GDT: Devils @ Rags - 12 Dec - 700p start - NHL Network

jagknife

1 minute ago, Nicomo said:

No one can say Holtz isn’t getting his fair share of chances. I’d probably put Johnsson in the lineup over him at this point if I was Ruff. 

That's how I felt after last game, I figured it was time to give Johnsson a shot to prove himself worthy again since Holtz hasn't done much of anything to earn his keep, plus the second call was a backbreaker, especially being in the offensive zone.

• Like 2

Yeah either Holtz shows something in this game or he goes back to Utica.  Obviously no one here loves Johnsson but I can't strongly oppose him getting a shot over Holtz at the moment.  Johnsson has had two nice offensive runs in his NHL career...yes, they were driven heavily by unsustainable shooting%s in both cases, but maybe he's got one more short-term burst in him, and who knows, maybe getting another look at the NHL level gives him a little extra oomph.  Right now I'll take that over the kid who clearly needs a lot more seasoning.    

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

You’re clearly the one who’s most obsessed with them. :P

I mean, you (or whomever) line up the pins and I will knock them down every time. 

I'd probably start with the guys who automatically feel like they have to deflect even when it wasn't their comment lol. 

Edited by mfitz804

Speaking of these Blowshirt fvckers...

Who wants to bet that Jack Hughes finishes the 2022-23 season with more points than Kaapo Kakko will have put up for his entire CAREER?

Hughes 2022-23:  33 points thru 27 games

Kakko 2019-23:  67 points thru 186 games

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Who wants to bet that Jack Hughes finishes the 2022-23 season with more points than Kaapo Kakko will have put up for his entire CAREER?

That's interesting. 

12 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I’ll bet Kakko doesn’t finish the season a Rag. I bet he gets moved in a deadline deal.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

That's interesting. 

At his career pace, Kappo figures to finish this season with 85-95 career points.  Basically means if he stays healthy or doesn't get scratched, I'm thinking he puts up 18-28 more points over the Rangers' remaining 53 games.  Given his numbers to date, can't really expect more than 28 points.

That would mean Jack would have to put up another 53-63 points over the Devils' remaining 55 games to beat him, depending upon where Kakko finishes.  Doesn't really seem like much of a stretch.

1 minute ago, MadDog2020 said:

I’ll bet Kakko doesn’t finish the season a Rag. I bet he gets moved in a deadline deal.

If that happens that would definitely take some of the starch out of this whole thing, heh heh.  He's on an extremely tradeable contract (only signed through next season)...if the Rangers want to package him for a rental, I can definitely see a team taking a flyer on him...2OAs usually get multiple chances by virtue of where they were selected.  But yeah you draft a 2OA thinking he's going to be a big part of your future AND will soon be contributing in the present.  Obviously hasn't been the case with that kid at all.  

• Like 1