, first teething toy he’s ever let go within 4 feet of his mouth. he’s been sucking on frozen pineapples all day and hasn’t screamed about his teeth at all. 

4 hours ago, MB3 said:

to add on, our first full night of sleep in a month. my wife wants to kiss you on the mouth too. wowowow

Technique only: don’t use oragel either, it apparently hardens the gums and prolongs it. Even the kids ones.

Also these worked too when the boys progressed:

Baby Banana Yellow Banana Infant Toothbrush, Easy to Hold, Made in the USA, Train Infants Babies and Toddlers for Oral Hygiene, Teether Effect for Sore Gums, 4.33" x 0.39" x 7.87" https://a.co/d/a1ah8O8

• Thanks 1

On 12/9/2022 at 9:00 PM, Lateralous said:

He reminds me of Eeli Tolvanen on Nashville.   4 years later, Preds are still waiting for a breakout.   Meanwhile, the dude barely plays anymore and has been passed by numerous other young players…but, but , but, the shot.   

Let’s hope this isn’t Holtz in a couple years…

• Like 1

Eeli Tolvanen had that one great KHL season in his D+1 year, and has been pretty good in international tournaments. But other than that, he hasn't really done much at any level to suggest he would be a solid NHL player. Holtz on the other hand has had pretty consistently strong production at every level aside from the NHL so far, and he looks like he's a point per game AHL player at this stage of his career, with or without half-decent centers. Holtz definitely has a lot to work on. I really like his skill set, but he has a long way to go before he reaches his potential. There's certainly reason to be optimistic about him, even if it takes some time.